Forums59
Topics1,039,894
Posts13,971,787
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: sadibo] #2352374 06/10/08 02:16 PM
steve@S2Marine Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Any of you guys are more than welcome to fish around my dock.
I never have time to fish anyway.

i'll just watch from my window....lol.. good luck catching them!

smile

www.hydrodynamics-usa.com
info@hydrodynamics-usa.com
903-763-5225
www.s2marine.com
s2marinesales@gmail.com
Blazer Boats, Gambler boats and Legend Craft Boats

Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: MTGMAN] #2353318 06/10/08 05:43 PM
B
Bfail Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Wasnt there a big threat not to long ago in a BASS tourny? I forgot who and where it was, but someone shot at one of the guys fishing a dock. Makes you think twice about some of these people.

If the person is rude, just move on and forget about it. There are plenty of docks and bass in the lake.

Wreck 'em
Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: Bfail] #2353595 06/10/08 06:48 PM
Baylor_Guy� Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
yeah some 80 yr old guy got mad at a bunch of bass fisherman because he thought they ran over his catfish lines and shot one of the guys with a 12 ga and killed him. them old people are crazy

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: Baylor_Guy�] #2353691 06/10/08 07:13 PM
B
Bfail Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Yea there was another incident though. Anyways, just watch out, those crazy B's are out there

Wreck 'em
Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: Ts] #2354822 06/11/08 02:56 AM
Y
Yassir Sanchez Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Y
Originally Posted By: Ts
I have my own place with a dock on good fishing water, and I love to fish it and other docks. I have run acrosss all the people described in this thread, and if any dock owner ever asked me to leave and not fish his dock, I would gladly leave.

I see both sides, I know my rights to fish anywhere, but there are enough docks that a few missed won't matter.

Why, you ask???? I understand where the grouches are coming from. Life is too short for any of us. Most of them, all they want is to be left alone in thier little corner of the world, or lake, that they have worked and saved for. We never know what that person has gone through in life, the hard time, the prices paid. I would never want to intrude in thier little spot of happiness. No fish is worth that. If my leaving thier dock at least lets them have a little happiness, it's worth it.

But anyone I catch fishing my dock has to at least let me know what they are biting on!! ...Ts

Good post.

Here is a story that relates pretty good to this post.

My Mom and Dad own a place on Lake Conroe. Dad feeds the fish on a daily basis. Accordingly several local fisherman have figured out that their boat dock has a pretty steady population of fish in residence. Not to long ago there was a fisherman anchored a few yards from their dock (he fishes around their dock quite regulary, older gentleman, nice guy). Dad saw him fishing there and went down to the dock and told him that we were having a family gathering that day and he was hoping that his Grandchildren would be able to catch a few catfish. And would the gentleman mind fishing somewhere else that day? The gentleman said no problem and went somewhere else. The Grandkids showed up later and had a good day catching fish.

Everybody won.

Life is not near as complicated as some people would like it to be.

Life is too short to get bent out of shape about much of anything short of someone threatening the life of your loved ones.

Does not matter what you are doing, if you think of your Grandmother looking over your shoulder whatever you are doing and act in a manner that she would approve of you are probably okay.

Last edited by Yassir Sanchez; 06/11/08 03:02 AM.

"You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket - you might have caught a fish"
-- Darrell Royal
Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: Bfail] #2356294 06/11/08 02:47 PM
O
One fish Bill Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Originally Posted By: Bfail
Yea there was another incident though. Anyways, just watch out, those crazy B's are out there

It was the Bass Masters Classic in LA. A guy shot at Gary Klien. Heres some links.
http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk.asp?archive=8/22/2003

http://www.bassfan.com/rayscott_article.asp?ID=25

But there have several more including 1 involving Stacy King. Not to mention the 1 reported here last year on Lake Worth.

Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: One fish Bill] #2356307 06/11/08 02:51 PM
B
Bfail Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
yea, that was the one I had heard about. Some people!

Wreck 'em
Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: Bfail] #2356506 06/11/08 03:47 PM
PGR Mike Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The former owner of the Benbrook Marina found out what would happen if he shot at a boat. Charges were filed and he plead it out.

Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: PGR Mike] #2356718 06/11/08 04:53 PM
E
EarlG Offline
Angler
Angler
E
Since this tread won't die, I have another comment. It is interesting to watch people fish my dock. You can tell the crappy fishermen, they just buzz by making a couple of off target casts and wonder why they don't catch anything.

Then, about every 20 boats or so someone comes by who knows what they are doing. I hate to see those guys. They pick the dock apart with casts right in tiny spots and always catch at least a couple of shorties, even if you think they are not biting.

I usually jump in the water and splash around when those guys show up. Just kidding, don't get excited.

Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: ripnlip] #2357328 06/11/08 07:28 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted By: ripnlip
Well....For one thing all the grumpy old men in yalls stories just need to go sit down somewhere before they fall and hurt themselves. The guy who said you should dock your boat and seek shelter in that situation was a hall monitor in school. Get real, I got a hundred dollars on this tourney dummy. And anyone who is grumpy towards bass fishermen(who are being polite and respectful of the dock's owners) need to call Dr. Phil. Your not mad at me, your mad at your father!

Originally Posted By: baylor_guy
yeah some 80 yr old guy got mad at a bunch of bass fisherman because he thought they ran over his catfish lines and shot one of the guys with a 12 ga and killed him. them old people are crazy

Yeah, I hope that ol RipnLip reads this ... them grumpy old men have done lived their life, so what you gonna threaten them with ????? They ain't really got much to lose. And they don't really care about your $100 and your T.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: EarlG] #2357787 06/11/08 10:33 PM
G
Guns Donavan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Originally Posted By: EarlG
Since this tread won't die, I have another comment. It is interesting to watch people fish my dock. You can tell the crappy fishermen, they just buzz by making a couple of off target casts and wonder why they don't catch anything.

Then, about every 20 boats or so someone comes by who knows what they are doing. I hate to see those guys. They pick the dock apart with casts right in tiny spots and always catch at least a couple of shorties, even if you think they are not biting.

I usually jump in the water and splash around when those guys show up. Just kidding, don't get excited.

TB guy eh?

Where are you at.. I'm in the Pendleton Harbour sub, at the 21/6 highway bridge.

Anyway.. it is pretty funny to watch boat after boat come into my cove throwing whatever baits. During tournaments, if I was a fish, I'd be shell shocked having flashbacks to Viet Nam.

Later when the herd has left I use my trolling motor and cruise around the area with Carolina rigs and take my time.

meh.. just saying. cool

Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: RayBob] #2359577 06/12/08 02:21 PM
G
grandpa75672 Offline
G
Well. I don't own a dock but I'm gong to put my 2 cents worth in about the attitudes of certain fishermen, specifically, the amateur bass tourney fisherman with the $30,000 bass boat who paid the $100 entry fee and thinks he owns all the water in the lake, even the water I'm anchored on with my several lines in the water waiting on catfish on a hole that I baited.
This happened several years ago on Lake of the Pines at Johnson Creek during some pretty big tournament. I'm sitting about 20 yards off shore and here come the whole parade of bass boats single file up one side of the creek and down the other. They didn't seem to realize I was there. The tossed their baits around my lines, across my lines, one even hit the side of my boat. One guy even cussed me out cause he got tangled in one of my bottom rigs and played it like he had a big bass on.

It's the attitude that these imbeciles portray that make dock owners irate. If they get snagged on a deep set trot line the dock owner has running off his dock, the idiot get mad and cuts the trot line. If he gets his treble hook snagged on the boat carpet, dock carpet, swim ladder he leaves it for the kids to get caught on.

It's the attitude that "I spent my hard earned money for this fancy boat and high priced gear and entry fee and I am going to do anything I can to catch that bass under your dock" that makes people mad. When I was fortunate enough to live on Big Cypress Bayou above Caddo Lake I've had ski boats drive by close enough to spray me and my kids sitting on the dock.

It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.... W.C.Fields

I know a little about a lot of things but not a whole lot about anything....CGD
Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: grandpa75672] #2360577 06/12/08 07:15 PM
S
scott72t Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Last year while fishing off a huge dock on Lake Fork my wife was complaing about me forgetting the ice. Out comes the dock owner from this little building on the dock carry a big bucket of ice to the boat, she said "My husband always forgets ice too."

I've seen a few dock owners give us the evil eye on Fork but that been about it. Most of the time on the smaller lakes i fish it's more like visiting neighbors.

Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: scott72t] #2361070 06/12/08 10:13 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted By: scott72t
Last year while fishing off a huge dock on Lake Fork my wife was complaing about me forgetting the ice. Out comes the dock owner from this little building on the dock carry a big bucket of ice to the boat, she said "My husband always forgets ice too."

Now that's pretty cool!

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Rudest dock owners /payback a success [Re: grandpa75672] #2363530 06/13/08 03:33 PM
K
KrappyJig Offline
Angler
Angler
K
Originally Posted By: grandpa75672
Well. I don't own a dock but I'm gong to put my 2 cents worth in about the attitudes of certain fishermen, specifically, the amateur bass tourney fisherman with the $30,000 bass boat who paid the $100 entry fee and thinks he owns all the water in the lake, even the water I'm anchored on with my several lines in the water waiting on catfish on a hole that I baited.
This happened several years ago on Lake of the Pines at Johnson Creek during some pretty big tournament. I'm sitting about 20 yards off shore and here come the whole parade of bass boats single file up one side of the creek and down the other. They didn't seem to realize I was there. The tossed their baits around my lines, across my lines, one even hit the side of my boat. One guy even cussed me out cause he got tangled in one of my bottom rigs and played it like he had a big bass on.

It's the attitude that these imbeciles portray that make dock owners irate. If they get snagged on a deep set trot line the dock owner has running off his dock, the idiot get mad and cuts the trot line. If he gets his treble hook snagged on the boat carpet, dock carpet, swim ladder he leaves it for the kids to get caught on.

It's the attitude that "I spent my hard earned money for this fancy boat and high priced gear and entry fee and I am going to do anything I can to catch that bass under your dock" that makes people mad. When I was fortunate enough to live on Big Cypress Bayou above Caddo Lake I've had ski boats drive by close enough to spray me and my kids sitting on the dock.

I have a special saying about these guys "Ignorance Breeds Arrogance" You have someone who was raised lower middle class and down by possibly less than wonderful parents and then they accidentally get a great paying job that they believe makes them the upper crust of this country.They are some how entitled to more than the people they grew up with and better than the people who earned all they have got.I do feel better knowing the foreclosure situation will weed out some of these types and dock them for a while, while all the time slapping the Hell ouuta them into reality OOOPPPSSSSS sorry i made a biblical naughty word.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide