Well the water temps kinda settled over the last 3 days. and then fell a little last night. You can still find 60-64 up the rivers and 56-58 on the main lake. The fish continue to move up daily and this last front had no real bite as the daytime temps still got in the high 70's. you can find some early spawners in the backs of most of the major creeks in the rio grande from marker 10 and up. The better fish continue to stack up on secondary points and creek bends adjacent to spawning flats. you can also find some real nice females in the middle of the drains that have trees in 15-20ft. A swimbait has been the weapon of choice when we have been blessed with cloudy mornings or windy days and a dd22 in shad colors have got the job done when there is not much wind and no clouds. as the day progresses I have been successful with long curly tail worms in simple colors. either t-rigged or c-rigged depending on the amount of cover.The most important thing to remember when fishing right now is if you find one chances are you have found a decent size school so remain in the area and you may improve your stringer quickly.

Here are a few decent client fish from the last couple of days, a great time was had by all!

as always if you ever need a hand or have any questions please feel free to give me a call I am always willing to help wether you book with me or not. And if your looking for a great fishing trip and the chance at a fish of a lifetime then please call Cast Away Guide Service Where your one Cast Away from the trip of a lifetime!

Respectfully,
Jc Gwynne
(830)719-9006

[Linked Image]
Cast Away Guide Service
www.theamistadman.com
www.soblures.com
www.dobynsrods.com
River Street Lodging