Forums59
Topics1,039,325
Posts13,962,855
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What do you as bass anglers look for in a bass club? [Re: XPrezident] #10612412 02/12/15 03:55 AM
J
jcombsiv Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I am new to a local club, but we have the previous tournament top 3 say what baits, colors and presentations they used to catch their fish in our meetings. Also if they fished any other tournaments or are familiar with a lake that members are fishing a tournament on coming up we all share info as well. It's why I think I will be a member for a long time to come.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What do you as bass anglers look for in a bass club? [Re: XPrezident] #10612646 02/12/15 05:37 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I started to look for a club to join. I don't catch enough to fish tournaments, my schedule rotates so can't make most of them even if I could fish worth a darn.

I used to be a member of a corvette club. It was a social setting where we helped each other out and helped new people. Yes we had races and such but they weren't for money and really weren't against each other. They were against other clubs. That built some camraderie and made each other help out your teammates and we all learned from it.

My short search of bass clubs seemed to be that they were mainly organized so they would have a group of guys to pool their money and have tournaments. Nothing wrong with that, it just wasnt what I was looking for.

Maybe one day I will be a better fisherman and seek out those types of clubs.

Re: What do you as bass anglers look for in a bass club? [Re: Slide_R] #10614114 02/12/15 07:58 PM
E
etexbasser Offline
Angler
Angler
E
Originally Posted By: Slide_R
Respectfully disagree XPres - When a club becomes about the money it becomes no more than a glorified trail. There are clubs that pay nothing, maybe you get a trophy; but many anglers just like the competition and camaraderie and the money is really secondary. There are lots of club guys that for what ever reason will never or very rarely cash a check but stick with a club for a lifetime. If money equals participation then the only "members" will be those that know with some certainty that they will cash each tournament.

This. My club does not fish for money. We give out patches and an angler of the year plaque at the end of the season (and a dead fish plaque that you really don't won't to get), but we are about the fishing more than anything and commardire.

Don Chumley
If I ain't fishing, I ain't happy.
But mostly I'm happy.
I love being retired, the check is in the mail.
Mt. 6:33
Re: What do you as bass anglers look for in a bass club? [Re: etexbasser] #10616485 02/13/15 05:32 PM
TX Grizzly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: etexbasser
Originally Posted By: Slide_R
Respectfully disagree XPres - When a club becomes about the money it becomes no more than a glorified trail. There are clubs that pay nothing, maybe you get a trophy; but many anglers just like the competition and camaraderie and the money is really secondary. There are lots of club guys that for what ever reason will never or very rarely cash a check but stick with a club for a lifetime. If money equals participation then the only "members" will be those that know with some certainty that they will cash each tournament.

This. My club does not fish for money. We give out patches and an angler of the year plaque at the end of the season (and a dead fish plaque that you really don't won't to get), but we are about the fishing more than anything and commardire.

ETEX,
i like the idea of the dead fish plaque at the end of the year... was that for lowest qualifier after so many tourneys?

Bill
Re: What do you as bass anglers look for in a bass club? [Re: XPrezident] #10617400 02/14/15 01:09 AM
Pinkus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: XPrezident
So guys what would you pay for entry fees for Club team event? Including BB
1. $100
2. $80
3. $60
4. $50

What about lakes?
1. All bigger lakes
2. All smaller lakes
3. Good mixture small and big

I would pay 80 to a 100 for a good ran tourney. That's cheap enough for us weekend anglers but enough to where if u Win you come home with something. I would prefer a mixture of large and small lakes. Depending size of club/field. A lot of great smaller lakes in east tx. And negative on meetings. I work nights and work 60hrs a week and don't want to be penalized for not attending.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide