Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: gurgle eye] #4754981 04/19/10 11:57 PM
G
Grainraiser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: gurgle eye
Better for the fish to die and stink up the place than for needy families to be fed??.I disagree... it is the law, but sometimes exceptions can/should be made. To say they can all "go to hell" is childish. Some of you are obese and need to hit the gym, but I won't tell you to "go to hell". If someone is trying to feed their family by scooping up fish that will die otherwise...So be it

+1

Reggie

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: Grainraiser] #4756781 04/20/10 01:24 PM
S
steveh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I use a cast net to catch my shad and perch, so yeah I don't appreiciate the go to hell comment either. I have also caught some damn nice game fish in my cast net that I have returned to the waters. Difference is, I was fishing for fun, not to feed my family. If I needed to feed my family and didn't have the money, you darn right I'd be taking anything I could catch home. You would too. I can understand the animosity if they were catching game fish in the nets and using em for bait, but to eat? Seriously?

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: steveh] #4756799 04/20/10 01:32 PM
T
TheRodFather Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
If you noticed I did not call the GW though I could have easily and there would no place they could go back there..lol blocked in by the law...

but I didn't care that much..that spot is done anyway...just though it was kinda pathetic that these peeps can't catch a fish with hook and line...sound like cheaters to me... but cheaters oh I forgot the law doesn't apply to them.

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: TheRodFather] #4756824 04/20/10 01:39 PM
S
steveh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Not everyone can afford all the fancy tackle like we have. I see people talking trash about the guys that are out there fishing with line off of coke bottles. You use what you have man. If they cant afford a license, rod and reel and all the stuff you need to catch the fish, but still have mouths to feed, I see how a cast net would be more feasible.
Like I said, if they were catching game fish for bait, or to sell, then I can see I would stand against em too. But theyre not. People have gotta eat man.

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: steveh] #4756876 04/20/10 01:52 PM
T
TheRodFather Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
A cast net and all the problems associated with it are just as expensive as tackle so don't kid yourself...not to mention all the old nets that get left at the fishing hole that the cast netters leave...if they want to eat they can acquire a fishing license and catch legal fish by hook and line...otherwise I am sure the Gov. will give them some food stamps if they have a family to feed...they are just cheaters that either think they are above the law or don't even bother to read it.

Last edited by TheRodFather; 04/20/10 01:53 PM.

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: steveh] #4756881 04/20/10 01:53 PM
S
SilverKing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I have seen the Fish & Game department in other states temporarily suspend regulations when circumstances get like Rudy described earlier in this post. That would be a GOOD thing to do in a case like this & might possibly put an end to discussions like this that don't serve any purpose except to get people riled up.

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: SilverKing] #4757115 04/20/10 02:37 PM
G
gurgle eye Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Leave it to the "Tea Party" types who can't take the fact that hispanics will be the ruling majority one day soon to hate! I say get on a diet and lose some of your hostility along with a few pounds smile

My fish is bigger than yours!
Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: gurgle eye] #4757322 04/20/10 03:14 PM
G
Grainraiser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
I will never begrudge a man for trying to feed his family. I fish for sport but I know many people who fish to put food on the table. I also understand that many people are not as fortunate as me. Cast netting gamefish is illegal. I'm just willing to turn my back when some poor guy is only trying to put food on the table. If that makes me a bleeding heart liberal so be it.

Reggie

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: steveh] #4757374 04/20/10 03:30 PM
I
iluvfishin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
Originally Posted By: steveh
I use a cast net to catch my shad and perch, so yeah I don't appreiciate the go to hell comment either. I have also caught some damn nice game fish in my cast net that I have returned to the waters. Difference is, I was fishing for fun, not to feed my family. If I needed to feed my family and didn't have the money, you darn right I'd be taking anything I could catch home. You would too. I can understand the animosity if they were catching game fish in the nets and using em for bait, but to eat? Seriously?

Since when was that comment towards people using cast nets to net bait? It was towards the people netting game fish. Y'all need to calm down and stop getting your panties in a wad.

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: iluvfishin] #4757419 04/20/10 03:38 PM
T
TheRodFather Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
lol...tea party types...had to make it political now didn't you? Don't even get me started on that...I have no problem with any race of people...I just choose to obey and mantain the law..no exceptions...you guys seem to think differently than me.

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: TheRodFather] #4757477 04/20/10 03:52 PM
C
ctbassnut Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Welcome to the state of Mexas.

AZ gov for prez...Its about time someone wants to take america back!!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...300525298_n.jpg
Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: TheRodFather] #4757584 04/20/10 04:15 PM
S
steveh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Originally Posted By: TheRodFather
A cast net and all the problems associated with it are just as expensive as tackle so don't kid yourself...not to mention all the old nets that get left at the fishing hole that the cast netters leave...if they want to eat they can acquire a fishing license and catch legal fish by hook and line...otherwise I am sure the Gov. will give them some food stamps if they have a family to feed...they are just cheaters that either think they are above the law or don't even bother to read it.

A license alone is more than a 3-4 cast net. So how do you figure it is not any more expensive? As for rod and reel you can get a cheapo one between 10 and 20 bucks, tackle, and bait on top of license, and youre looking at about 50 bucks already.
Nets are always how poor folk catch fish to feed themselves, have been forever and a day. Its the same logic as trotlines and throw-lines, and irritates sport-fishers just the same. It gives people who are fishing for food a chance to haul in more than one fish at a time as cheaply as possible.
You would seriously rather have people on food-stamps then trying to catch their own dinner just because it annoys you? Think about it. That means either you and I will be paying to feed them on food-stamps because you dont approve of their method of harvesting their own food.
As for the cast nets that end up being left around, its not because theyre abandoning them I reason. Ive lost several cast nets to underwater snags. Sometime you cant get it loose, so you have to let the river have it. When youve got fast moving water like that, they usually eventually come loose and someone either hauls them up or they wash up downstream. Funny, I see em laying around a lot too. Who ever pulls them in always seems to cut the rope and all the weights off of them, and just leaves em. Ive seen fishermen of all types do it too

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: TheRodFather] #4757678 04/20/10 04:38 PM
G
gurgle eye Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Originally Posted By: TheRodFather
lol...tea party types...had to make it political now didn't you? Don't even get me started on that...I have no problem with any race of people...I just choose to obey and mantain the law..no exceptions...you guys seem to think differently than me.

You are wearing your "Tea Party" affections on your sleeve with your Sam Adams quote. The big cheerleaders of this "party" are hypocrites and most are obese fat heads (i.e. Hannity, Limbaugh,). The hypocrisy about crying about big government and then running behind government and law when it comes to fishing rules, game wardens, etc. is laughable. There aint gonna be no tea party revolution so just accept it.. one day in your lifetime we will have a Hispanic president and you guys will probably start forming militias! LOL!

My fish is bigger than yours!
Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: steveh] #4757696 04/20/10 04:41 PM
L
Lovfldx Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
OK guys, enough. I did not mean for this to get so near nasty! I was just stating a fact, it dries up when the water stops flowing, and the fish die due to lack of oxygen. Better to feed someone than to create a stench you have to experience to understand.

BTW, the place is NOT done. It is just done for a cycle! Next round of heavy rains that open up the gates at RR, LL, and the
Vine, and that place will be the best fishing hole you can think to find, until the spigot is shut off! i got too many yrs of fishing that spot to tell ya "it's done!" You just don't understand it cause you don't fish it like i do, or for as many years as i have!

Drop the name calling please. And i agree, absolutely no need to bring in race or politics! It's fishing, guys!

And i did mention that it was "food for thought". A cunundrum indeed! But leave the nasty stuff at the door, please!

Rudy

Re: GOOD NEWS! [Re: gurgle eye] #4757754 04/20/10 04:54 PM
T
TheRodFather Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
So you endorse breaking the law? (gurgle eye) If you read your argument it is attacking my want to obey the law...

It seems to me that you are another obviously under informed liberal who once again has been angered by logic and reason so you have to go into some sort of childish attack mode.. by calling people fattie heads and what not...lol

I hope that someday there is a Hispanic president.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide