Re: just be courious on the water [Re: fouzman] #6573635 08/29/11 07:37 PM
B
BlueFlek Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: fouzman
So I take it you've had quite a few "encounters" with angry fishermen?

thats actually why i started this thread. guy was idling parallel to the dam about 50 yeards off (graphing I assume). i, on the same plane went past him and started actually fishing. Mind you i had no idea what he was doing. 5 minutes later he circled back, cut me off, told me he didn't appreciate me fishing (i guess i was supposed to sit back and wait for him to finish idling and making up his mind about where to fish). I said to heck with it, let him have it, drove up about 100 yards and started fishing again. saw him later in the day he told me i was an a-hole, just reminded me of the how poeple react on the forum when I didn't do anything wrong

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: just be courious on the water [Re: BlueFlek] #6573647 08/29/11 07:40 PM
J
J.Johnson Offline
Angler
Angler
J
You are way off blueflek....it's never alright to just squeeze in or jump in front of someone just because you need the practice. what if that person is practicing too? or if i actually paid an entry fee to fish a tournament i'm supposed to loose that money because you need practice...whatever horse we may be on apparently it's not any higher than the one your sitting on. if someone is there ...go fish somewhere else and come back later...the way to not worry about it is to be the first one on the spot. otherwise you are going to make people angry and you get what you get...i keep saying if you expect ANY courtesy on the water you better be willing to give some courtesy of your own.

Jeremy Johnson
Black Angel Lures
http://www.blackangellures.com
Jeremy@blackangellures.com
Re: just be courious on the water [Re: 9094] #6573695 08/29/11 07:51 PM
B
BlueFlek Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: 9094
If you go 100 yards behind me and start I probably won't care. If you cut 100 yards in front of me that's cutting me off from the direction I am fishing. If you observe me fishing a ledge back and forth that is 40 yards long and come jump on one end then that's cutting me off. If I have marked a spot with a bouy marker and am less than 30 yards from it and you pull up around the marker you are cutting me off. I can cast that far so I am still fishing my bouy.
Show some courtesy, I know the rules state 50 feet but that is only a minimum distance, almost all fishermen I know won't move in on another fisherman, but some guys see the pro's do it and think that is the way to fish. I will say something to you in these situations.

i agree with that. I would never pull up on your brushpile or ledge thats 40 yards long. my point has been compltely missed

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: J.Johnson] #6573702 08/29/11 07:52 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Hopefully when the temp's drop out of the triple digits people will chill out smile. No pun intended.

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: J.Johnson] #6573734 08/29/11 07:59 PM
B
BlueFlek Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: J.Johnson
You are way off blueflek....it's never alright to just squeeze in or jump in front of someone just because you need the practice. what if that person is practicing too? or if i actually paid an entry fee to fish a tournament i'm supposed to loose that money because you need practice...whatever horse we may be on apparently it's not any higher than the one your sitting on. if someone is there ...go fish somewhere else and come back later...the way to not worry about it is to be the first one on the spot. otherwise you are going to make people angry and you get what you get...i keep saying if you expect ANY courtesy on the water you better be willing to give some courtesy of your own.

dude i said i'll ask him if he is in a tournament and let him have it if he is. go back and read.
also, if i am traveling from waco to dfw on a saturday morning and get to the lake for the EARLY bite and the local yokel is already there... i cant come back LATER and get the same effect as an EARLY BITE. therefore, I am going to fish as close as i can without ticking the guy off. This is my whole point exaclty. a lot TFFers, like you, feel as if a 200 yard stretch of riprap is a "spot" and you'll be darned if i fish pull up anywhere 'in front' of you and fish it. Even if 'in front' 100 yards. Im a nice guy but when im spending the money to this im going to maximize my time on the water

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: Frenzy] #6573739 08/29/11 08:01 PM
S
SkeeterEater Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
First of all 100 Yards is a good distance on either side of someone else. Just cause a guy is fishing a row of docks or whatever doesn't mean he has rights to a 1000 yard stretch of them. It is a distance thing plain and simple. 200 yards is better but if the lake has 2000 boats on it the first angler must also understand that they only have a 50 fett buffer. So a guy giving you 300 feet is 6X greater than the rules state in most tourneys. And that is normally when angler 1 is anchored. As far as the dude on the damn watching his graph....He is lost if he thinks someone is going to wait around to see if he decides to fish before they break out the crankin rod...

Take Dead Aim
I'd rather be lost on the water than found at work!
SkeeterEater
Re: just be courious on the water [Re: BlueFlek] #6573740 08/29/11 08:01 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
I don't think anyone has missed your point BF.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: just be courious on the water [Re: fouzman] #6573752 08/29/11 08:03 PM
L
LittleGazoo Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted By: fouzman
I think you're WRONG! What do you think because you "need to practice in an area" I should give up my spot where I'm sitting and catching fish?

Or if I'm moving down a shoreline with my tm on you're really gonna move in front of me?

I could care less what you're practicing for. Common courtesy is just that and it shouldn't get suspended for tournaments, practice or fun fishing.

I've had people come in on me and politely ask, hey man, is it ok if we go that way? Or which direction are you woking, etc. Communication is the key.

Frankly your weekend tournament fisherman mentality is what causes most of these problems. Now if it was the Classic or a BIG professional event, I wouldn't even be on the water, at least not fishing. Otherwise, I'm going to hold my ground or just leave and go find some more of YOUR fish.

Agree with Fouzman, common courtesy, "communication is the key" and some respect.
You should just politely ask to spot-up or determine a direction.

I was fishing a Lake Fork structure and a guide(whose name is Cody Malone) asked if his clients could fish the other side of it even though he was about 2 casts away. No problem and I respected it that he asked first.

Another day a Bud Light Trail dud motored right over where I was casting and turned the bass off for twenty minutes. This while I was trying to wave him behind my boat.

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: fouzman] #6573756 08/29/11 08:05 PM
B
BlueFlek Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
skeeter understands my point...thats it exactly. fighting for the available water is perfectly okay.
fouz. i know you have 15,000 posts but stop. bc YOU did miss my point!

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: fouzman] #6573760 08/29/11 08:06 PM
374 Trigger Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Why would you even ask him if he is in a toury.that dont even matter he might be fishing for anything its still the same.Your want toos dont override somebody else just because you in a toury.

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: BlueFlek] #6573768 08/29/11 08:08 PM
B
BlueFlek Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
i wish you guys would read the last paragraph. i know its hard when you are on a mission to reply, but i specifically said what I BELIEVE.

Originally Posted By: BlueFlek
I believe if you are courtious, make sure the other angler isn't fishing a tournament (let em have the spot if they are), dont binocular eye the other boat, and just go about practicing how you practice; then there is nothing wrong with moving in behind someone or 100 yards ahead of them, same strecth of docks, or rip rap, island/hump/pilings, ect.
what do ya'll think

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: 374 Trigger] #6573782 08/29/11 08:12 PM
B
BlueFlek Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: 374 Trigger
Why would you even ask him if he is in a toury.that dont even matter he might be fishing for anything its still the same.Your want toos dont override somebody else just because you in a toury.

ok obviously you are not a tournament angler and you have no idea what you are arguing against here. If im in a tournament i will ask a guy if i can go ahead NOT A TOURNAMENT GUY ON HERE WHO WOULDNT. If i am practicing in a crowded area and a guy pulls up on me I'll say "are you in a tournament" if they are ill leave or go around him, if he not im not going to leave or go around

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: Frenzy] #6573789 08/29/11 08:13 PM
A
AgSellers04 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
I don't like to do things that I know will anger someone on the water or do anything that I know would anger myself if someone did it to me. If you know it is going to upset someone, why do it? We all devote our time and effort to this sport in our own unique ways, and common sense dictates courtesy amongst fishermen.

Lesson of the day: If you know it might upset someone don't do it unless you just want to be unsportsmanlike.

PBs

LMB- 11 lbs., 7 oz. Falcon

Striper- 40 lb. Long Is. Sound
BlueCat- 30 lb. Texoma
Hybrid-8.2 lb. Lewisville
Cutthroat Trout-22" Yellowstone R, WY
Rainbow Trout- 21" Blitzen R, OR
Steelhead- 8 lb. Umpqua R, OR
Redfish-20 lb. Panama C. Bay, FL

Re: just be courious on the water [Re: BlueFlek] #6573801 08/29/11 08:15 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: BlueFlek
Originally Posted By: 374 Trigger

ok obviously you are not a tournament angler and you have no idea what you are arguing against here. If im in a tournament i will ask a guy if i can go ahead NOT A TOURNAMENT GUY ON HERE WHO WOULDNT. If i am practicing in a crowded area and a guy pulls up on me I'll say "are you in a tournament" if they are ill leave or go around him, if he not im not going to leave or go around

Ok, so what you are saying is everyone on the water should yeild to tournament anglers, right?

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: just be courious on the water [Re: AgSellers04] #6573816 08/29/11 08:18 PM
B
BlueFlek Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Agsellers. if i didnt properly protect the water i wanted to fish and another guy moved in on it, tournament or not, thats my fault. i dont see it as "oh that a-hole moved in front of me". when did everyone become nancy's? if fishing is a sport, which was clealy identified on here last week, then you need to get dirty, figh for the stretch of water you want to fish. there is no reason to say 'oh, well' $1,000 bucks down the drain. he's in my area i cant go there'

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide