Forums59
Topics1,039,636
Posts13,968,163
Members144,210
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #9162862 07/25/13 02:45 AM
C
cephusjoe Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
Thats the funniest fishing vid ive ever seen! Lol slappin my knee

Mcurtain county okie
Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: onfirecrappie] #9163154 07/25/13 05:04 AM
L
lookingfor25 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted By: onfirecrappie
Sure does make me mad though when I'm in my little two man boat fishing a pretty small creek (usually Hagerman Wildlife Refuge) and a 50K dollar bass boat comes flying by me doing about 40mph.
+1

Living for God, family and the great outdoors.
Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: Neches] #9163255 07/25/13 06:22 AM
S
SheCrappieKilla Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Neches
Not a ton of difference. Watch this and just swap out bass fisherman for crappie fisherman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w

He said they were going to put him in the movies! I be damn, they did!

Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #9163361 07/25/13 10:54 AM
J
Jeff_W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
I cringe when i pull up at my lake to fish and there is a bass tournament! Bonham has one every thursday. Its a whole evening of bass boats flying from spot to spot coming 30 yard from you while on a brushpile! love it! I usually give it back to them when i leave by driving medium speed (makes the biggest wake) and they stare me down like im messing up their fishing or something! lmao! paybacks a !@#$%^%$#

Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #9163380 07/25/13 11:15 AM
P
piscatur non solum piscator Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
I rolled up on a bass fisherman yesterday evening. He was at the edge of the timber and casting out into open water. He was within 25 yards of a particular tree I wanted to fish. So same program, I cut back a good ways out, idled in and cut off the motor far enough out as to not disturb his fishing. I used the trolling motor and pulled up to my tree.

He was one of the nicest bass fishermen I've met so far. We talked location, tactics and shared stories of fishing the same water over the last twenty or so years. What was really humorous was that we were both casting out away from the timber within 20 yards of each other. He had his "strong backbone" long bass rod and was throwing larger jigs and I had the buggy whip throwing a roadrunner. He caught a couple of bass and I caught a couple of crappie while we fished until sunset.

Who says we can't all get along? Heck it makes me think that there's still hope for Kirk...I mean Shecrappiekilla and Ketchn.

Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #9163402 07/25/13 11:39 AM
K
krazy kris Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
I fish for both bass and crappie. I have fished out of everything from a paddle boat to a 20ft bass boat, so I know how it feels. Just common sense and curtesy is all you need. Now those darn sandbass fisherman are another story, lol.

Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: krazy kris] #9163448 07/25/13 12:11 PM
P
piscatur non solum piscator Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted By: krazy kris
I fish for both bass and crappie. I have fished out of everything from a paddle boat to a 20ft bass boat, so I know how it feels. Just common sense and curtesy is all you need. Now those darn sandbass fisherman are another story, lol.
If you think the sand bass anglers are something you should see what the "perch"...err...brim folks are like. rolfmao

Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #9163696 07/25/13 01:43 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
so should I go fast or slow ....?
and when is it all rite to go fast or slow ....?
I am confused again ?
piscatur likes when I walk the minner in a tite circle ....
it makes for a super pretty wake ....
and then I look just like them folks that ya see and say ....
geeeez o wiz ....whats up wit awl that ??
ROFLMBO ....

Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: Jeff_W] #9164371 07/25/13 05:12 PM
G
GoldSpoonr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: Jeff_W
I cringe when i pull up at my lake to fish and there is a bass tournament! Bonham has one every thursday. Its a whole evening of bass boats flying from spot to spot coming 30 yard from you while on a brushpile! love it! I usually give it back to them when i leave by driving medium speed (makes the biggest wake) and they stare me down like im messing up their fishing or something! lmao! paybacks a !@#$%^%$#

rolfmao

If you feel like a riot
Then dont you deny it
Put your good foot forward
Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: GoldSpoonr] #9164710 07/25/13 06:53 PM
F
Fishin_Ren Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Originally Posted By: GoldSpoonr
Originally Posted By: Jeff_W

rolfmao
rolfmao
I must say I'd never seen any anglers behaved worse than (some) tourney bass fishermen... about 3 years ago (before I know better...) I was bankfishing at a lake (not be known to me there was a bass tourny..) didn't do too well because all these @#$@$@ bass boat zip in out at the speed of light one they found out there was no bass, (duh there were at least dozen idiots zipped in/out b4 u, fish are gone!), so each one of them would gun their boat at full speed to somewhere... Well, then there was this boat that zipped about 300 yards away from me, they beached their boat and a guy tried to throw a clear plastic bag and few other thrash t go with it... I kind of guessed what the content was when the guy jumped in the water and washed himself, before they gunned their boat at warp speed to infinity and beyond! rolfmao ... bolt

Anyway, I finally had to packed up and left because there were two small groups of people hiked over to that area and turned right back and gave me some of the dirtiest looks on their face! I had to let them know that it wasn't me by showing them my portable shovel,... see, for emergency I don't need no plaztik! hammer rolfmao

The pursuit (where are the fish), rigs design and setup, scouting, the awesome feeling of casting your rigs 100+ yards out, the total focus on the fish and the elements, the outdoors... the total exhaustion at the end of your fishing day,... the cooler full of fish to bring home... Yeah, I'm going to miss bank fishing!
Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #9167388 07/26/13 03:50 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
My take on Bass fisherman from actual experiences on Texoma:

They come roaring into the cove or slough at full speed. Stop and make 6 - 10 casts then blast back out at full speed. Takes me 15 minutes or so to get the fish biting again.

They seem to always have the latest electronics, but never use them. I watch the bank beaters fish at my lake house at PK and smile as they beat the bank along Neely Slough but never drop out and fish the trees underneath them that are full of LM bass. I catch them occasionally when they get active enough to hit my white bass rigs I'm pulling by that area. I see them on my cheap black and white fish finder and primarily catch LM from that area. There's so much bait in PK Bass don't stay shallow long. They eat and go back to their 35 foot deep tree.

They practice catch and release allot, but when I go out after or during a tournament, I see a lot of 10-14 inch bass floating who just could not live though being hooked deep or handled poorly.

I guess I can live with them as long as they don't run over me with their racing boats. They are more considerate than jet ski's. I give them a pass, as I figure most are trying to squeeze in as much fishing as possible on a day off. But fishing is time consuming and patience is a very good thing for a fisherman.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: JBR7004] #9167403 07/26/13 03:54 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
I love it JB. I have quit a few LM and SM fillets left from the wonderful May/June fishing we had. Not as good as crappie but good enough.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: Neches] #9167719 07/26/13 05:45 PM
S
SadSack Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Neches
Not a ton of difference. Watch this and just swap out bass fisherman for crappie fisherman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w

Oh man that is funny!

Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #9167793 07/26/13 06:04 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
That video is great. I have got to start posting more, and get some stickers and jerseys.

Re: Differences Between Crappie and Bass Anglers [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #9168155 07/26/13 08:08 PM
David Welcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
My dad was fishing with my next door neighbor back 10 or so years ago. He was fishing near a boat lane up near Buck Creek. A man and his 16 year old son came by in a 20' bass boat and swamped him in his 16' skeeter. My dad had a little too much to drink and chased them down all the way back to the Buck Creek Boat Ramp. They had no clue what they had done and it got ugly, the son pulled a paddle out like he was gonna go after my dad, my dad pulled out a machette. Needless to say it could have gotten ugly, They jumped in their bass boat and went back out till my Dad left.
To this day, my Dad dispises Bass Fisherman. There were many other instances before that, but this topped all other stories.

If you are on Ray Bob, watch out for that old man sittin in that boat lane crappie fishing!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide