Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Neumie] #5737443 01/19/11 08:54 PM
Carver Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
For the head count, I will be bringing at least one guest with me. If they don't show I'll just eat twice as much.

My favorite Crappie ( and Bass ) lake in the world is Purtis Creek, but because it is so far from the middle of the metroplex I would vote for something that will promote a good turnout. I DO want to catch some fish, but I would really like to see a good turnout this spring.

Grapevine and Roberts have both been good to me on occasion, but really they all sound good to me.

thanks for all the work Neumie !

Phill

Phill Pittman

www.dallascnc.com new website for product development

www.mariner-kayaks.com Best kayak source in Texas
Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Carver] #5737660 01/19/11 09:45 PM
N
Neumie Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
N
Lewisville, Grapevine, and Joe Pool would probably promote a greater turnout.

In the past, we've always been at Oak Grove Park on Grapevine. There are a couple more options like Meadowmere Park and some parks on the north shoreline, all I could get were streets called Murrell Park & Twin Coves Park.

I know Lewisville can be dangerous, but looking at Google earth are Pilot Knolls Park, Stewart Creek Park or Hidden Cove Park options? They seem to offer cleared shorelines and are off the main body of lake.

Joe Pool has several options available.

I'm just spit balling here. Sorry, after almost 2.5 years you'd think I'd have a better grasp on the lakes up here.

Last edited by Neumie; 01/19/11 10:02 PM.

"Water is life's matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water." -Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - Heraclitus
Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Neumie] #5739262 01/20/11 03:06 AM
F
FishingRythe Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Im new to the forums and soon to be new to texas, moving to Wichita Falls at the end of February for military orders.

Could anybody kind enough give me a quick run down of what this Spring GTG is all about and what you all normally do? Being new to the area i would love to attend any mass gathering of kayakers and hopefully meet some people and maybe make a few buddies to do some great days of kayak fishing.

Thanks for any information anybody could pass on to me would be greatly appreciated.

Spring 2011 North Texas GTG Golden Crate Winner!!!!
Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Neumie] #5739264 01/20/11 03:07 AM
F
FishingRythe Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Im new to the forums and soon to be new to texas, moving to Wichita Falls at the end of February for military orders.

Could anybody kind enough give me a quick run down of what this Spring GTG is all about and what you all normally do? Being new to the area i would love to attend any mass gathering of kayakers and hopefully meet some people and maybe make a few buddies to do some great days of kayak fishing.

Thanks for any information anybody could pass on to me would be greatly appreciated.

Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Neumie] #5739275 01/20/11 03:09 AM
F
FishingRythe Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F

Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Neumie] #5739283 01/20/11 03:10 AM
F
FishingRythe Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F

Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: FishingRythe] #5739410 01/20/11 03:44 AM
P
Pondbass Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Anywhere on Ray Roberts or Grapevine sound good for me. Any time is good except for spring break. I'll probably be shooting this one solo.

Austin Anderson
[Linked Image]
Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Pondbass] #5739624 01/20/11 04:50 AM
K
Kayak Catfish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
since I I live in Grapevine, that would be my first choice. I would be willing to drive to RayRob if that's what everybody else wants to do. The 9th or 16th either one is good for me.

Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Kayak Catfish] #5739704 01/20/11 05:25 AM
N
Neumie Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
N
Well, first thing FishingRythe is to not triple post. Ok, that was a joke.

The goal of the get together (GTG) is to have fun. Kayak fishermen have their areas of expertise, such as catfish, crappie or at the coast so this is to provide a venue to share that knowledge. Also, it allows those on the fence of kayak fishing to get out and ask questions to those who have been doing it for a while.

It's all about having fun. Typically this is how the GTG go:

I'll host a kayak fishing tournament (details to come later) early in the morning. That'll probably last until 2. While those who choose to participate in the tourny are fishing others show up at the park and set up for the GTG. Around noon a couple of us fire up the pots and start cooking. Adult beverages are enjoyed for those that choose to, a couple of fun games are played, and then we eat. It's pretty laid back. Whether you can stay all day or just an hour, it's a lot of fun.

"Water is life's matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water." -Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - Heraclitus
Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: Neumie] #5739788 01/20/11 06:26 AM
F
FishingRythe Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
omg wow i did do a ton of post, sorry about that. I think i got a 404 error about 5 times every time i tried to post, maybe it all just caught up at once. Boo for snow and slow internet smile

Thanks for the information i think that would be the best thing to attend since im new to the area and need to learn all about the waters and most of all find some fellow kayakers to do some seriously fun fishing with.

Ill keep a eye on this thread so i can see when and where it is going to be held, if its over a weekend and within 2 hrs or so im going to do everything i can to show up. Quick questions how do you judge the fish in the tourney do we need a live well or a way to bring the fish back alive to shore for judgement?

Sucks its not for another few months, i want to get out on my kayak so bad but this few feet of snow up here in MO is kinda of stopping that. Cant wait to see you all in TXs and getting to know all of you better.

Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: FishingRythe] #5739790 01/20/11 06:32 AM
P
Pondbass Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
The TFF's been slow lately and there's been a bunch of posting errors. I've been noticing it a lot

Austin Anderson
[Linked Image]
Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: FishingRythe] #5740274 01/20/11 02:41 PM
N
Neumie Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
N
My post seems way too early now that everyone is eyeing April for the GTG. Oh well, just getting the ball rolling early so hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

As for the tournament, it'll be catch-photo-release. Catch a bass, lay it on your measuring stick, take a photo of the fish with your assigned number for that day in the photo, release the fish, and record the length on a card that I will give you that morning. I'll have more details about the tourny when we get a lake/date set.

Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: FishingRythe] #5740481 01/20/11 03:29 PM
B
bert Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
FishingRythe,

Wichita falls is about 2.5-3 hours from any of the locations we are discussing, I have relatives in Vernon out west of there. You would just get on 287 and keep coming until you can see the metro mess. We usually do catch photo and release, you just need a digital camera and a measure stick.

Neumie usually tries to do anything to keep from being in the tournament because he's scared, I bought a spider monkey and I'm teaching it to cast/reel so I can tie on a rattle trap and take bets on the monkey outfishing him.

Bert

"Ipsa scientia potestas est"-Knowledge in itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

"Beware the lolipop of mediocrity, one lick and you could suck forever" - unknown author
Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: FishingRythe] #5740567 01/20/11 03:48 PM
R
Renaissance Angler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
The triple or double posting is forum related. It happened to me last night responding to another post when it took forever and error-ed out. Then I went back to the post and saw my triple response. I'm pretty savvy with a computer so I know I didn't do anything wrong to have caused it.

With that being said...I am DFW (Down for whatever)

Lake: DFW
Weekend: DFW
Food: DFW
Number or Attendees: 3

Re: North Texas Get Together [Re: bert] #5740568 01/20/11 03:48 PM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: bert

Neumie usually tries to do anything to keep from being in the tournament because he's scared, I bought a spider monkey and I'm teaching it to cast/reel so I can tie on a rattle trap and take bets on the monkey outfishing him.

you gunna put up with this neumie? stir

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide