Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lake Ralph Hall #15055187 04/23/24 09:47 PM
split cane rod Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
While everyone is breathlessly talking about Bois D’Arc, another lake is set to open in a couple of years near Ladonia! Just think… right when BDA is coming into its own, Lake Ralph Hall will be opening! Hopefully, by then, all these crocodile tears will have dried and folks will have given Fork enough rest that she’ll start back turning out the huge fish she used to. It’s amazing to me that all I’ve heard for the past year or more is Bois D’Arc over and over, but now that it’s open, folks are complaining about how terrible the parking is and how awful the locust trees are.

It was by accident I saw something on YouTube about Lake Ralph Hall. All the fish shelters and habitat and structure they’re making and building for the fish is beyond amazing to me. I should be retiring about the time LRH opens and is available to the public! To me, this lake seems to be the one everyone should be excited about!

JR

Split Cane Rod
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: split cane rod] #15055316 04/24/24 12:16 AM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
just another good cat fish lake... roflmao

https://www.facebook.com/reel/385569421051504

bolt

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: split cane rod] #15055329 04/24/24 12:41 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Another lake too dang far to help the Houston area. You know, Houston, the 4th largest city in the USA? Soon to be the 3rd largest.........

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: split cane rod] #15055584 04/24/24 12:33 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
It's good they are getting Ralph Hall complete soon. Based on what I saw in DFW this weekend they probably already need the capacity, The lakes that are proposed east of me here in Delta county are being fought tooth and nail by the locals. I figure with the demand for water headed where it is they are beating a dead horse. They'll probably start building those as soon as Hall is complete.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #15055645 04/24/24 01:33 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
It's good they are getting Ralph Hall complete soon. Based on what I saw in DFW this weekend they probably already need the capacity, The lakes that are proposed east of me here in Delta county are being fought tooth and nail by the locals. I figure with the demand for water headed where it is they are beating a dead horse. They'll probably start building those as soon as Hall is complete.

sadly a lot of the time the “locals” are led to protest by a “pied piper” who has other intentions and the “locals” are simply pawns in their game

loud and only informed of one side of an issue is dangerous, yet it’s what seems to be the norm these days

Marvin Nichols is an interesting reservoir that hopefully will be built.

#MFGA
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: split cane rod] #15056108 04/25/24 02:51 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Looks like several houses along 34 were the new bridge went in where the lake will start filling in 2026, thats got to suck for those folks

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 04/25/24 02:52 AM.
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: Douglas J] #15057103 04/26/24 12:42 PM
O
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by Douglas J

sadly a lot of the time the “locals” are led to protest by a “pied piper” who has other intentions and the “locals” are simply pawns in their game

loud and only informed of one side of an issue is dangerous, yet it’s what seems to be the norm these days

As vocal as these folks are getting I'm afraid this one might actually turn violent. I get e-mails from the group representing the property owners, no threats but they are letting the state know they won't go down without a fight.
I noticed on the map I recently saw they've taken the other lakes off the table apparently that were supposed to built between where I live and Marvin Nichols. One of those was supposed to back right up to the Cooper Lake Dam. If they built that one they would probably get my place. I wouldn't be in the lake but probably the flood plane.
I drove across the 34 bridges at Ralph Hall yesterday. The one thing I noticed is it will have some really good deep crappie holes.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: split cane rod] #15057287 04/26/24 03:12 PM
S
Strugglebus Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
S
Can someone explain how North Texas keeps getting lakes when they have so many already? The rest of Texas REALLY needs more lakes. The fat get fatter....

Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: Strugglebus] #15057296 04/26/24 03:25 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Strugglebus
Can someone explain how North Texas keeps getting lakes when they have so many already? The rest of Texas REALLY needs more lakes. The fat get fatter....

Lakes are put where the watersheds that can support them are. In Texas, that means where it rains and the rivers/creeks flow. In addition, you put water sources as close to where they are needed as possible. If I remember this right, the DFW MSA/CSA area (Waco to Durant) is the 5th largest in the country. And the population of greater than the rest of the state combined.

Correction, the CSA is #6 and is over 26% or the entire state's population, not more than half.

Last edited by David Burton; 04/26/24 03:29 PM.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: Strugglebus] #15057297 04/26/24 03:26 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

Because that area gets rain, OH Ivie and Choke are good examples of lakes that never fill up

Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: SC-001] #15057308 04/26/24 03:37 PM
O
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by SC-001

Because that area gets rain, OH Ivie and Choke are good examples of lakes that never fill up

It's the rate of DFW population growth that is driving the new lakes. Based on what I saw this past weekend while I was there by the time they get Ralph Hall on line they are going to still not have enough capacity to feed everything. Honestly I wish they'd look at building lakes in the Trinity Basin south of DFW. They could recirculate a lot of the water they are using. From what I understand the city of Atlanta, Georgia is already doing something similar.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 04/26/24 03:38 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #15057327 04/26/24 03:48 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by Douglas J

As vocal as these folks are getting I'm afraid this one might actually turn violent. I get e-mails from the group representing the property owners, no threats but they are letting the state know they won't go down without a fight.
I noticed on the map I recently saw they've taken the other lakes off the table apparently that were supposed to built between where I live and Marvin Nichols. One of those was supposed to back right up to the Cooper Lake Dam. If they built that one they would probably get my place. I wouldn't be in the lake but probably the flood plane.
I drove across the 34 bridges at Ralph Hall yesterday. The one thing I noticed is it will have some really good deep crappie holes.

My place must be fairly close to you but on higher ground. The last time I looked either Marvin Nichols or Marvin Nichols 2 would cover about 20 acres of my low areas....but I would have a peninsula with Lakefront on all 3 sides. I figured it would be done way after my time but it looks like maybe a possibility if they ramp it up....

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #15057365 04/26/24 04:22 PM
S
Strugglebus Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
S

It's the rate of DFW population growth that is driving the new lakes. Based on what I saw this past weekend while I was there by the time they get Ralph Hall on line they are going to still not have enough capacity to feed everything. Honestly I wish they'd look at building lakes in the Trinity Basin south of DFW. They could recirculate a lot of the water they are using. From what I understand the city of Atlanta, Georgia is already doing something similar.

I get that, but the fact that we dont get much rain is the very reason we need more lakes. Lakes like Canyon, Travis and Medina are going dry because SA/Austin is growing like crazy also, in addition to the drought. If we had more lakes to draw from, the lakes we have wouldnt constantly be drying out. Saying we are building lakes where it rains seems counterintuitive to me. Like feeding fat people instead of the starving ones. We are starving down here, and it only seems like it is going to get worse. For those of you who dont know how bad it is, Medina is at 2% capacity, and most of our other lakes are around 50%.

Last edited by Strugglebus; 04/26/24 04:22 PM.
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: Strugglebus] #15057422 04/26/24 05:06 PM
split cane rod Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler

I get that, but the fact that we dont get much rain is the very reason we need more lakes. Lakes like Canyon, Travis and Medina are going dry because SA/Austin is growing like crazy also, in addition to the drought. If we had more lakes to draw from, the lakes we have wouldnt constantly be drying out. Saying we are building lakes where it rains seems counterintuitive to me. Like feeding fat people instead of the starving ones. We are starving down here, and it only seems like it is going to get worse. For those of you who dont know how bad it is, Medina is at 2% capacity, and most of our other lakes are around 50%.

Dubai has been in the news lately for the flooding there. I’ve been to Dubai numerous times when I was working in Iraq and Afghanistan. They normally get less than 5” of rain in a year’s time. Recently, as I read, they ‘seeded’ the clouds experimentally, and they got floods that wreaked havoc on the area. Normally, they pull sea water and desalinate it.

As I watched the news about Cali and Utah sucking their lakes dry, I’ve wondered to myself about why they don’t do the same. I did read an article saying that it would be too expensive. REALLY? More expensive than drilling an aqueduct through the mountains to take water from Eastern rivers?

Same question… Why doesn’t Houston pull water from the Gulf of Mexico and desalinate it? It’s pretty much an endless supply! No hate towards the folks in the Houston area. My son lives in Alvin. I just don’t know why all the tree-huggers want to take the sun’s energy and the wind’s power to generate electricity, but they don’t figure out how to make fresh water out of the seas that are supposedly rising and going to destroy all the coastal areas?

JR

Split Cane Rod
Re: Lake Ralph Hall [Re: Strugglebus] #15057459 04/26/24 05:40 PM
H
Hook'Em 79 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
H

Lakes are built to sell the water back to municipalities. If they can’t get a product to sell then why invest the money.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide