I use electric for scaled fish but not on the cats. I have a pair of the Mister Twisters and have used them for years. I have two because they do get a little hot on marathon fish cleanings. I live on the Trinity and catches of 50 to a 100 white bass in a day is not unusual when they are running. I'm using the same blades that I have had for years and years and the same two old motorized knives. It goes through rib bones and even back bones if you aren't careful with ease. I can filet three or four fish a minute once I get going.

Just for information, It is super easy to sharpen electric knife blades or any serrated knife blade. You need a round stone. I use a diamond one that has a hook hone on one end and the other end is a round taper. They have a blue tube type handle and are at Wally World even. You only stroke the one side that is dished out. Don't mess with the flat side at all except maybe a little brush off with a flat stone if you need to dress it a little. All that you are doing is touching up the points so it is a fast job.

You know that old saying "Some people march to the beat of a different drummer."? I don't listen to a drum at all and have meandered through life instead of marching.