Forums59
Topics1,039,606
Posts13,967,479
Members144,210
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10754171 04/08/15 06:49 PM
R
RickS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
It would also be nice to see this season's show this year. A lot of shows are actually from the previous year. I would understand this might be more difficult. Yes I would love to actually learn something instead of just watching someone catch fish. I don't mind promoting their sponsors just want a higher level of education. There are so many ways to improve this.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10754359 04/08/15 08:00 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
This is an interesting discussion and I'm not trying to be flip here but managing a TV show involves a network, sponsors, talent, production team, weather, the fish and on and on. It is an expensive endeavor that is constantly in a state of flux. Not to mention in most cases the fish don't cooperate. There's a template of course and most producers follow the same process and methodology for delivery. The guys on here acting like it's such a simple process make me laugh. When your TV show airs please let me know so I can watch...

With that being said. Every producer wants teaching moments, they want authentic ways to integrate their sponsors into a show and above all else they want the content to be compelling. It all starts there. However, getting that to play out in every show is difficult to say the least.

Major League Fishing is an enormous and expensive production so comparing another show to that is ridiculous. You're seeing the result of a partnership between professional anglers and the Outdoor Channel and they've done a great job. You're watching something from last year that had countless productions hours and a major budget behind it.

It's easy to sit behind your keyboard and say I want an exciting real time fishing show, with no commercials, tons of education and lot's of hook sets... run out and make that happen and let me know how profitable and easy it is for you. I'm all ears.

Good dialogue regardless. We've tried to implement a lot of this with Honey Hole where possible. Thanks to those who've said kind words about the show. We're grinding to make it better.

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10754373 04/08/15 08:08 PM
E
Eric Gandy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
I miss Honey Hole.

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10754377 04/08/15 08:11 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Lol

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10754379 04/08/15 08:13 PM
TIM CLINE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I miss the Orlando Wilson Fishing Show!

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: TIM CLINE] #10754399 04/08/15 08:22 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by TIM CLINE
I miss the Orlando Wilson Fishing Show!

#MFGA
Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Mark Jones] #10754402 04/08/15 08:24 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
This is an interesting discussion and I'm not trying to be flip here but managing a TV show involves a network, sponsors, talent, production team, weather, the fish and on and on. It is an expensive endeavor that is constantly in a state of flux. Not to mention in most cases the fish don't cooperate. There's a template of course and most producers follow the same process and methodology for delivery. The guys on here acting like it's such a simple process make me laugh. When your TV show airs please let me know so I can watch...

With that being said. Every producer wants teaching moments, they want authentic ways to integrate their sponsors into a show and above all else they want the content to be compelling. It all starts there. However, getting that to play out in every show is difficult to say the least.

Major League Fishing is an enormous and expensive production so comparing another show to that is ridiculous. You're seeing the result of a partnership between professional anglers and the Outdoor Channel and they've done a great job. You're watching something from last year that had countless productions hours and a major budget behind it.

It's easy to sit behind your keyboard and say I want an exciting real time fishing show, with no commercials, tons of education and lot's of hook sets... run out and make that happen and let me know how profitable and easy it is for you. I'm all ears.

Good dialogue regardless. We've tried to implement a lot of this with Honey Hole where possible. Thanks to those who've said kind words about the show. We're grinding to make it better.

They do it with all other sports - rodeo, tennis, golf, bowling, volleyball, pool, etc without cheesy brand promotions. It can be done with fishing...the general consensus here is we like the shows. We would just like a little more education rather than catching...and a lot less plugging of lures & equipment within the show. That is unnecessary. No other industry has such blatant ads embedded within the show content.

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: YankHardReelFast] #10754425 04/08/15 08:37 PM
TIM CLINE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

They do it with all other sports - rodeo, tennis, golf, bowling, volleyball, pool, etc without cheesy brand promotions. It can be done with fishing...the general consensus here is we like the shows. We would just like a little more education rather than catching...and a lot less plugging of lures & equipment within the show. That is unnecessary. No other industry has such blatant ads embedded within the show content.

What do they do in "all" other sports?

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10754443 04/08/15 08:44 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Naked wimmins. Start with that.

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: TIM CLINE] #10754585 04/08/15 09:51 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: TIM CLINE
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

What do they do in "all" other sports?

They put together an entertaining show without having the "star(s)" constantly throwing in sponsor plugs.

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10755280 04/09/15 03:13 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Other sports can get past having to plug sponsor products because they usually also have a load of non endemic sponsors that simply want their brand seen. More people recognize UA, Nike, Reebok etc without having a need for them to be verbally mentioned. Most know the logos. Those products also appeal to people outside the spoirt.
In fishing related shows most outside of fishing don't know the difference between Strike King or Yamaha. Fishing is a niche sport. Most other sports are not.

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Mark Perry] #10755312 04/09/15 03:25 AM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Other sports can get past having to plug sponsor products because they usually also have a load of non endemic sponsors that simply want their brand seen. More people recognize UA, Nike, Reebok etc without having a need for them to be verbally mentioned. Most know the logos. Those products also appeal to people outside the spoirt.
In fishing related shows most outside of fishing don't know the difference between Strike King or Yamaha. Fishing is a niche sport. Most other sports are not.

Good points. I'll buy that. So we get tired of the shameless plugs but they really aren't directed at us...they are directed at the "outsider".

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10757941 04/10/15 11:11 AM
Big C Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Couldn't a well done show, both please the audience and get their "plugs" in without it being so ham handed?

BIG C

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10757987 04/10/15 12:01 PM
Drummond1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I just recently started watching Honey Hole but I have seen them all on youtube, some of them several times. I like the fact that I can actually learn something. Instead of catching fish all day long on the sponsored new lure, they will say... I have tried the squarebill, chatterbait and crankbait but the only thing I am getting bit on today is the Texas rigged worm... or something of that sort. I also like the way Bill Wilcox will say "I haven't had a bite in 4 hours", makes me realize it happens to the pro's too. I do go out of my way to try some of the people who sponsor his show (yeah, I even bought some Livingston lures), I am checking out Prorule now.

Re: How to Make a "Good" BASS FISHING SHOW. [Re: Big C] #10758337 04/10/15 02:56 PM
R
rxkid2001 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
"You can look over there and see the bank I'm fishing" as the camera guy remains focused solely on the host at all times, all decked out in sponsor apparel. Its either poor camera work or slavery to sponsors. I'd like to see the lure being worked, what the graph is really showing(no edits like on Bill Dance), show the area and what they're looking for, stop the lie of "I'm going out today and throwing Uncle Bill's new improved wooly hooker and solely the wooly hooker"(Timmy Horton is really bad at this one).

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide