Texas Fishing Forum

Scale Certification??

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Scale Certification?? - 11/30/17 05:36 PM

Where can I get my new Whisker Seeker scale certified?? I live in north DFW. texas
Posted By: Monkeypuncher

Re: Scale Certification?? - 11/30/17 05:58 PM

Do you just want to see how accurate it is, or certified for lake records?

Re: Scale Certification?? - 11/30/17 06:05 PM

Lake records Amigo
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Scale Certification?? - 11/30/17 06:31 PM

I seem to remember you could ship them to a place in Austin to have it certified...but I'll be danged if I can find the name of the place. There was a post here in the forum as well quite a while back, but can't find it either.
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Scale Certification?? - 11/30/17 07:08 PM

At 2:20 you can pause this video... information and address is at the bottom of certification form... my scale info is there too and get you a weigh slingy... roflmao cheers

Re: Scale Certification?? - 11/30/17 07:16 PM

Gotta love TFF bros cheers
I appreciate it fellers! fish
Posted By: Lewisville Catfishing

Re: Scale Certification?? - 11/30/17 07:31 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11980128/Getting_a_Scale_Certified_with
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Scale Certification?? - 11/30/17 10:36 PM

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 12:51 AM

I think to be truly certified for lake records, you must send it to the IGFA The good news is, you can have it certified after you catch that record breaker.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Monkeypuncher
I think to be truly certified for lake records, you must send it to the IGFA The good news is, you can have it certified after you catch that record breaker.

Negative. I have about 20 lake records out of my boat and the scales were all were certified by Gary Kincaid Scale.
Posted By: Spud--Cattin Around Adventures

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 04:24 AM

Bastrop scales just outside Austin.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 10:55 AM

Most companies that sell scales can and do certify them.
I've been using Double D Scale Co
Ben Wheeler, TX
903-593-2051

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

Negative. I have about 20 lake records out of my boat and the scales were all were certified by Gary Kincaid Scale.

He was asking about certifying his scale, not where to find a certified scale.

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 12:02 PM

Fish must be weighed on certified or legal-for-trade scales within 3 days of the catch date. Certified scales are scales (either electronic or spring-based) that have been, on an annual basis, certified as accurate by a Texas Department of Agriculture Licensed Service Provider or the International Game Fish Association.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 01:43 PM

Any commissioned or authorized scale company can certify a scale. And, any scale that can stay in the tolerance can also be certified.

Heck... even a $7 Walmart scale can be certified if it can stay in tolerance.

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn
Any commissioned or authorized scale company can certify a scale. And, any scale that can stay in the tolerance can also be certified.

Heck... even a $7 Walmart scale can be certified if it can stay in tolerance.

Yes, and I told him who can certify the scale for him. If you know of any others by name, I'm sure we'd all like to know.
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 06:14 PM

Uhm Amigo! He said he had his scale certified by Gary Kincaid Scale hmmm
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 07:07 PM

Make sure to weigh your new record on LAND lol.

Good luck man!
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 07:26 PM

troll

I mail mine to Kincaid Scales with return postage in the box and they certify it and mail it back free of charge. Then you send their certification in to TPWD and it is good for 2 years. I used to get mine certified every year until TPWD told me they are good for 2.

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/01/17 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Magged Out

Uhm Amigo! He said he had his scale certified by Gary Kincaid Scale hmmm

Oh man, I misread it to mean he took the catches to Kincaid. Sorry about that.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/02/17 03:06 AM

Where ever you decide to have your scale calibrated make sure the company is licensed. Also make sure you have your scale calibrated once a year and send a copy of the calibration certificate to Ron Smith,Texas Parks&Wildlife,Angler Recognition Awards Program. thumb
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/02/17 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Where ever you decide to have your scale calibrated make sure the company is licensed. Also make sure you have your scale calibrated once a year and send a copy of the calibration certificate to Ron Smith,Texas Parks&Wildlife,Angler Recognition Awards Program. thumb

^^^^

Man has like 295 State Records flehan and a World Record
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/02/17 10:51 AM

I do believe scale certification is good for 2 years unless things have changed at TPWD. I've never had to send my certification/or copy in just list it with the company name and date of calibration on record applications. This was when Jody Gray was head of the program. I'm not disputing what has been said just giving my experience on the few records I've applied for.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/02/17 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide
I do believe scale certification is good for 2 years unless things have changed at TPWD. I've never had to send my certification/or copy in just list it with the company name and date of calibration on record applications. This was when Jody Gray was head of the program. I'm not disputing what has been said just giving my experience on the few records I've applied for.

It was two years under Jody Gray's watch but TPW changed it to one year. As for sending your certificate to TPW I should have clarified that certificates are kept on file with TPW if your scale is registered as a certified weigh station with TPW! thumb
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/02/17 12:56 PM

EL GATO looks like you are getting ready for that big boy!!!hope you catch'um soon!!!!!!!!! thumb
Posted By: GetSlimed

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/03/17 03:11 AM

QualScale in Fort Worth.
Posted By: GetSlimed

Re: Scale Certification?? - 12/03/17 03:13 AM

Typo...

QualCal Scale in Fort Worth.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum