Forums59
Topics1,039,326
Posts13,962,866
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I made a bunch of jugs, how to adjust depth easily? [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #10828446 05/08/15 05:03 PM
M
Muzzlebrake Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
To each his own, I'm just telling you that you are wrong saying that a 20 lb cat will take a noodle jug and be gone. I'm not sure whether the gallon jug or the noodle is more bouyant I'm saying the noodle is more than bouyant enough and they are a much neater setup. The op posted a question about how to be able to shorten the lines on the jugs that he made, not anyones opinion on if he made the right kind of jugs or not. Just sayin.

I use the big noodles and they will tire out a 20 lb+ blue and 30 lb+ gar like right now. They may pull it under a couple of time and then head to shallow water so they can lay on the bottom and rest. I have no doubt the ones I make will catch blues over 35 lb. When I see a noodle stand up I just let it be for 1/2 hour or so. The fish don't even fight when I pull them up. As for line length, I mostly fish them shallow, 3 to 5 ft. If I need to go deeper I just replace the line with one longer before I hit the lake.
I usually already know where and how deep I intend to fish. With the lakes rising so fast I may have to change my method so I will stay tuned to this thread.

From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round...and He laughed and laughed and laughed!

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: I made a bunch of jugs, how to adjust depth easily? [Re: PondFishin] #10828459 05/08/15 05:11 PM
C
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
I just noticed the orange one. That one isn't legal, they can be any color BUT orange now.

2 Bedroom Lake house on CC for rent. P.M. me!
Re: I made a bunch of jugs, how to adjust depth easily? [Re: Muzzlebrake] #10829833 05/09/15 03:24 AM
A
ALLANGT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Muzzlebrake
Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
To each his own, I'm just telling you that you are wrong saying that a 20 lb cat will take a noodle jug and be gone. I'm not sure whether the gallon jug or the noodle is more bouyant I'm saying the noodle is more than bouyant enough and they are a much neater setup. The op posted a question about how to be able to shorten the lines on the jugs that he made, not anyones opinion on if he made the right kind of jugs or not. Just sayin.

I use the big noodles and they will tire out a 20 lb+ blue and 30 lb+ gar like right now. They may pull it under a couple of time and then head to shallow water so they can lay on the bottom and rest. I have no doubt the ones I make will catch blues over 35 lb. When I see a noodle stand up I just let it be for 1/2 hour or so. The fish don't even fight when I pull them up. As for line length, I mostly fish them shallow, 3 to 5 ft. If I need to go deeper I just replace the line with one longer before I hit the lake.
I usually already know where and how deep I intend to fish. With the lakes rising so fast I may have to change my method so I will stay tuned to this thread.

I like to just sit and watch them. As soon as that noodle pops we paddle over and the chase is on. It is a blast from the kayaks. cheers

Re: I made a bunch of jugs, how to adjust depth easily? [Re: PondFishin] #10830407 05/09/15 03:33 PM
T
TGalyon1 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Must be used with a valid GEAR TAG (see Definitions) attached within 6 inches of the free-floating device; gear tag is valid for 10 days after the date set out and must include the number of the permit to sell nongame fish taken from fresh water, if applicable. Properly marked buoys or floats qualify as valid gear tags.
For non-commercial purposes, a jugline must be marked with a free-floating device of any color other than orange.
For commercial purposes, a jugline must be marked with an orange, free-floating device.

I thought they had to be white until reading this.

Any way roll all the line up next to the float put 2 or 3 half hitches at the end of your pvc. If you allow the line to just float if you have execs it will be caught by the motor. By rolling the line by the float it will be easer to untie the line

Re: I made a bunch of jugs, how to adjust depth easily? [Re: PondFishin] #10831045 05/09/15 08:54 PM
H
HumanSeine Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Nice looking jug lines! I don't fish with jugs because my freezer is almost full from rod and reel fishing. To me reeling them in is more fun.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide