Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
The Amistad Man's Weekend report #5488934 11/06/10 01:43 AM
The Amistad Man Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Hey Guys, well unfortunatly this weeks report is not a video one but the fishing has been great this week.

If your heading down to the big blue this weekend you can expect some pretty good fishing as the winds are getting better and the weather is cool and crisp. The water temps are slowly falling I found some 68 starting to mid 70's late in the day. The lows for this weekend are going to drop as well.

I found today that some of my better fished moved out a littler deeper to the first big drop closest to a shallow feeding area, as well as moved to the steep side of the secondary points and creek bends in the bigger coves.
We have done well with fish up to 5 on dd22's in blue/chart cranking pretty quick. jigs along the same ledges with more wood than grass has been effective as well. The bites are fewer but produce quality. When the wind is howling i have had to resort to dragging a c-rig with a Hags 6.5 in purple haze and had pretty decent results in adverse conditions. A spinner bait with gold or copper blades has been very productive as well. I have been using a chart/white minni me from S.O.B. spinnerbaits. There are still a good number of smaller fish in the backs of the major creeks and schoolies in the open water usually out in the middle of the creek or cove. fishing jerkbaits in natural colors aggresivly or if the wind permits weightless senkos and flukes can produce 30+ fish days. Topwater for us has been sparatic for us the spook around the brush and on the outside of grass has produced a couple throught the week. We had two nice fish on the buzz frog over 6lbs but not much else and they were on seperate days.

I hope this helps make your trip a little easier, and next week I should recieve my replacement video accessories lost on my kayak trip down the devils river. I will return to the video format as I cant type or spell, but I can fish.

I look forward to meeting all you fellow TFF'rs at the Fun N Sun Show in Hurst on Nov 20th. Please stop by and say hi it is always a pleasure to meet a fellow fisherman.

As always if I can help you in anyway make your trip down to the big blue a little easier then please feel free to give me a call wether you want to book with me or not, I am always willing to help. Or when in town stop by the Anglers Lodge Tackle shop and say hi.

Respectfully,

Jc Gwynne
(830)719-9006

[Linked Image]
Cast Away Guide Service
www.theamistadman.com
www.soblures.com
www.dobynsrods.com
River Street Lodging

Re: The Amistad Man's Weekend report [Re: The Amistad Man] #5492981 11/07/10 11:44 PM
A
Army Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Great job JC! I'll see you this weekend.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide