Print Thread
Page 235 of 247 1 2 233 234 235 236 237 246 247
Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: awdieee] #8853471 04/22/13 12:18 PM
S
Sunup Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Fantastic deed awdieee putting Jack on fish!
Congratz Jack on catch.
Grease or Sushi?
cheers
Originally Posted By: awdieee
Had to bust out my secret bait today. Both Jack and Tim were giving me their patented "whatever" look when I told them these are hybrids candy. Tried a first hole and the guy fishing across from us was thinking we were crazy using my secret bait. Not even a single hit, time to move.

Went to next spot and cast out my secret bait and as soon as it hits the water I got a light tap and see my line moving upstream. Set the hook and heard my reel singing. smile This happened EVERY SINGLE CAST and in 30 mins we ran out of my secret bait. Time to make another bait run. Tim and me drove over and got more bait and return to our spot in an hour. On our way, we met one of my co-worker and invited him and his GF to fish with us.

When we got there, he decline using our secret bait since we didn't have that much. We had already caught so many hybrids today and it really does not matter to us. Finally he tie on a hook and cast out the bait. Withina few seconds his line began darting upstream. After a few runs it broke his line. This happened 2 more time until I told him to borrow Tim's rod rigged with braid. He finally landed a nice 6.5lber.

Fast forward, Jack hooked a monster and managed to land him. We weigh her and it register 8.1 lbs. Since we were getting low on secret bait, we called it a day and have Jack make a trip to BPS to have her certified.

Below is the official result and NEW ROWLETT CREEK Hybrid record. Beauty measuring 26.5" and 8.12lbs

Congrats Jack!

Now do you still have doubts about my secret bait. wink

Lee

Last edited by ChugR; 04/22/13 12:32 PM.
Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: TarponFly] #8853505 04/22/13 12:30 PM
B
banderapass1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
clapVery Nice!

"WALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG FISH"

Texas Tech University,Alumni
Lubbock Christian University,Alumni
Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: TarponFly] #8854057 04/22/13 03:15 PM
B
benp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Once again i get caught chasing hybrids like an idiot chasing returns in the stock market lol. Im going to put gps on a few guys cars from these forums lol. Nice catch Jack. Today.was not so fruitful. I should have known it would be bad when the cast net came up empty at the pond and creek.

I only fish on days that end in Y!

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: TarponFly] #8854271 04/22/13 04:15 PM
S
Sunup Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
benp, ya tore em up the other day didn't
ya!

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: awdieee] #8854275 04/22/13 04:16 PM
K
Kayak-Hooligan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Had to bust out my secret bait today. Both Jack and Tim were giving me their patented "whatever" look when I told them these are hybrids candy. Tried a first hole and the guy fishing across from us was thinking we were crazy using my secret bait. Not even a single hit, time to move.

Went to next spot and cast out my secret bait and as soon as it hits the water I got a light tap and see my line moving upstream. Set the hook and heard my reel singing. smile This happened EVERY SINGLE CAST and in 30 mins we ran out of my secret bait. Time to make another bait run. Tim and me drove over and got more bait and return to our spot in an hour. On our way, we met one of my co-worker and invited him and his GF to fish with us.

When we got there, he decline using our secret bait since we didn't have that much. We had already caught so many hybrids today and it really does not matter to us. Finally he tie on a hook and cast out the bait. Withina few seconds his line began darting upstream. After a few runs it broke his line. This happened 2 more time until I told him to borrow Tim's rod rigged with braid. He finally landed a nice 6.5lber.

Fast forward, Jack hooked a monster and managed to land him. We weigh her and it register 8.1 lbs. Since we were getting low on secret bait, we called it a day and have Jack make a trip to BPS to have her certified.

Below is the official result and NEW ROWLETT CREEK Hybrid record. Beauty measuring 26.5" and 8.12lbs

Congrats Jack!

Lee

Nice!!!! Next time I will be the one that will beat your record jack! man it was fun watching that thing explode on top water with lees secret bait came back and striked it 3-4 times, there were times when you see 2-3 chase them, crazy funn and well worth it, what we did that day was a very productive day. My body is sore any of you guys? Lee?jack? Had fun with you guys, and still tired...

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: Sunup] #8854328 04/22/13 04:33 PM
B
benp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: ChugR
benp, ya tore em up the other day didn't
ya!

Ya Friday was great but no Hybrids for me... It is bitter sweet seeing these other posts lol. I am very happy for jack and the guys. I went out with Jack last week and we got goosed so He deserves it for sure. I just always seem to miss the Big fish though lol... I am glad someone is catching em..

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: awdieee] #8854360 04/22/13 04:43 PM
H
HittingUp LikeCrazy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H

Congrats Jack!

Lee

Your secret bait must be live crawfish if I'm not mistakened...

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: TarponFly] #8854836 04/22/13 07:00 PM
A
awdieee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
Have at least four on the stringers today is close to or might break Jack's record.

Once the season is done will post pics of all the hybrids we caught. Sucks we didn't even take pictures of some of the hybrids we caught. If anyone is wondering, all the hybrids we kept were over 20". If we need to measure, it is going back to the creek. smile

Oh we limited out in under an hour(actual fishing) or 1.5 hours if you want to count the time we net, retie and string up the hybrids.

Lee

Last edited by awdieee; 04/22/13 07:02 PM.

Lee
Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: TarponFly] #8854892 04/22/13 07:11 PM
1/32oz Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Fish on! Caught these yellow bass early Today. Easy limit, less then an hour, gave away two. They are all about the same size.

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: TarponFly] #8854924 04/22/13 07:19 PM
F
Fish Chaser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Guys, I've looked on the TP%WD records pages and I can't find where Rowlett Creek is listed. Anyone know where the records for it are?

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: awdieee] #8854942 04/22/13 07:22 PM
B
benp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Have at least four on the stringers today is close to or might break Jack's record.

Once the season is done will post pics of all the hybrids we caught. Sucks we didn't even take pictures of some of the hybrids we caught. If anyone is wondering, all the hybrids we kept were over 20". If we need to measure, it is going back to the creek. smile

Oh we limited out in under an hour(actual fishing) or 1.5 hours if you want to count the time we net, retie and string up the hybrids.

Lee

I was there form 8 to 10 today didnt see yall anywhere... I got zilch

Last edited by benp; 04/22/13 07:23 PM.

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: 1/32oz] #8854949 04/22/13 07:24 PM
K
Kepi Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted By: 1/32oz
Fish on! Caught these yellow bass early Today. Easy limit, less then an hour, gave away two. They are all about the same size.

HUGE 26" yellow bass wink

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: benp] #8855098 04/22/13 08:08 PM
A
awdieee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
Originally Posted By: benp

Lee

We were there at 8:45 to net shads. Probably left at 9:20 and went to another hole.

Lee

Lee
Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: awdieee] #8855112 04/22/13 08:11 PM
B
benp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: benp

Lee

We were there at 8:45 to net shads. Probably left at 9:20 and went to another hole.

Lee

Ah.. I think I saw yall I was at grey dodge with my friend(to big guys we were packing it up after no luck). you two were leaving in the silver car and red truck.... Crazy.. I should have said Hi.

Re: Rowlett Creek - Sand Bass Run [Re: TarponFly] #8855171 04/22/13 08:26 PM
M
mcosi Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Went today and only C&R a small sand bass.

I've had great luck fishing after the rain has been coming through with the creek being more stained.

Any tips for fishing when its much more clear water? Do they want a slower presentation or faster?

I threw road runners with flukes attached (my normal go to lure), curly tail, and curly shads, but these seem to work best in stained for me.

Do I need to get rid of the road runners and use standard jig heads and/or bare hooks?

Page 235 of 247 1 2 233 234 235 236 237 246 247
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide