Forums59
Topics1,039,393
Posts13,963,835
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick #9304783 09/11/13 03:06 AM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
http://www.bbcboards.net/bbc-lounge/409811-bfl-tournament-pickwick.html

Hopefully someone has notified the alleged tournament organization and they are looking into it. If not its gonna be a big time PR hit.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9304823 09/11/13 03:26 AM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
That a boy Joey give them a hard time.

I bet they got a bad batch of release chemical of some kind.

I saw a tournament directer fill up the holding tanks with city water once and killed all of them.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9304896 09/11/13 04:02 AM
J
jmj201 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I am not saying that post is untrue because i do believe lots of fish died.

But watch the weigh in video, they were not weighed in trash bags lika a person posted. And someone said they waived the dead fish penalty, i highly doubt that. I will search it now.

I have fished FLW events where you have to drive 45 minutes to a convention center and will say this, they did everything they could for fish care. Thay had ice and rejuvenade for everyone at the ramp.

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: jmj201] #9304904 09/11/13 04:06 AM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: jmj201
I am not saying that post is untrue because i do believe lots of fish died.

But watch the weigh in video, they were not weighed in trash bags lika a person posted. And someone said they waived the dead fish penalty, i highly doubt that. I will search it now.

I have fished FLW events where you have to drive 45 minutes to a convention center and will say this, they did everything they could for fish care. Thay had ice and rejuvenade for everyone at the ramp.

It for sure has some out of the norm accusations. That is why they need to step in and look into it. One way or the other it needs to be addressed. Hopefully it turns out to be less sever than reported.

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9304929 09/11/13 04:16 AM
TexBbq Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
My cousin fishes that trail out of Memphis. I will call him tomorrow and see if he knows what's up.

214-783-8701
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9304938 09/11/13 04:25 AM
J
jmj201 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I personally feel FLW does a great job. I feel that every tournament organization should continue to improve fish care.

Now with that being said I do think they need to train someone to fiz bass or go about another route of helping fish caught deep.

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9305114 09/11/13 11:48 AM
T
txhorsedoctor Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
If a fish needs fizzed it should be done long before weigh in.

Life is short.
Do what you like, like what you do.

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Donald Harper] #9305129 09/11/13 11:59 AM
P
papamark Offline
Mini Tractor
Mini Tractor
P
Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
That a boy Joey give them a hard time.

I bet they got a bad batch of release chemical of some kind.

I saw a tournament directer fill up the holding tanks with city water once and killed all of them.

I know that the FLW/BFL don't use SureLife products, but that other stuff since they are a sponsor,

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9305154 09/11/13 12:14 PM
J
Joey Watts Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
I am not gonna get into a lot of details about this as enough has already been posted. Can promise you though that well over 100 fish were killed in this event. Lot's of blame to place in a lot of places. You can read what's been said in the link that Mark posted and draw your own conclusions as to what happened. Their are posts in there from people that fished this event and my information came from those same people. There were several people that made it to the 2nd day that are very good friends and customers of mine. That is where my information comes from. Yes, they used Garbage Bags to weigh in fish the first day. On the second day, those fish were kept in live wells and holding tanks for well over 12 hours so they could have their little weigh in at a Walmart. Just about all those fish on the second day were DEAD by the time they made it back to the lake. Who's to blame, like I said above. You draw your own conclusions.

Thanks

Joey Watts
Flatlands Custom Tackle
5413 Marshall County Line Road
Byhalia, MIssissippi 38611
flatlands247@aol.com
662-838-3526
www.flatlandscustomtackle.com
Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9305234 09/11/13 01:03 PM
F
fishmagnet Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
IBTL

[Linked Image]

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9305256 09/11/13 01:10 PM
J
Jeezy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Bad deal.

โ€œThe more you know about Donald Trump, the less likely you are to vote for him. The more you know about his business enterprises, the less successful he looks. The more you know about his political giving, the less Republican he looks.โ€ - Lindsey Graham, 2016
Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9305266 09/11/13 01:15 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Remote weigh in for publicity= bad! Rejuvenade= bad.

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Joey Watts] #9305393 09/11/13 01:56 PM
RCarter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Joey Watts
I am not gonna get into a lot of details about this as enough has already been posted. Can promise you though that well over 100 fish were killed in this event. Lot's of blame to place in a lot of places. You can read what's been said in the link that Mark posted and draw your own conclusions as to what happened. Their are posts in there from people that fished this event and my information came from those same people. There were several people that made it to the 2nd day that are very good friends and customers of mine. That is where my information comes from. Yes, they used Garbage Bags to weigh in fish the first day. On the second day, those fish were kept in live wells and holding tanks for well over 12 hours so they could have their little weigh in at a Walmart. Just about all those fish on the second day were DEAD by the time they made it back to the lake. Who's to blame, like I said above. You draw your own conclusions.

Thanks

+1

WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!

GOD is Great...BEER is Good...and PEOPLE are CrAZy
billy currington
Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: Mark Perry] #9305447 09/11/13 02:13 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
The blame for this kind of stuff lays at the feet of the agencies trusted with maintaining the resources. In Texas that would be tpwd, in the state this occurred in it is their agency. They ignore this stuff and leave it up to tournament organizations to manage and every year you get this over and over. Permits should be required to hold tourneys, there should be requirements for holding tanks and off site weigh in plans should be approved. Facilities should be inspected by official prior to events. There is a value to these resources, I have never seen another situation quite like it where business gets a free ride on the back of public resources. The up side to this is it would thin the herd a little and the organizations who will in est and do it right will grow and the guys who show up with laundry baskets and a folding table will go away. It would improve the state of tournaments and help protect the resource at the same time.

Re: Looks like LOTS of fish killed in tournament on PIckwick [Re: WAWI] #9305489 09/11/13 02:23 PM
D
Dale Gribble Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
The blame for this kind of stuff lays at the feet of the agencies trusted with maintaining the resources. In Texas that would be tpwd, in the state this occurred in it is their agency. They ignore this stuff and leave it up to tournament organizations to manage and every year you get this over and over. Permits should be required to hold tourneys, there should be requirements for holding tanks and off site weigh in plans should be approved. Facilities should be inspected by official prior to events. There is a value to these resources, I have never seen another situation quite like it where business gets a free ride on the back of public resources. The up side to this is it would thin the herd a little and the organizations who will in est and do it right will grow and the guys who show up with laundry baskets and a folding table will go away. It would improve the state of tournaments and help protect the resource at the same time.

I respectfully disagree with more regulation needed, as a taxpayer I am fine with tournaments getting a "free" ride using my resources. This country is already over governmented and over legislated. Oversight by enforcing the rules in place is fine (waste fo gamefish laws) if not kept correctly and donated. I hate the remote weigh ins for the good of the "show" over the health of the fish along with anyone else. I will also add that while I completely hate that this happened that some 100 fish died or may have died that is a tiny number of what gets taken illegally by overloaded boats of non life jacket wearing "visitors" or bank fisherman that keep everything that swims and NEVER ever get check by a game warden. I'd gladly trade those 100 fish here in Texas for more enforcement across the board on the above mentioned group.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide