Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: I hate to see this [Re: big10] #8760305 03/28/13 01:51 AM
D
DAN-O Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
I personally have between 10-12 dollars per jugline invested. Leave my stuff alone! Never fails though...lose a few every trip due to thiefs. People who may drive by and see one bobbing and help themselves to fish, jugline, and all. Sorry pieces of [censored].

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: I hate to see this [Re: Capt. Michael Littlejohn] #8760692 03/28/13 03:05 AM
P
popcat10 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Originally Posted By: Salsa
If the water holds low, we are going to plan a "Clean Lake Tawakoni Day" which will consist of rounding up unmarked jugs and trashed trotlines in the stumps. I don't have a date together yet, but TP&W will be issuing some cool handouts for volunteers.

We pick up jugs and trashed trotlines weekly. It's a never ending battle over here. frown

I think that is a great idea. I am sure that most jug or trot line fisherman mean well but there are always many left behind for whatever reason. If game wardens were notified ahead of time and gave their approval we could use this on just about any lake in Texas. Maybe there could be a statewide clean up the lakes weekend instigated by TPWD where all of the fishermen could do the clean up.

Re: I hate to see this [Re: big10] #8760844 03/28/13 03:42 AM
J
j49 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
The way I see it is " a man is defined by what he does when no one is watching." If you won't steal my fish and my equipment while I am there, you are simply a thief if you will do it while I am not. Justify it anyway you want, you are just #####.
If you see me running a trotline and don't like, come discuss it with me.

j49

Last edited by j49; 03/28/13 03:58 AM.

good fishing
Re: I hate to see this [Re: big10] #8760920 03/28/13 04:22 AM
F
Fish_or_Cut_Bait Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I will bet that people who have their jugs stolen, aren't having em stolen by rod n reel fisherman. They fish with rod n reel, they don't need a jug. I even bet that they aren't stolen by the real hardcore set liners. They catch plenty of fish on their own. My .02

Fish or Cut Bait
Re: I hate to see this [Re: ChuChu1] #8761155 03/28/13 11:46 AM
C
ChuckP Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: ChuChu1
I just don't get all this hoopla over one dead fish. One dead fish on a jug or trotline will NEVER harm the resource as much as guides taking 2-3 clients out and catching and keeping limits of fish on a regulat basis. Think how many guides are working and removing 50 to 75 fish each.
I hate to see fish wasted, but one dead fish on a jug will never hurt the resource. If you catch a larger catfish and release it and it dies, isn't the end result the same?
I see all the people getting all riled up over someone stealing a fishing rod, and yet openly admit they will cut, remove, or whatever someone's trot line or jug. Well folks, a thief is a thief is a thief.
Get over it. Fishing is supposed to be fun, so go out and have fun. Stop looking for something to b**ch about.

I guess a fish suffering for several days until it dies is acceptable to you. No animal deserves that kind of death. That is just cruel.

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

/
36 1/2 lb blue cat- - - - -1995 Baymaster

Re: I hate to see this [Re: ChuChu1] #8761178 03/28/13 12:00 PM
B
big10 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
I just don't get all this hoopla over one dead fish. One dead fish on a jug or trotline will NEVER harm the resource as much as guides taking 2-3 clients out and catching and keeping limits of fish on a regulat basis. Think how many guides are working and removing 50 to 75 fish each.
I hate to see fish wasted, but one dead fish on a jug will never hurt the resource. If you catch a larger catfish and release it and it dies, isn't the end result the same?
I see all the people getting all riled up over someone stealing a fishing rod, and yet openly admit they will cut, remove, or whatever someone's trot line or jug. Well folks, a thief is a thief is a thief.
Get over it. Fishing is supposed to be fun, so go out and have fun. Stop looking for something to b**ch about.

This is just 1 fish that was found floating but who knows how many have been hung, left to die, and never floated to the top.

Jerry Dillard
Re: I hate to see this [Re: big10] #8761300 03/28/13 12:47 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
i saw a gatorade bottle the other day .....
going kinda sideways in the wind ....
i thunk ...hmmmmm.
i watched it a long time ....
it was front end heavy and travelin here and there ...
there was no doubt it had a fish on it ....
i was on the bank and couldnt cast to it ....
i would have released the fish for sure ....
the part that got me ....
this area has no boat access for miles and miles ......how sad for that fish ...what a waste

Re: I hate to see this [Re: big10] #8761302 03/28/13 12:48 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
LOL A LOT of real honest law abiding concervationist sportsmen running their jaws on this thread. But bottom line is....
A THIEF IS A THIEF IS A THIEF. yOU CAN TALK ALL THE bs YOU WANT ABOUT LAWS, BUT IN THE END IF YOU STEAL A MANS JUG OR TROTLINE, YOU ARE STILL JUST A THIEF. rEMEMBER ALL THOSE YOU CALLED SCUM, LOW LIVES, ETC? THAT'S YOU!

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: I hate to see this [Re: big10] #8761308 03/28/13 12:49 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: big10

This is just 1 fish that was found floating but who knows how many have been hung, left to die, and never floated to the top.

Not near as many as guides take home every day.

Re: I hate to see this [Re: ChuckP] #8761311 03/28/13 12:50 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: ChuckP

I guess a fish suffering for several days until it dies is acceptable to you. No animal deserves that kind of death. That is just cruel.

PETA is looking for members. Go join them.

Re: I hate to see this [Re: Fish_or_Cut_Bait] #8761318 03/28/13 12:52 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: jeb225
I will bet that people who have their jugs stolen, aren't having em stolen by rod n reel fisherman. They fish with rod n reel, they don't need a jug. I even bet that they aren't stolen by the real hardcore set liners. They catch plenty of fish on their own. My .02

BULL! They are being stolen by those that don't like them. Rod and reel fishermen, bass fishermen, anyone that just doesn't like them.
But I guess I have to ask....who is stealing them...bank fishermen?

Re: I hate to see this [Re: big10] #8761404 03/28/13 01:12 PM
C
CoC Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
You guys just won't let this die!! A great suggestion was given by Salsa and everyone seemed to Ignore it. To me that says that somebody doen't want the issue resolved. And to those that jug/trotline, form a group or an alliance to encourage proper and responsible use of that type of equipment on the lake(s) you fish. Just a suggestion. Perhaps if you ban together and do this the theivery you speak of will stop and so will the bad angling habits, b/c there is ALOT of both taking place obviously.

SirHerbertC
Re: I hate to see this [Re: ChuChu1] #8761410 03/28/13 01:14 PM
C
CoC Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C

BULL! They are being stolen by those that don't like them. Rod and reel fishermen, bass fishermen, anyone that just doesn't like them.

I seriously doubt every one of those stolen was done by a person who doesn't like them. Some were taken by ppl looking for a free easy meal. Do you have solid evidence to prove otherwise????

SirHerbertC
Re: I hate to see this [Re: CoC Angler] #8761451 03/28/13 01:24 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: CoC Angler

I seriously doubt every one of those stolen was done by a person who doesn't like them. Some were taken by ppl looking for a free easy meal. Do you have solid evidence to prove otherwise????

You have any evidence to prove otherwise? This stupid thread can go forever. My point is, it is stealing to remove a jug or trotline without permission from the owner. Now before you jump up and down, yes...a game warden can remove them.
And once again, a thief is a thief is a thief.

Now: Go fishing and enjoy it instead of looking for something to whine about.

Re: I hate to see this [Re: big10] #8761528 03/28/13 01:42 PM
R
redchevy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
I have cleaned fish next to some people who checked my trotline once had my hooks stagings and all. They were rod and reel catfishermen.

I would wager most rod and reel catfishermen you will incounter on a lake other than lavon, t-wok, etc. are not near as cpr minded as the forum would believe.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide