Forums59
Topics1,040,364
Posts13,980,402
Members144,236
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: horton5303] #8645503 02/28/13 04:06 AM
D
Demfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: horton5303
East of the dam.... Theirs no water on that side. And its a huge secret about the Crappie on Benbrook. Ran into 2 guys that are on here at Mustang ramp and they acted like i wasnt even there because they knew who i was.. I finally got them to actually talk to me.. Guess they thought they were Crappie Celebrities. HA!!!

Not how i heard it went down.. and as i recall i invited you to go via pm... and you just ignored it

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: Cheeseburger Eddy] #8645646 02/28/13 04:55 AM
P
piscatur non solum piscator Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Hey Eddie if you have a smartphone either Android or IPhone you can get the Navionics App for $9-$10. It's not extremely precise but will show you the contours like the old paper maps did.

Secret humps on Benbrook.

I've caught crappie during the spawn in the shallows from the south end to the north end and on both the east and west banks. Just pick a bank and follow the shoreline like the bass guys do (just do it a whole lot slower) and you will find the crappie if you keep after it. It's after the spawn when it gets tougher to find them.

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: Demfishes] #8645665 02/28/13 05:02 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: thenatural
East of the dam.... Theirs no water on that side. And its a huge secret about the Crappie on Benbrook. Ran into 2 guys that are on here at Mustang ramp and they acted like i wasnt even there because they knew who i was.. I finally got them to actually talk to me.. Guess they thought they were Crappie Celebrities. HA!!!

Not how i heard it went down.. and as i recall i invited you to go via pm... and you just ignored it

hmmm, duel popcorn

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: Cheeseburger Eddy] #8646276 02/28/13 01:54 PM
horton5303 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Hey it's cool. Just a little awkward. They were nice once they acknowledged that I was standing there. It's all good now though. No worries.

DriftAway Charters Fishing Trips. South Padre Island, Texas. Bay fishing at it's finest! Call 956-505-9500 to book your trip. https://southpadrefishingtrips.com/
Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #8646527 02/28/13 02:46 PM
J
Jedi-Ninja Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: piscatur non solum piscator
It's after the spawn when it gets tougher to find them.

Unless your name is Pat

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: crapicat] #8646695 02/28/13 03:12 PM
jcarring99 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: crapicat

hmmm, duel popcorn

That natural guy is not a very nice man sometimes.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
email: joel@carringtonroofingdfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
For financing click: https://app.gethearth.com/partners/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonroofingdfw.com
Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #8646706 02/28/13 03:15 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
You picked a good time to get started. Wait a couple of three weeks. Then look in the shallows like everyone else. The crappie will be easy to catch on most area lakes.

Hey, Piscatur, grease bath really wants to learn to fish Benbrook, if you get time, that is...

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: jcarring99] #8647011 02/28/13 04:10 PM
C
CrappieHappy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Coach JC

hmmm, duel popcorn

That natural guy is not a very nice man sometimes.

stir

Take a Kid Fishing.....

[Linked Image]

TNT Tackle

JigCraft.com
Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: crapicat] #8647028 02/28/13 04:14 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
You picked a good time to get started. Wait a couple of three weeks. Then look in the shallows like everyone else. The crappie will be easy to catch on most area lakes.

Hey, Piscatur, grease bath really wants to learn to fish Benbrook, if you get time, that is...
I'm no Pat but I've caught a few there. Consider it another adventure in the near future.

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: Cheeseburger Eddy] #8647529 02/28/13 06:02 PM
L
LSUANDY Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Hey Eddy
Im new to the area as well and live in Benbrook. I went out walking around yesterday at benbrook. I saw one boat on the entire lake, but im still going to give it plenty of chances this spring maybe we can find them together.
Keep in touch

First u form habits, then they form u.
Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: Cheeseburger Eddy] #8648387 02/28/13 08:53 PM
C
Cheeseburger Eddy Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
"Looks to me like those were gave to you in a PM, which was awful generous from the guy, then you post them publicly???????????? Dont understand that"

Me: Nah.... just found it in a forum search, the title "where to find black bass", but hey fiction can be fun. I appreciate you guys' help though (piscatur non solum piscator, especially)

Went the other day caught 1 hybrid, that's all so far as far as results, was in Richardson's Slough

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: fishing_ken] #8648536 02/28/13 09:28 PM
C
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
Originally Posted By: fishing_ken
Bit of advice. When I began jig fishing brushpiles I had no idea where to start. I took the time to read the forum and picked up other bits of info on where and how to find brushpiles. I took my new found knowledge to the waters and posted my results, both success and failure here on the forum. When people saw that I was driven to learn and succeed they began to openly help me when I had questions. Long story short, there is A LOT of knowledge on this forum, and A LOT of it came from t.o.w. (time on water). Really hope this helps!

more on this point, I do read the forum quite often but have only had the chance to try a couple of times,

the first I stayed at Mustang creek for a while a couple of weeks ago, tried minnows on a bobber and a jighead with a rooster tail, no luck,

and last weekend I tried the same jighead/rooster in the timber in various places in the main lake and stayed in Richardson's Slough with that method and live minnows for 2 hrs, (from 10:30am ish - about 2:15 ish) with not one bite, I did however catch a hybrid trolling with a texas worm rig in richardson's Slough at the point where you can see the bend, that day water was being pumped in from Richland Chambers and it seemed like a white water rapid river!

He snapped my line as I was trying to take him off though, I had never caught one and I had underestimated his power, I had an 8lb flurocarbon academy brand test line on a light action rod, all intended to catch sandbass and crappie for this year's spawn,

all in all I was on the lake from 8:30 am - sundown, (Saturday 2/22), with no break or lunch I started at the pump station and made my way down the east bank all the way to almost rocky creek before I had to turn around, was getting close to dark, had a long way to paddle back, forgot sunblock too, can't wait to go back

I have seen a lot on here about brush piles, I appreciate your advice sir, I'll remember that

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: Cheeseburger Eddy] #8648547 02/28/13 09:31 PM
C
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
whoops, the post I found the humps on was actually:

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ook#Post3561557

my bad

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: Cheeseburger Eddy] #8648714 02/28/13 10:18 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Eddy if you cover that much water but wait a couple of weeks, you'll know where the spawners are. Topo maps are great for planning whether printed or digital. After the shallow spawn is over looking at the contours helps me decide where to look for the sunken brush or decide where to sink my own. Hope you catch a lot of crappie and soon.

Re: Need tips on good Crappie spots on Benbook Lake [Re: Cheeseburger Eddy] #8649911 03/01/13 03:38 AM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
There are crappie in Benbrook? smile it's a tough cookie to figure out, but man it has some slabs in it ! I miss fishing it! Brush is the key out there for me.

Shallow spawners? Tie on a jig and bobber and find you a protected bank! Or find a ledge that comes up and fish the edges. Remember, crappie can spawn on vertical structure, too.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide