Forums59
Topics1,039,870
Posts13,971,465
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11033963 08/11/15 01:11 AM
B
Basshead21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Had a dock owner pull a gun on us at Fork. Long story short he spent the night in jail.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Basshead21] #11033976 08/11/15 01:16 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Basshead21
Had a dock owner pull a gun on us at Fork. Long story short he spent the night in jail.

No, you don't get to do that! With something that intriguing, you've GOT to share!

taz

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Mulholland] #11033980 08/11/15 01:18 AM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Originally Posted By: Mulholland
Originally Posted By: blacklab

Your comment that her dock is not for her kids to swim off, makes you sound no different than her. Her kids have as much right to swim there as you have a right to fish there.

I personally would not swim there, I have seen too many snakes swim in & out of that rip rap.

My comment about the dock not being a swimming area for her children was to point out that she doesn't expressly have rights to that water, it isn't a designated swimming area. I said exactly what I meant and what I said was 100% true. Don't try to make up issues where there aren't any. Owning a dock doesn't mean you own the water and owning shoreline property doesn't mean you get to manage the water there either.

If I wanted to "harass" her, I'd be entirely in my rights to come set jug lines all over the water right there so long as I was managing them within the law. It isn't her water. Period. No if ands or buts, get offended all you want, she is 100% wrong, and short of doing anything unlawful directly to her, no one is harassing her by being in the right legally... saying anyone is harassing her by being there is absurd and 100% reinforces her behavior.

I don't even have to call the game warden. No one does. They are within their right to go fish there all they want and all she can do is hen away. Again, ignoring her unlawful harassment =/= harassing her. Quit empowering the unlawful party by telling people they should respect her choice to attempt to break the law... what kind of mentality is that? dunce

Yup.

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11034335 08/11/15 03:56 AM
T
Tommar Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
The question I have is has anyone had any luck at that spot???

US Army and TXARNG 1984-2014
Gulf War 90-91
Iraq 2004-05
A'stan 2009
VFW Post Commander 2013-15
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11034551 08/11/15 12:29 PM
J
jbhall1183 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Karl Dietz,

I was a member of the boat club for about 3 yrs and my father was or about 4-5 yrs. there were about 8 fisherman in that entire place. I crappie and bass fished. There are some good people out there so don't think I'm saying they are all like that. I'm no longer a member bc they told us fishing is not allowed any more. We had some retired railroaders out there and when [censored] was hitting a fan.. They walked in the main office and put 3k on the table to continue fishing and they said no. Another story.. After they kicked all the fisherman out, the commodore, the head honcho of the boat club, had a son and he wanted to fish one day instead of riding his sailboat.. So he did but there were some members that started complaining..little did they know who's son it was and so he fished. This came from a worker I know who watches over the place. Are u or were u a member Karl?

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11034560 08/11/15 12:32 PM
J
jbhall1183 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
You questioning snobs? Not all but some, yes! Thinking they own the water.. Thinking they are above my mom and I because we have a different shade of skin color. Snobs, racist. It's whatever. We still fished there after that incident.

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: jbhall1183] #11034661 08/11/15 01:15 PM
Karl Dietz Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: jbhall1183
Karl Dietz,

I was a member of the boat club for about 3 yrs and my father was or about 4-5 yrs. there were about 8 fisherman in that entire place. I crappie and bass fished. There are some good people out there so don't think I'm saying they are all like that. I'm no longer a member bc they told us fishing is not allowed any more. We had some retired railroaders out there and when [censored] was hitting a fan.. They walked in the main office and put 3k on the table to continue fishing and they said no. Another story.. After they kicked all the fisherman out, the commodore, the head honcho of the boat club, had a son and he wanted to fish one day instead of riding his sailboat.. So he did but there were some members that started complaining..little did they know who's son it was and so he fished. This came from a worker I know who watches over the place. Are u or were u a member Karl?

JB,

I've been a member since 1979. I was Commodore in 1992 and 1993. Sorry to hear about your bad experience out there! It's certainly the exception and not the rule!

The only complaints with fishing off the docks that I'm aware was when night security would let non-members fish off the docks at night. If they had just cleaned up behind themselves all would have been good. Once again the actions of a few ruin a good thing for others.

It always raises the hair on the back of my neck when I hear gross generalizations about people from someone with a chip on their shoulder.

Tightlines!

Last edited by Karl Dietz; 08/11/15 01:31 PM.

Karl Dietz
2015 BassCat Cougar/250 Mercury ProXS
2 HB Helix 12's

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Mulholland] #11034889 08/11/15 02:48 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: blacklab
As an Eagle Mountain Lake property owner & fisherman this will make this particular dock owner like fishermen that much more. Just because Dave had a confrontation with her let's all make it a point to go out of our way to do the same. That will teach her.

As a dock owner I have had issues with fishermen fishing my dock before. One did not think i should be able to fish off my dock even though I was on the dock fishing an hour before he showed up to fish my dock. Then there was the guy fishing the side of my dock that thought I should wait to come in from a morning of fishing myself & proceeded to cuss me out for putting my boat in my lift. Then there was the guy trying to crappie fish under my dock in a 20 mph wind from the south that let my dock poles be the stop for his boat. In the 20 years that I have lived on the lake most encounters with fishermen have been pleasant.

In 30 years of fishing Eagle Mountain I cannot remember any issues with other dock owners. If someone is on a dock I go to the next one.

All I am saying is nothing anyone does is going to change her attitude. If you happen to be fishing that area & she chooses to confront you move on or call the Game Warden, but don't be like her & and stoop to her level by harassing her.

Wrong. Doing nothing will do nothing to change her attitude. Reporting her to the GW enough times will change her tune. Make it inconvenient for her to be a heinous ladydog to random strangers and she might just stop. Also, eventually it'll stop being worth her time. You can only blindly rage out for so long before your body just forces you to stop.

You aren't stooping to her level by sitting there calmly fishing and ignoring her, or by calling the GW to handle her. By moving on whenever she confronts you, you are reinforcing her negative behavior with the reaction she wants. I can't help but assume or hope you don't have children if you think giving her what she wants when she throws a temper tantrum is the best solution... that's literally the worst thing you can do, because it empowers her and she will continue to behave in that manner and continue to escalate thinking she has power. That will literally only make matters worse.

If someone is fishing their dock, I won't bother to fish near them, same if they are on the bank, or parked in their boat. I am beyond courteous when it comes to sharing the water. Owning a dock doesn't mean you own the water, and the dock isn't there for her kids to swim off of either. They have roped off swimming areas for that, otherwise she can accept that it isn't 100% safe for them to swim in the public water. Owning a dock or shoreline property unfortunately does not give her the special privileges or power she thinks it does and she needs to learn that.

#MFGA
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Basshead21] #11034922 08/11/15 02:57 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Basshead21

Long Branch?

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11035027 08/11/15 03:38 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Doug clear some of your PM's... grin

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11035514 08/11/15 07:38 PM
armadillo joe Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
We had as neighbor here on Fork that was like that he didn't fish but thought he had control over the whole lake. Thank God this drunk moved.

Last edited by armadillo joe; 08/11/15 07:41 PM.
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11035546 08/11/15 07:49 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
The only sad part is how quick 90% of the members here would flip script about pleasureboaters near them fishing hahaha

I am nothing if not fair, and I don't ever complain about the pleasureboaters either, save for when we are out on my buddy's wakeboat with kids and the retarded drunk people on jetflea's will jump wake within inches of kids not realizing that a WAEBOAT flying flag to show people in water, with a rope hanging off the wake tower, has a skier in tow... I have run down a few of them and given them whats for after dropping the kids off on another boat. It's dangerous and idiotic, and takes 5min for the GW to pull up and arrest them for being drunk and almost mowing down kids like that. Regardless, they should keep a respectful distance form other watercraft. Cutting a lane perpendicular to my boat and crossing my wake within 20ft of me is stupid... I could see something in the water or have someone go overboard and shut down or cut around sharp and you'd be roadkill (lakekill?).

I try to be respectful of fishermen too, but end of the day I know a lot of times I'm fishing in highly recreational areas and they are as bothered by me as I am of them, so I have no real right to preferential treatment, we both have a right to the water and share it, so I am respectful and do so. Most people on here though... boy people eget hot headed over jetfleas and pleasureboats on the lake anywhere near "their" spot haha

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11035599 08/11/15 08:07 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
I don't have a problem with people on the water near "my spot", but I do have a problem with the notion that someone is driving around the lake in a boat whose ballasts they have filled with water so he can throw the most enormous wake possible. Does it ever cross his mind that the people he is pulling behind his boat aren't the only ones getting to "enjoy" the four foot high wall of water he is intentionally producing?

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Razorback] #11035655 08/11/15 08:20 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Razorback
I don't have a problem with people on the water near "my spot", but I do have a problem with the notion that someone is driving around the lake in a boat whose ballasts they have filled with water so he can throw the most enormous wake possible. Does it ever cross his mind that the people he is pulling behind his boat aren't the only ones getting to "enjoy" the four foot high wall of water he is intentionally producing?

We run with the ballast empty actually, but loaded with people it's plenty of weight still lol... that said, I honestly have more bass boats trying to swamp me than wake boats generally. Guys are VERY comfortable vaulting by very close on pad... wake boats are usually only much an issue when fishing the calmer waters out of the wind behind the dam/spillway at most lakes I frequent, witht he exception being around marinas which rent pleasureboats.... but those aren't actual boaters and are generally very hazardous people on the water regardless lol. I do really enjoy watching the shenanigans near those boat rental places sometimes though

End of the day, his wake may impact you but if you aren't in a no wake zone and he isn't unreasonably close to you, his wake is none of your business even if it rocks your boat. It's a lake, it has waves whether he makes them or not. Most nerve racking experience as a boater has to be bass tourney guys running on pad in blinding fog on Squaw though... that was beyond nuts! Had a boat end up treed like a raccoon that the faculty spent a lot of time assisting, what a way to ruin your day *Smh*

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Mulholland] #11035738 08/11/15 08:39 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: Razorback

We run with the ballast empty actually, but loaded with people it's plenty of weight still lol... that said, I honestly have more bass boats trying to swamp me than wake boats generally. Guys are VERY comfortable vaulting by very close on pad... wake boats are usually only much an issue when fishing the calmer waters out of the wind behind the dam/spillway at most lakes I frequent, witht he exception being around marinas which rent pleasureboats.... but those aren't actual boaters and are generally very hazardous people on the water regardless lol. I do really enjoy watching the shenanigans near those boat rental places sometimes though

End of the day, his wake may impact you but if you aren't in a no wake zone and he isn't unreasonably close to you, his wake is none of your business even if it rocks your boat. It's a lake, it has waves whether he makes them or not. Most nerve racking experience as a boater has to be bass tourney guys running on pad in blinding fog on Squaw though... that was beyond nuts! Had a boat end up treed like a raccoon that the faculty spent a lot of time assisting, what a way to ruin your day *Smh*

here is a direct quote from Texas State Law:

"It is UNLAWFUL for any person to:

2.Operate so as to cause a hazardous wake or wash"

#MFGA
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide