Forums59
Topics1,039,337
Posts13,963,098
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #4201496 12/01/09 12:24 AM
kingdad101 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
Robber Rose didnt get a chance to finish the polygraph.. as you can read in this press release...

http://www.budlighttrail.com/BLT/newsrelease.html

and I think that was a BIG mistake..They should have given him the keys to the boat, then slapped the cuffs on.. he didn't have control of the boat.. I don't think much will happen to him..

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: kingdad101] #4201718 12/01/09 01:18 AM
C
CHUNK-N-WINDING Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Polygraphs are a joke, if the examiner isn't trained very well. I have a good friend who won a tournament on sandlin that failed a polygraph. The only thing that he told the truth about was his name according to the examiner. They put his partner on the poly and he passed. Turns out my friend has an irregular heartbeat. I don't have the answer to how you can prevent this from happening again but I am pretty certain that Mr. Rose is not the only one that has found a way to beat the system. If polygraphs were 100% accurate then they would be admissable in court. The only thing we could do is if you do get caught then the punishment is not worth even trying to cheat. I am talking ruining your life ie. spending a little time with Bubba and Bruno down in huntsville!

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: Jarrett Latta] #4202345 12/01/09 04:21 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
BASS Champs rules:
Quote:
Any previous conviction, charge, arrest, or investigation for a felony, a crime involving moral turpitude, or a crime related to, arising out of, or involving any fishing tournament or event, except with full, prior written disclosure to the Tournament Director under oath and by affidavit of all facts and circumstances surrounding such conviction, charge, arrest, or investigation at least ten (10) days before the Bass Champs event being entered, and thereafter subject to the Tournament Directors sole and absolute discretion that such conviction, charge, arrest, or investigation does not result in the Contestants honesty, integrity, character or qualifications to enter the event being unreasonably questionable.

BASS ABA weekender rules:
Quote:
Any disqualification suspension from, or other disciplinary action regarding any tournament or fishing organization shall be grounds for rejecting any application for participation in an ABA tournament and/or disqualification from an ABA tournament after circumstances are reviewed by the Tournament Director.

FLW rules:
Quote:
Conviction of a felony within the past 36 months.
Suspension/disqualification from any tournament or fishing organization.
Any other words, conduct or actions reflecting unfavorably upon efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament rules, or which fail to comply with the standards set forth in the first sentence of rule No. 8.
In case of any conduct not complying with the standards outlined above, FLW Outdoors shall have the right to refuse an application to compete, to deny a confirmed application to compete by returning the entry fee (minus deposits) or to disqualify a contestant.

My guess is he is not getting in. I doubt seriously if he would try anyway. The verbal abuse alone would keep him from coming to weigh in.

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: Allison1] #4202476 12/01/09 05:08 AM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
i think he would get more than verbal abuse at a weigh in...

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: senko9S] #4202517 12/01/09 05:36 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: senko9S
i think he would get more than verbal abuse at a weigh in...

Probably so

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: kingdad101] #4202827 12/01/09 01:45 PM
T
TX Largemmouth Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: kingdad101
Robber Rose didnt get a chance to finish the polygraph.. as you can read in this press release...

and I think that was a BIG mistake..They should have given him the keys to the boat, then slapped the cuffs on.. he didn't have control of the boat.. I don't think much will happen to him..

He wouldn't have won the boat even with the altered fish. .......he would have finished 2nd.

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: RedRanger] #4202833 12/01/09 01:47 PM
I
I. P. Daily Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I
This is still America last time I checked. He's INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

Robby's a good guy. I think there are a lot of people who are jealous of his past success. It is pure SPECULATION that he ever cheated in any tournament before this, and while it doesn't look good for him here, nothing has been proven yet.

Robby had the time and money (and he used it) to set out brushpiles on all the lakes he knew he would be competing on. He wasn't necessarily a better fisherman, but he laid the groundwork for his success by planting all of that brush.

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: I. P. Daily] #4202862 12/01/09 02:01 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: I. P. Daily

Robby's a good guy. I think there are a lot of people who are jealous of his past success. It is pure SPECULATION that he ever cheated in any tournament before this, and while it doesn't look good for him here, nothing has been proven yet.

Robby had the time and money (and he used it) to set out brushpiles on all the lakes he knew he would be competing on. He wasn't necessarily a better fisherman, but he laid the groundwork for his success by planting all of that brush.

Please stop drinking the Bong Water

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: I. P. Daily] #4202863 12/01/09 02:01 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
I P, with all due respect sir,he is not being convicted in a court of law here but in the court of common sense of which you are not showing much of to suggest that this highly successful tournie fisherman just woke up one day and said to himself, "gee I think I will become a cheater today and not use all the skills I have used to win in the past".

FREYED KNOT

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: I. P. Daily] #4202868 12/01/09 02:02 PM
Kenny aka (rodbender1) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Hmmm, seems like your definition of a "good guy" and ours is a little different confused.

Your are right it is pure speculation, but if he was as good as he looked on paper and worked as hard as he did for his accompishments, then why cheat even one time? Seems like to me if you could win hundreds of thousands of $'s the right way, then why not just keep doing it. I don't know just seems like the logical way of thinking to me. My guess/speculation is that he couldn't do it the right way and had to compensate.

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: I. P. Daily] #4202881 12/01/09 02:06 PM
S
SFAbassguy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

robby?

"celebrate success even if it's not your own"
Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: SFAbassguy] #4202946 12/01/09 02:31 PM
921ELITE Cranker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Robby's wife?

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: I. P. Daily] #4203024 12/01/09 02:55 PM
jwcromer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

are you out of your ever loving mind?

Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: I. P. Daily] #4203053 12/01/09 03:05 PM
GoArmy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Wow you have the perfect signature...just quit doing it in the wind. Cause your being blinded! If he had the time and money then why cheat this time? Sorry your loyalty to this man may be understood but so misguided.

Proud Father, Sons Served their country [Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image]RHBC
Re: Any Updates on the cheating story? [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #4203062 12/01/09 03:06 PM
T
Todd Castledine Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T

I would like to see what happened if he had finished the poly just to see what would have played out. Pass or Fail

Might give you a good idea of the past

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide