Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9178620 07/30/13 02:07 PM
O
opus Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted By: catfisher88
Originally Posted By: G Love
Hold on a min.. So you paid this dude 15 g's for that hull? You went up there to pick up what you thought was your boat, which you've already paid 15 THOUSAND dollars of- and that was sitting there. And you said what to the guy? And his reply was?????? I wanna know more about this particular situation for it to make sense lol

There is much much more to this but I have to be careful what is said. There are lawsuits that are underway that I am not involved with.
So you took that (boat)and that's it as far as your concerned ?(that's what Im getting out of your answers. What does lawsuits have to do with YOU tellin YOUR story since your NOT suing ? Is there some sort of gag order ?

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: opus] #9179563 07/30/13 05:56 PM
C
catfisher88 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: opus
Originally Posted By: catfisher88
Originally Posted By: G Love
Hold on a min.. So you paid this dude 15 g's for that hull? You went up there to pick up what you thought was your boat, which you've already paid 15 THOUSAND dollars of- and that was sitting there. And you said what to the guy? And his reply was?????? I wanna know more about this particular situation for it to make sense lol

There is much much more to this but I have to be careful what is said. There are lawsuits that are underway that I am not involved with.
So you took that (boat)and that's it as far as your concerned ?(that's what Im getting out of your answers. What does lawsuits have to do with YOU tellin YOUR story since your NOT suing ? Is there some sort of gag order ?

you are absolutely correct, I will get all of my thanks and aims to gether and put together post I should have started with the first place

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9181872 07/31/13 07:32 AM
C
Catfish-hunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
BrianTx01 knows the books,he probably sent you a PM.I'd trust his judgment. That is crazy dude! Harder and harder to find honest people nowadays.

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9183981 07/31/13 10:02 PM
C
catfisher88 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Okay, this should clear some questions that you guys have had and good questions at that.
On July 1st 2012 I signed a contract with Donny Worthington of southern style custom boats in Hendrix OK. at Harold Speeds shop. He required $15000 down and the balance partial due when motor was ordered and final payment at delivery. I used a truck and cash for my down payment that they came to Texas to pick up. As time went on and things started to not look right, no pictures were being sent, conflicting stories and so forth, I began to do DEEP research. I found out that he had filed for bankruptcy in March of 2012 and there were several people that had not received there boats from Donny. After talking to Bryan County Sheriff s office I new I was being had. After confronting Donny with all I knew he assured me that he was building my boat but still no pictures.
He was supposed to be building another boat for James Tucker (fish haulers guide service) at the same time. So after countless attempts to get pictures and telling James that his boat was going to be delivered and Donny never showing with it he invited me up in October to see it. When I arrived there was only one boat there at Harold's shop that matched our boats description. When asked where James's' boat was he said getting the motor put on in Tulsa......?
By now we know we are being taken and attorneys were contacted. I personally could not afford an attorney so I was doing whatever I could to just get the boat, Donny broke off almost all contact but when I did get to text with him he promised the boat time and time again but nothing. Keeping in touch with some locals up there I was able to know when and where things were taking place. Donny refused to let me have the hull. The sheriff's office refused to help, it a civil mater they said. FBI seemed uninterested, DPS helped a little with info. When Donny finally had his fill of me calling and texting every five minutes he told me to come get the hull. I confirmed with DPS and Harold and went to go get it, Donny was no where to be seen.
So there it is, not in full detail but it may clear some of the questions. If not ask me for spesifics and I will try to answer. By no means is this over Nor have I given up, I call Bryan county on a daily basis as well as the FBI on a weekly basis. I will not let it go yet. If there is someone that might be able to help, I've called them.
This post is just a tool so the next person that searches The names of these people, they may have more info. than we did.
By the way, the week I went to get the hull Donny was trying to sell it to someone else and the DPS assisted Bryan county in a raid to seize property at Harold's shop. I did what I had to do to get something out of this deal.

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9184172 07/31/13 10:54 PM
C
Catfish-hunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Your a bigger man.Sorry, that is just beyond wrong! You just don't screw people like that!

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: Catfish-hunter] #9184546 08/01/13 12:37 AM
C
catfisher88 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: catfish-hunter
Your a bigger man.Sorry, that is just beyond wrong! You just don't screw people like that!

if it was not for the fact that I have a good job a good loving wife and a beautiful little daughter to take care of,I would have put into this a long time ago. But you cant take care of your family from behind bars

Last edited by catfisher88; 08/01/13 02:46 AM.
Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9188345 08/02/13 02:07 AM
C
catfisher88 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
After a talk with Sheriff Golden of Bryan county Oklahoma, there may be hope for all the victims. Let's keep the ball rolling.

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9191802 08/03/13 03:28 AM
M
ma=mg Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Well folks its not as clear cut as you think. If u refuse the boat they can charge storage. If you take the boat its a civil matter or so law enforcement says. Civil court above 500 dollars will run you about 30k. So folks give up because they lost 15k and then have to spend another 30k to get back fifteen. Then its just a judgment good luck collecting. This is well beyond a deal gone bad, I too have been beat out of over 20 thousand of a 32500.00 paid in full to Donny Worthington at 635 carpenters bluff Hendrix Oklahoma. He shares a shop with his father in law Harold Speed of silver dollar boats. Both filed bankruptcy and walked away and started over. Before doing any business with these guys contact Bryan county district court records for those two names and check their history. its free public information 580-924-1446.
I received a partial boat also after driving 1100 miles from Florida to pick up my boat which I was told was ready for delivery. I had to use a Bryan county detective to help me get mine. I was told take what you can get and go . You would think that with the multitude of people that have been taken of their money law enforcement would act. Catfish is trying to warn you! Pay Attention and save yourself the grief FUDW

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: ma=mg] #9191843 08/03/13 03:41 AM
M
ma=mg Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Sorry a lot to say here. Well lets hope Bryan county picks up the ball and runs with it, the field is wide open and everyone of us are poised to strike a pose should the media decide to listen.

FUDW

NEVER QUIT!

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9192050 08/03/13 06:31 AM
Kat-man-do Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Unless that was my hull to begin with, I wouldn't have picked it up at all. I would just demand either my money back or my finished product.

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: ma=mg] #9192053 08/03/13 06:40 AM
Kat-man-do Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: ma=mg
Well folks its not as clear cut as you think. If u refuse the boat they can charge storage. If you take the boat its a civil matter or so law enforcement says. Civil court above 500 dollars will run you about 30k. So folks give up because they lost 15k and then have to spend another 30k to get back fifteen. Then its just a judgment good luck collecting. This is well beyond a deal gone bad, I too have been beat out of over 20 thousand of a 32500.00 paid in full to Donny Worthington at 635 carpenters bluff Hendrix Oklahoma. He shares a shop with his father in law Harold Speed of silver dollar boats. Both filed bankruptcy and walked away and started over. Before doing any business with these guys contact Bryan county district court records for those two names and check their history. its free public information 580-924-1446.
I received a partial boat also after driving 1100 miles from Florida to pick up my boat which I was told was ready for delivery. I had to use a Bryan county detective to help me get mine. I was told take what you can get and go . You would think that with the multitude of people that have been taken of their money law enforcement would act. Catfish is trying to warn you! Pay Attention and save yourself the grief FUDW

What are they going to charge storage for? It's not your boat yet. I'd like to see someone try to collect on storage of an unfinished product. If it was a bankruptcy thing, then a bit of research would go a long way before cutting someone loose with 15K, someone you know basically nothing about. Bankruptcy sucks for everyone, but it's the law and lots of people use it. I know people who've filed it and their customers have been angry that they didn't get what they paid for, but no one files it who doesn't owe anyone anything.

It sucks for you guys, I hope you recoup your losses.

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: Kat-man-do] #9208404 08/08/13 02:50 AM
M
ma=mg Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
No we were taken after the bankruptcy, meaning they are right back to business of taken the money and not building the boats.
Again you think the law protects you in this matter. Not So, at least not in Bryan county Oklahoma. The crooks can do as they please and you have to pay to prove them wrong in civil court. Once their is hull ID # on a scrap piece of metal its your boat if it matches the number on your contract. I personally did not have issues with storage fees. That was yet another individual.
FUDW

Last edited by ma=mg; 08/08/13 03:01 AM.
Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9208454 08/08/13 03:02 AM
B
BrianTx01 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
A possible reason the county raided the property was to collect property for money he might owe in taxes. When you are coming to the county you are talking to another creditor.

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2001
Proud UNT Alumni
Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9211224 08/08/13 11:45 PM
S
snowyriver6 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
he sounds like a dope head to me

Re: Southern Style Custom Boats [Re: catfisher88] #9318588 09/16/13 01:50 AM
C
catfisher88 Offline OP