Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Truth about the Hubbard Gang #10260541 09/05/14 01:52 AM
BlueTuna Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Reading Ryno's post earlier I was going to warn him about the Hubbard Gang and thought I would post a new thread on it instead of hijacking his. This section of TFF is a very cool and special user group, more than that our Hubbard Gang is . . . . well it's just hard to describe, but here goes. Without a doubt some of the best guys you will every meet are the Hubbard guys. We have fun, we share info and we fish on top of one another, smack up next to one another, we like it and sometimes we even prefer it. I remember two years ago one Saturday Spring afternoon me and my boat full pulled up off Chalky Point down by Red Barn. There must have been 10 boats all pointing in on about 10 ' square feet of water. The catching was fierce and there was no place for us to slip in to cast to the sweet spot. The next thing I know Yaffee moves his boat a little left and Doc moves right and says Blue get on in here. We did and we caught fish. We have a guy who may break out his bull horn and direct boat traffic or do an impromptu. DJ gig with no warning whatsoever. We have guys who will pray for you or with you or inspite of you. Somebody always has a problem and there is always a group of guys there to support whatever it is. We have a very diverse group of guys and somebody always has an answer for whatever it is that is begging the question. We all know each other a mile away by looking at the profile of the boat, or hearing someone breakout in a laugh and everyone knows Keith is having a good time? No one ever has to sit home because their boat is broke or they don't have boat gas money. There is always an open seat. There is no boat envy among us except when it comes to Gene's new ride, my new gadget or Roy's flying boat. We have an incredible. Resident guide, a master bait builder, a few pastors, your average run of the mill sinners and a smattering of saints. We even have a V.I.P. On a really fun day we have a master sandwich builder who delivers lunch in his Sea Pro while everyone continues to chunk and wind. One thing we have too much of is all of the theories for the odd fishing season that has laid siege to our dear lake. It seems like Our Grand Lake RAY Hubbard has undergone gender reassignment and is now more often being referred to as an old cranky woman called Mother Hubbard. I think Fishboy is to blame for that. It's the extreme weather, low lake level and aliens that catch hybrids up in the north country of Hubbard that has brought all this strangeness upon us. I will wind my kind rant down by saying we have a lot of good fishermen in the Hubbard Gang, even better men. You would not even believe if we pointed out our infamous Lady's Man or his offspring the renowned Dr. Whiplash, which I still cannot explain to my wife. Oh yeah we do put our money where our mouth's are, thanks to all who supports RHSA. And now the one question you may have, How can I be apart of that crazy group of guys called the Hubbard Gang? Come play, fish and laugh with us. Please don't get bent out of shape when we all crowd in on the same 2 square foot of water to fish, but you must obey our rules of when to use the big motor or the little motor when in close proximity to one another. And it is a good idea if you would learn the rules for thumping, when, where and how many can do it at the same time when in close proximity to one another. If you have any questions about thumping ask JV that is what we pay him for. Oh Hubbard Gang, I know I have left out some other important truths about all of this, right?

Last edited by BlueTuna; 09/05/14 02:29 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10260597 09/05/14 02:15 AM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
very good read there!

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10260667 09/05/14 02:51 AM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Terry that's a home run, a touchdown, a three point shot, and a hole in one combined together right there. I told a buddy last year that it is an amazing thing to befriend so many great guys at this stage of my life. Now I want to brag on Terry here. Terry is a PHD, was a minister for 25-years and runs his own very successful aviation business. He is one of the most giving men I've ever met. He does more for his family in a year than most do in a lifetime. Terry and several of us also live in Lakeside Village. So we are not only fishing buddies, we are neighbors. This is how it usually works between us. Terry and his son Matt popped in my head this morning. So I shot him a text to see how he and Matt were doing. Terry's son Matt is ill right now. Personally I've run a Prayer List and written Daily Devotionals for 30+ years. We truly do lean on and pray for one another. In Christ no man goes it alone. One recent example of these men. Many of us went to Lake Cooper recently to celebrate Ray's birthday. It was one of the best weekends one could ever hope to have. It's no accident we've all come to know each other. It's much bigger than that. The RHSA club is yet another example of our unity of purpose. We are all truly blessed to know one another. Amen!

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10260682 09/05/14 02:59 AM
Dennis Christian Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Thanks for the description. The ones I know certainly have made me feel welcome at the white bass tournament the last few years.

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10260718 09/05/14 03:16 AM
D
DrWhiplash Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Nailed it Blue!!! Got nothing to add cheers That's the way we Roll.....

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10260757 09/05/14 03:39 AM
M
MtnDew Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Awesome post ..

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10260925 09/05/14 06:21 AM
Y
Yaffe (Jeff) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Y
Great read Terry

Only gang I know of that will let you join without having to do anything. All you have to do is enjoy fishing!!

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10261051 09/05/14 12:17 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Great Wikipedia of the Hubbard gang, Blue! cheers
Looking back, I got my first boat and then found TFF exactly a decade ago while browsing the sports section of the Dallas Morning news. I was a shy and timid dude at first but after reading and seeing so many good folks on TFF I decided to join the fun and I am so Glad I did! It's a fun new world that I found myself in and loving it. A "dark side" world full of fishing addicts who truly enjoy the sport, who look out and help one another, and all that because the little fishies smile cheers

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10261069 09/05/14 12:31 PM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Amen blue! I have only been a part of it for a year or two now but I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to have fun, learn, and fish with. I look forward to the decades to come....unless theme dries up hmmm

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10261133 09/05/14 01:11 PM
V
VIP Fishing Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
V
Cool post Tuna! Enjoyed reading it! Enough can't be said about The Hubbard Gang
Great people, big hearts, helpful attitudes and great fishermen!

Originally Posted by Derek
I do enjoy a good Squirt now and then.
Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10261332 09/05/14 02:50 PM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I'll be out Saturday morning bright and early until 10:30 or so.....if any body else will...

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10261591 09/05/14 05:16 PM
CHAMPION FISH Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
That is a great read Terry and pretty much nails it on the head as far as the Hubbard gang is. I have had friends with me fishing from other lakes and when we get in close quarters to each other they are amazed that no one is screaming at the top of their lungs at us.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10261662 09/05/14 06:03 PM
PlanoKeith Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
In the year 2009 i finally got my first ever boat and it happened to be the Triton in my sig. I have always been on the bank before that. So I was excited to be able to get on the lake. I didn't know anyone or how to fish on the lake but I kept reading and watching and learned how to at least catch a couple. Then one day i was out on Hubbard and ran into this guy who had a funny sounding last name and and also a father son team who actually talked to me. I was happy. I guess this is when i joined the group. Those guys are considered some of my closest friends i have ever met. ( Fishboy Frank, Dr whiplash Terry and his Dad ladies man Ray.. ) From these guys i have met a whole slew of great people in the hubbard gang. So I feel really blessed to be accepted and it all started by having the guts to troll over by these three guys and say hello. Blue tuna Terry your write up is one of the best i have ever read. Thanks . smile

Last edited by PlanoKeith; 09/05/14 06:03 PM.

Keith smile

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10261674 09/05/14 06:07 PM
D
Duece Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
Good post, good group.

Re: The Truth about the Hubbard Gang [Re: BlueTuna] #10261705 09/05/14 06:24 PM
CHAMPION FISH Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
We also have a couple of tournaments every year. These are good old boy type tournaments and families are encouraged to fish them. There are dock breakfasts that are put on during the year also. Both of these events are great meeting venues to get to know people and connect yourself and share phone numbers.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide