Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: hangitup] #5751144 01/23/11 02:42 PM
R
Ratmo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: hangitup
Originally Posted By: Chad711

This was me actually and I really don't appreciate this post.

1) I wanted to sell it locally and had mentioned that from the start but decided to work with you over mail. There is no recourse for you or me when a deal goes sour when shipping is involved. YOU GLADLY AGREED TO SHIP IT IN THE VERY FIRST PM YOU SENT ME

2) Not only did I take less then the asking price, hence why we spoke for two days prior. But I also paid for the shipping charges. About a $63 loss total from my asking price + shipping. YOU ACCEPTED MY FINAL OFFER. PERIOD. DON'T CRY ABOUT IT

3) My message to you was to see if you sent the check yet and yes I had a local buyer. However, no I didn't lie or the transaction didn't fall through. I decided to do what was right and stick to your deal so I told the other person sorry can't back out on you.HORSE HOCKEY YOU WANTED TO KILL THE DEAL LESS THAN 24 HOURS AFTER IT WAS MADE, AND YOU SAID IF I HAD PUT THE CHECK IN THE MAIL ALREADY YOU MIGHT SEND IT BACK!! (note he "decided to do what was right and stick to our deal" is that really a decision to ponder or make at this point?! MY money was in the mail to HIS house while he was deciding what to do folks)

4) You sent me a personal check. Not how I wanted to handle the transaction but once again I worked with you here as well. I even sent that to you before the check cleared your bank. YOU NEVER SUGGESTED ANY OTHER METHOD TO ME. I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED A CREDIT CARD FOR SPEED. THAT CHECK WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR $50,000

5) You did not find the transaction from when I purchased it originally. I found the PM's from the person I bought it from and not only told you it was 2 months ago instead of 6 months ago (not sure why that matters). But I also gave you the name of the person I bought it from so you could contact him to ask questions about the unit. YEAH I DID ACTUALLY, SORRY DUDE, I SEARCHED OLD POSTS TO FIND IT. YOU TOLD ME 6MONTHS, THEN YOU SAID 4 MONTHS, AND IN FACT I FOUND OUT IT WAS 2 MONTHS. IT MATTERS B/C YOU WERE DISHONEST. YOU ONLY GAVE ME THE NAME OF THE PERSON AFTER I ASKED SO I COULD TRACK DOWN A RECEIPT FOR WARRANTY PURPOSES

6) I gave you my eBay user name to help things go over smoothly from the start. Please look me up people: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=chad711m&ftab=AllFeedback I WASN'T BUYING ON EBAY, I WAS ON TFF. YEAH LOOK HIM UP. I DID NOT.

I pretty much went out of my way in every way I could to make you feel better about a transaction I didn't feel to comfortable dealing with either yet you post this???? I MADE YOU 3 OFFERS, I CALLED YOU ON THE PHONE, WE REACHED AN AGREEMENT. YOU SENT ME AN ADDRESS AND WITHIN AN HOUR I PUT A GOOD CHECK IN THE MAIL AT POST OFFICE. THEN YOU KEPT TRYING TO SELL IT. YOU KNEW YOU WERE IN THE WRONG THEN AND YOU KNOW NOW.

The reason you didn't mention my name here is because you know it wasn't right in the first place to post this complaint. BULLROAR

I'm a honest person and any one that knows me will tell you that. I could have just left this post alone and not worried about it but that's just who I am. YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT ALONE

I originally posted in this thread b/c i had both good and bad things to report and i said my part. I didn't want to call anyone out personally since the deal ended fine b/c "in the end, he did the right thing"... and maybe he had learned his lesson, but i figure there are other people out there that wouldn't want to deal with this kind of nonsense. If anyone thinks i am in the wrong here, or wants to decide for themselves i can copy/paste a record of the entire transaction from my PM box. I don't think that's necessary, I don't wanna waste any more time on this deal life is too short. Here are a few excerpts copy/pasted from PM since he wants to deny this and get all up in arms about the complaints i made. You can decide for yourself.

"No problems with it at all. I've had it for about 6 months."

"I bought it from someone about 4 months ago I believe"

(as i found out by looking at old posts it was actually 7-8weeks.. lol what fisherman in a 16' boat buys something new like an HDS5 and has it 2 months of the summer then 'forgets' and thinks they've had it for 6 months)

We made our deal, and i put a check in the mail WITHIN AN HOUR. 12 hours later he says he will pack it up tight when he ships it out. 24hrs later this is what i see in my PM, copy/pasted folks.

"Hey I have someone that is local that may want this today. I'd rather deal local so I do not pay shipping fee's. Was just wondering if you sent the check yet? If not please hold off for now and I will let you know what happens. If you have sent it I may end up mailing you the check back.
Sorry for the late notice but hope you understand. It has not sold yet but two local people are wanting to get it today. If it doesn't happen I will follow up."

a few hours later:
"Disregard that last message bud. Sorry for the scare last minute. I haven't heard from these guys today and ...."

Yall git a room, geesh.

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: Ratmo ] #5757131 01/24/11 11:30 PM
F
Fishinfreak121780 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Just wanted to let everyone know that Ruy Sanchez "Ruy" is a stand up guy bought two calais that would of both passed as new for a great price!! Fast shipping and even through in some crankbaits for free
Justin

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: Trickster] #5759665 01/25/11 03:37 PM
R
Rube G. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I bought a Minn Kota Talon from Shut up & Fish, David. Everything went very smooth, I will buy from him again. He is a Very honest hard working guy & I got a good deal on the Talon.

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: Rube G.] #5770255 01/27/11 08:18 PM
F
fergy Offline
Angler
Angler
F
I bought a HB 998c SI from David at shut-up-and-fish. I spoke to him on the phone but did not meet him personally. My brother in law picked up the HB and said David was great to deal with. The unit was delivered just as promised and at a great price.

Thanks again, David.

fergy

Guns have only two enemies...Rust and Politicians
Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: Ratmo ] #5771320 01/28/11 12:38 AM
C
christopherjake Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Ratmo
Originally Posted By: hangitup
Originally Posted By: Chad711

This was me actually and I really don't appreciate this post.

1) I wanted to sell it locally and had mentioned that from the start but decided to work with you over mail. There is no recourse for you or me when a deal goes sour when shipping is involved. YOU GLADLY AGREED TO SHIP IT IN THE VERY FIRST PM YOU SENT ME

2) Not only did I take less then the asking price, hence why we spoke for two days prior. But I also paid for the shipping charges. About a $63 loss total from my asking price + shipping. YOU ACCEPTED MY FINAL OFFER. PERIOD. DON'T CRY ABOUT IT

3) My message to you was to see if you sent the check yet and yes I had a local buyer. However, no I didn't lie or the transaction didn't fall through. I decided to do what was right and stick to your deal so I told the other person sorry can't back out on you.HORSE HOCKEY YOU WANTED TO KILL THE DEAL LESS THAN 24 HOURS AFTER IT WAS MADE, AND YOU SAID IF I HAD PUT THE CHECK IN THE MAIL ALREADY YOU MIGHT SEND IT BACK!! (note he "decided to do what was right and stick to our deal" is that really a decision to ponder or make at this point?! MY money was in the mail to HIS house while he was deciding what to do folks)

4) You sent me a personal check. Not how I wanted to handle the transaction but once again I worked with you here as well. I even sent that to you before the check cleared your bank. YOU NEVER SUGGESTED ANY OTHER METHOD TO ME. I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED A CREDIT CARD FOR SPEED. THAT CHECK WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR $50,000

5) You did not find the transaction from when I purchased it originally. I found the PM's from the person I bought it from and not only told you it was 2 months ago instead of 6 months ago (not sure why that matters). But I also gave you the name of the person I bought it from so you could contact him to ask questions about the unit. YEAH I DID ACTUALLY, SORRY DUDE, I SEARCHED OLD POSTS TO FIND IT. YOU TOLD ME 6MONTHS, THEN YOU SAID 4 MONTHS, AND IN FACT I FOUND OUT IT WAS 2 MONTHS. IT MATTERS B/C YOU WERE DISHONEST. YOU ONLY GAVE ME THE NAME OF THE PERSON AFTER I ASKED SO I COULD TRACK DOWN A RECEIPT FOR WARRANTY PURPOSES

6) I gave you my eBay user name to help things go over smoothly from the start. Please look me up people: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=chad711m&ftab=AllFeedback I WASN'T BUYING ON EBAY, I WAS ON TFF. YEAH LOOK HIM UP. I DID NOT.

I pretty much went out of my way in every way I could to make you feel better about a transaction I didn't feel to comfortable dealing with either yet you post this???? I MADE YOU 3 OFFERS, I CALLED YOU ON THE PHONE, WE REACHED AN AGREEMENT. YOU SENT ME AN ADDRESS AND WITHIN AN HOUR I PUT A GOOD CHECK IN THE MAIL AT POST OFFICE. THEN YOU KEPT TRYING TO SELL IT. YOU KNEW YOU WERE IN THE WRONG THEN AND YOU KNOW NOW.

The reason you didn't mention my name here is because you know it wasn't right in the first place to post this complaint. BULLROAR

I'm a honest person and any one that knows me will tell you that. I could have just left this post alone and not worried about it but that's just who I am. YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT ALONE

I originally posted in this thread b/c i had both good and bad things to report and i said my part. I didn't want to call anyone out personally since the deal ended fine b/c "in the end, he did the right thing"... and maybe he had learned his lesson, but i figure there are other people out there that wouldn't want to deal with this kind of nonsense. If anyone thinks i am in the wrong here, or wants to decide for themselves i can copy/paste a record of the entire transaction from my PM box. I don't think that's necessary, I don't wanna waste any more time on this deal life is too short. Here are a few excerpts copy/pasted from PM since he wants to deny this and get all up in arms about the complaints i made. You can decide for yourself.

"No problems with it at all. I've had it for about 6 months."

"I bought it from someone about 4 months ago I believe"

(as i found out by looking at old posts it was actually 7-8weeks.. lol what fisherman in a 16' boat buys something new like an HDS5 and has it 2 months of the summer then 'forgets' and thinks they've had it for 6 months)

We made our deal, and i put a check in the mail WITHIN AN HOUR. 12 hours later he says he will pack it up tight when he ships it out. 24hrs later this is what i see in my PM, copy/pasted folks.

"Hey I have someone that is local that may want this today. I'd rather deal local so I do not pay shipping fee's. Was just wondering if you sent the check yet? If not please hold off for now and I will let you know what happens. If you have sent it I may end up mailing you the check back.
Sorry for the late notice but hope you understand. It has not sold yet but two local people are wanting to get it today. If it doesn't happen I will follow up."

a few hours later:
"Disregard that last message bud. Sorry for the scare last minute. I haven't heard from these guys today and ...."

Yall git a room, geesh.

Can I get invited to that room? LOL

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: christopherjake] #5771412 01/28/11 01:00 AM
Baylor_Guy� Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
looks like you might get an invite to the gun show

boxing

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: ichliebe] #5774015 01/28/11 08:06 PM
Baylor_Guy� Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Just got my new business cards in from Coach L, wow these things look sweet!! They were cheaper and were delivered faster than vistaprint advertised. Will do business again with him very soon

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: tworod] #5787591 02/01/11 08:34 AM
T
TGM Not-So-Pro Team Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Sold a Curado to A-RON. Everything went great. I would recommend dealing with him if possible. He above and beyond what I asked of him to make the quick and easy. Thanks A-RON!

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: TGM Not-So-Pro Team] #5796015 02/02/11 08:27 PM
T
txninja Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
sold some baits to phillip lovett, fast and easy transaction.

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: txninja] #5796714 02/02/11 10:22 PM
P
PayneFish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
+1 on phillip lovett

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: TFF Staff] #5799812 02/03/11 05:16 PM
J
Jefe Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Id like to talk about randy12972.

I sent some stuff to his grandkid, which he obviously adores. He's trying to teach that kid about real life and the value of a dollar. When I sent his grandson this stuff, he PERSISTED, and PERSISTED, and PERSISTED, and PERSISTED to send me a thank you- so I finally did.

Well, it turns out he sent me some hooks as well as a "thanks".

He's a class act, and when he says "thanks" he really means it. I realize now that he sells some stuff on here, so the reason Im posting is to say that when crossing him you can rest assured he'll do right by you. He's a great part of the TFF community.

-JEFE

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: Jefe] #5802680 02/04/11 04:17 AM
B
BigCaseyB206 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I had a good transaction with TFF'er andrey on the purchase of a NIB Curado. He originally wanted to sell along with another reel, but I messaged him asking if he could split. He agreed, and after a couple messages to confirm availability and price, the deal was struck.

I sent payment thru Paypal Tues morning, and it couldn't have been 15 minutes later, I received a message back that he had mailed and he also provided me with tracking number.

I received the reel today from the postman, Thursday (2 days from WA), and the reel was exactly as promised.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from this man again, he made sure I was a satisfied customer, and to me that means alot.

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: BigCaseyB206] #5802869 02/04/11 05:35 AM
A
andrey Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
thanks, there is a post office down the street from my house and one next to my work so i usually ship fast. enjoy!!

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: Jefe] #5806037 02/04/11 09:29 PM
Mike Andrews Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Another thumb for randy12972. Ordered hooks from him on Tuesday and received them today bad weather and all.

Re: good trade/bad trade reports [Re: andrey] #5806047 02/04/11 09:31 PM
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Had a good F2F transaction with catfishsalsa on some reels, real nice guy

Reel Thrill’s Guide Service
Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Page 14 of 171 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 170 171
Previous Thread