Page 1 of 2 1 2
lake Ravin #9883094 04/05/14 12:34 AM
J
J Rankin Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
anyone been lately..going in morning if anyone can help with some good areas.. thanks

99 skeeter 202c w/ yam vmax 200
My Sponsors

www.BassBoatSeats.com
www.TheRodGlove.com "Pro Staff"
www.Foragelures.com "Pro Staff"
www.doubledavespizza.com
Impulse Rods "pro staff"
Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9895818 04/10/14 01:25 AM
S
Shane_West Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
I've never had much luck on Raven....supposedly there are several good sized bass in there, but I just saw a bunch of big gators. It also irks me that you cant get on the water early. You have to wait until they open the gates.

Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9897439 04/10/14 05:34 PM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
As far as the gate being open, there really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when they have them open or closed. I've shown up at 5am and cruised right through and I've shown up at 8 and the gates are locked. There are some really good fish in the lake but, IMO, it's one of the most idiosyncratic bodies of water around. I've fished it dozens of times over the years and know the lake really well and it's not unusual for me to draw a blank. I think the only reason I like fishing it is that it is totally unpredictable from day to day.

BIG C

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9901560 04/12/14 02:54 AM
tsig2012 Offline
Angler
Angler
for big gators they really enjoy a spro frog however use you old ones cause your not gonna get it back lol

Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9901624 04/12/14 03:13 AM
M
Mike2718 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Raven has some big fish in it. One day my wife caught 2 five pounders & a six pounder. She showed me how it was done that day. The following weekend I caught a 5 pounder & my wife caught 3 three pounders. The next weekend I took my nephew & we caught a few but nothing really big but I saw a guy catch a really big one while he was perch fishing. He didn't have a scale or camera with him, so I weighed it & took some photos for him. That fish weighed over 7 pounds & he said it was the biggest bass he ever caught. We got to talking & it turns out he used to work with my brother & actually had met my nephew when he was a little boy. He's 22 now & not little anymore. I have also been skunked there many times. I was going to go in the morning but decided I didn't feel like fighting the wind all day. You can actually get in early if you want. You can call the day before & purchase the combination to the lock. They call it an "unlock code". If I remember it cost $10. If I remember correctly, you have to call by Fri, if you want to get in early Sat or Sun. You also have to call the actual park & not the main number. 936-295-5644
Good Luck,
Mike

Have a Blessed Day,
Mike
Re: lake Ravin [Re: Mike2718] #9902841 04/12/14 10:15 PM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Mike2718
Raven has some big fish in it. One day my wife caught 2 five pounders & a six pounder. She showed me how it was done that day. The following weekend I caught a 5 pounder & my wife caught 3 three pounders. The next weekend I took my nephew & we caught a few but nothing really big but I saw a guy catch a really big one while he was perch fishing. He didn't have a scale or camera with him, so I weighed it & took some photos for him. That fish weighed over 7 pounds & he said it was the biggest bass he ever caught. We got to talking & it turns out he used to work with my brother & actually had met my nephew when he was a little boy. He's 22 now & not little anymore. I have also been skunked there many times. I was going to go in the morning but decided I didn't feel like fighting the wind all day. You can actually get in early if you want. You can call the day before & purchase the combination to the lock. They call it an "unlock code". If I remember it cost $10. If I remember correctly, you have to call by Fri, if you want to get in early Sat or Sun. You also have to call the actual park & not the main number. 936-295-5644
Good Luck,
Mike

THanks Mike. Good info. to know.

BIG C

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9902847 04/12/14 10:17 PM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Yep. This thread shows a good amount of bass in the lake. Sure doesn't mean you won't get skunked at times though.

Raven Shocking Survey

Last edited by Big C; 04/12/14 10:19 PM.

BIG C

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9911113 04/16/14 01:40 AM
J
J Rankin Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Baits and areas ? Never been with my boat?

My Sponsors

www.BassBoatSeats.com
www.doubledavespizza.com
Impulse Rods "pro staff"
Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9911370 04/16/14 02:57 AM
L
Lil joe Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Originally Posted By: J Rankin
Baits and areas ? Never been with my boat?

Last time I went, I fished all over and didn't catch anything until I fished the small cove almost straight across from the boat ramp, it's a little to your right if you head straight out from the boat ramp. Caught 7 or 8 the last hour before dark. Had a good one come unbuttoned. Junebug trick worm- wacky

Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9914105 04/17/14 02:02 AM
J
J Rankin Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Thanks for the info. We are camping there may 2-4..

My Sponsors

www.BassBoatSeats.com
www.doubledavespizza.com
Impulse Rods "pro staff"
Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9915246 04/17/14 03:11 PM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
The baits really vary from the time of the year/conditions/etc. Chrome black/blue backed RatlTraps are always a good bet. I use anywhere from 1/2 oz down to the 1/8th ounce teeny traps. Black/blue jigs and black/blue worms are always a winner. If your bed fishing, something in a white or pink work well. Spinnerbaits are always popular. There's a ton of fish right around the boat launch area. Bass will bed along the damn area as well and tends to get less pressure than some of the areas. From the area around where they have the boat rentals and that finger that it's on is a good area to try. I will also drag a Carolina rig around with me. I usually use a 10" worm for that with Linde sinkers and a bullet weight that is a floating type. Some times dynamite is not even productive.

BIG C

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: lake Ravin [Re: Big C] #9920995 04/20/14 12:56 AM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Big C
The baits really vary from the time of the year/conditions/etc. Chrome black/blue backed RatlTraps are always a good bet. I use anywhere from 1/2 oz down to the 1/8th ounce teeny traps. Black/blue jigs and black/blue worms are always a winner. If your bed fishing, something in a white or pink work well. Spinnerbaits are always popular. There's a ton of fish right around the boat launch area. Bass will bed along the damn area as well and tends to get less pressure than some of the areas. From the area around where they have the boat rentals and that finger that it's on is a good area to try. I will also drag a Carolina rig around with me. I usually use a 10" worm for that with Linde sinkers and a bullet weight that is a floating type. Some times dynamite is not even productive.

So your saying throw the tackle box at them? And then dynamite? Haha

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: lake Ravin [Re: ChanceHuiet] #9921210 04/20/14 02:45 AM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
Originally Posted By: Big C

So your saying throw the tackle box at them? And then dynamite? Haha

Unless you have some access to electricity generating equipment.

BIG C

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: lake Ravin [Re: J Rankin] #9924747 04/21/14 07:15 PM
M
Mike2718 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Had a good day of fishing Saturday until this happened on the way home. I found out the tire rolled across 4 lanes of traffic jumped over the concrete barrier then across the 4 opposite lanes then dropped 20 feet down onto the feeder road. I guess the people on the feeder thought " the sky is falling, the sky is falling". I thank God it didn't cause a wreck or no one was hurt. My wife wants a new boat now with a tandem trailer. I better act fast before she just wants a tandem trailer. Better do what the Boss says. To top things off, she also out fished me. She had 2 in the boat before i could get the trolling motor down & my lure in the water. Even worse, she took a 50 minute nap. Update to my previous post, unlock code is $2 & not $10.
Good Luck & Safe Fishing,
Mike

Have a Blessed Day,
Mike
Re: lake Ravin [Re: Mike2718] #9931775 04/24/14 01:18 AM
R
Rayzor Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: Mike2718
Had a good day of fishing Saturday until this happened on the way home. I found out the tire rolled across 4 lanes of traffic jumped over the concrete barrier then across the 4 opposite lanes then dropped 20 feet down onto the feeder road. I guess the people on the feeder thought " the sky is falling, the sky is falling". I thank God it didn't cause a wreck or no one was hurt. My wife wants a new boat now with a tandem trailer. I better act fast before she just wants a tandem trailer. Better do what the Boss says. To top things off, she also out fished me. She had 2 in the boat before i could get the trolling motor down & my lure in the water. Even worse, she took a 50 minute nap. Update to my previous post, unlock code is $2 & not $10.
Good Luck & Safe Fishing,
Mike

Sorry about the tire/wheel trouble. We've all been there. Did it mess up the spindle?

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide