Print Thread
Beach permit #3904609 09/07/09 12:26 PM
B
bbushmaster Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
well this last saturday we were hounded about the permit some women was driving around in a golf cart trying to get every one to buy a sticker seemed kinda funny to me she didnt have any credentials just a vest that said staff I wasnt about to give her any money she came up to us twice finally we packed up and went to a free stretch of beach then when I got home I looked it up on crystal website they are enforcing the stickers if any officials read this I think you are wrong for doing this now since they are trying to get tourist back down there not run them off its too hard to even get one of these stickers as far as I know you can only get them at sweedes or some store in high island once on the beach you have to pack back up and drive damb near 20 miles its nothing but a money making scam anyway they made $8000 more than projected the first year then hired $8000 worth of police to enforce it now, sounds funny to me it could have just been because it was labor day weekend I could see enfocing it on the beaches on the main island but not on the paninsula give it a brake for a year or two atleast thats my opinion

Last edited by bbushmaster; 09/07/09 12:28 PM.

Re: Beach permit [Re: bbushmaster] #3904620 09/07/09 12:34 PM
B
bbushmaster Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
not to mention its 10 dollars untill December or if you wait till next year $5 if you buy Jan-Feb or $10 if buy after Feb for the whole year. why not pro rate, ten for 3 months come on

hell its cheaper for the pins and way nicer beaches further drive but worth it I am about to boycot boliver and start fishing McFaddin more I am tired of these deep pocketed so and so's

Last edited by bbushmaster; 09/07/09 12:38 PM.

Re: Beach permit [Re: bbushmaster] #3904663 09/07/09 01:07 PM
J
jigfisher Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Lol !!! I understand your frustration... a little different subject, but I hate the quote used "it is a privelage to drive on the Hwy"... Who the hell pays for it??? we already paying out the YaYa State & Fed taxes, & they want usage fees on top of it ???

Re: Beach permit [Re: jigfisher] #3905162 09/07/09 04:41 PM
R
rbentonrussell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Its only $10 bucks and they need all the help they can get. The storm messed up most of there revenue

Re: Beach permit [Re: rbentonrussell] #3905640 09/07/09 08:56 PM
B
bbushmaster Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
yeah I no as well as anybody about the storm and how it messed stuff up I was in it my point is actually I have a few points first with out the fee more people would go to the beach's there thus more revenue alot of people are either scared to be or just dont want to be in all that garbage if it was cleaner they would be more willing to pay the fee (I know the money would help that but thats how it is) second why should I have to pay 10 for 3 months when it cost 10 for a year "pro rate" I have more but who cares anyway I have lived and fished on that paninsula for 28 years and things just keep getting worse and worse this storm was just a convienent excuse. I do feel for those who lost there homes and buisness though and trust me the city itself isnt hurting for revenue what happened to the 2 mil they were given just before the storm for hwy 87 reconstruction dont hear about that anymore, its the small buisness community that needs the help how much do you think those buisness's make from those stickers

Re: Beach permit [Re: bbushmaster] #3906559 09/08/09 02:12 AM
R
rbentonrussell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
You have your opion but if you want to bitch and not pay for something that has been in affect for several years then stay at home. As for being clean it is very clean down there. If you want pics i can send you over two hundred of how messed up it was and to how clean it is now. I go down there every weekend and have been for 26 years and if it was trash on the beach you need to talk to the patrons down there. The trash man will go through tommorrow and clean all the trash up.

Re: Beach permit [Re: rbentonrussell] #3908150 09/08/09 04:53 PM
B
bbushmaster Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
I have had a sticker every year since its implementation but did not get one this year because there wasnt anywhere to get one untill recently and trust me I know about the mess I dont need your pics I was in the storm I agree the streets are cleaned up but go on the beach close to roll over there is metal, glass, pieces of every thing under the sun "trash" from the storm the stickers are supposed to pay for that to be cleaned I dont meen the patrons garbage actually thats not so bad and for the record I dont care about the mess so bad but I have had people come in from out of town a few times this summer that were afraid to let there children play at the beach because of the mess I guess it just p'd me off that they kinda threw this on me at the end of the summer if they would have done it earlier in the summer there wouldnt have been a problem or maybe even put up a sign at high island and at the ferry telling people they need one before they get to the beach

Re: Beach permit [Re: bbushmaster] #3908682 09/08/09 07:06 PM
C
coors man Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
do you have to have this permit if you are on high island

Last edited by coors man; 09/08/09 07:06 PM.

cold beer and live bait
Re: Beach permit [Re: coors man] #3910383 09/09/09 02:56 AM
R
rbentonrussell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I did not know about the trash that far down. I dont frequent that part of the beach. I frequent from crystal beach rd to the pocket.

Re: Beach permit [Re: rbentonrussell] #3911813 09/09/09 03:28 PM
R
rod dawg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I believe the sticker is from the pocket to Dirty Pelican's Pier in Gilchrist. Beach east of Dirty Pelican's Pier requires no beach sticker. You can get the sticker at most open convenience stores (TJ's, the big grocery store, Exxon at H.I.,etc.)

We fish Bolivar Peninsula on a regular basis, mainly around the High Island area. Every now and then we will fish the pocket, Crystal and Ramada Beach (Sun Oil area). I have never seen a sign posted about beach permits required (pre and post Ike).

About the trash issue, there is plenty of it along the beach. We always pay the $10 beach permit. I was told, the money was suppose to go to beach maintenance. Porta Potties, trash barrels,etc. I have seen some improvement, but not alot. It gets worse during the holiday weekends. On our weekend get togethers, we have a large group of yakkers that will pickup the extra trash around our area during our fishing extravaganzas. It still shocks me to see ppl just throw their garbage where they see fit. Even when they're 5 yards from the new blue trash barrels. I do have to admit that Gorda and PINS have very well maintained beaches. Just wish it was the same for the Upper Coast. I say the County should use inmate trustees or defendants on community service and have them comb the beaches. The only problem I can foresee is that the beaches will be clean for a couple of days until the ill mannered beach goers come down.

Re: Beach permit [Re: rod dawg] #3912633 09/09/09 06:27 PM
C
coors man Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
thanks for the info. we went sunday there was a lot where we were.gonna take trash bags next time and pick up what we can .i think if everbody would do this it would help a little. it only takes a few to pick up a lot of trash.

cold beer and live bait
Re: Beach permit [Re: coors man] #3913584 09/09/09 09:39 PM
R
rbentonrussell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I would help if people would bag it up and leave by the cans if they are full and the man will come around and pick it up.

Re: Beach permit [Re: coors man] #3917010 09/10/09 05:51 PM
B
bbushmaster Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: coors man
do you have to have this permit if you are on high island
nope its free beach from the old dirty pelican pier east to the county line

Previous Thread
Index