Forums59
Topics1,039,915
Posts13,972,214
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bois D’Arc Lake Fishing Report Friday April 19th [Re: Hog Hunter 257] #15053344 04/21/24 10:10 PM
H
Harleydude Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Originally Posted by Hog Hunter 257
Well here's another Texas lake that's fixing to be ruined like lake fork was and Ivie is and jb thomas if people would stop post about the lake it would stay a nice lake for the locals like Ivie was for west Texans

Everyone in the metro mess and east Texas has known about that lake being built for years. It was never going to be a secret honey hole for locals.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bois D’Arc Lake Fishing Report Friday April 19th [Re: cruzfishing] #15053346 04/21/24 10:11 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I just got back. Always wanted to check the box of fishing a new lake when it opened. This is my take. Fishing was good. Caught around 25 from 7-3 oclcok. I was fishing solo and best 5 went 23 pounds with big fish of 5.98. I did not catch any dinks. Average fish was around 2-2.5. No 10
Inchers. Lake was crowded as expected and at one point pretty much a boat every 30-40 yards. It was the most crowded I have ever felt on any body of water even Ivie. Today was post front so I know that it wasn’t a good “fishing day” but with work crazy it was one of my only chances for a bit. Talked to several people that didn’t catch but 2’or 3 all day and as expected lake had a morning bite.

Pattern I got on was actually bed fishing the old
Bank line using livescope. Some fish took me 3 minutes to catch some took 30
Minutes but eventually they all ate at least the ones I was fishing for.

The cons.
The parking is a complete chit show. The 897 ramp or whatever the closest one is to 82 is horrific when bass fishermen cannot follow the rules and park in designated spots. They have 3 rows and perimeter fencing and it’s tight . When people decided to make their own spots around the perimeter they were blocking in boats. Couldn’t back up because you would hit the row behind you. Couldn’t pull forward and make the swing because you would hit the boat/ truck to your left or right. They def need to get a handle on it. I had about an inch to spare on my trailer and an inch to spare from hitting the idiot that blocked me in. I’d bet money if you go several times chances are real strong you will eventually get your trailer hit.

Overalll good experience. Lake looked as expected and fished as expected. The crowds were more than anticipated but that’s what you get for fishing a new lake on a Sunday. Only thing they really screwed up on was the parking imo. I’ll be back but I wouldn’t say anybody here should just be dying to go. It has a squaw creek vibe to me. I went to the first spot that looked good and started swinging- pretty easy fishing. After the morning bite it got slightly more complicated but not rocket science imo.

Re: Bois D’Arc Lake Fishing Report Friday April 19th [Re: Barrett] #15053381 04/21/24 10:58 PM
C
ColoradoAg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by Barrett
I just got back. Always wanted to check the box of fishing a new lake when it opened. This is my take. Fishing was good. Caught around 25 from 7-3 oclcok. I was fishing solo and best 5 went 23 pounds with big fish of 5.98. I did not catch any dinks. Average fish was around 2-2.5. No 10
Inchers. Lake was crowded as expected and at one point pretty much a boat every 30-40 yards. It was the most crowded I have ever felt on any body of water even Ivie. Today was post front so I know that it wasn’t a good “fishing day” but with work crazy it was one of my only chances for a bit. Talked to several people that didn’t catch but 2’or 3 all day and as expected lake had a morning bite.

The cons.
The parking is a complete chit show. The 897 ramp or whatever the closest one is to 82 is horrific when bass fishermen cannot follow the rules and park in designated spots. They have 3 rows and perimeter fencing and it’s tight . When people decided to make their own spots around the perimeter they were blocking in boats. Couldn’t back up because you would hit the row behind you. Couldn’t pull forward and make the swing because you would hit the boat/ truck to your left or right. They def need to get a handle on it. I had about an inch to spare on my trailer and an inch to spare from hitting the idiot that blocked me in. I’d bet money if you go several times chances are real strong you will eventually get your trailer hit.

Overalll good experience. Lake looked as expected and fished as expected. The crowds were more than anticipated but that’s what you get for fishing a new lake on a Sunday. Only thing they really screwed up on was the parking imo. I’ll be back but I wouldn’t say anybody here should just be dying to go. It has a squaw creek vibe to me. I went to the first spot that looked good and started swinging- pretty easy fishing. After the morning bite it got slightly more complicated but not rocket science imo.

We were right next to you when you caught that 5.98. That shoreline was on fire this morning.

Re: Bois D’Arc Lake Fishing Report Friday April 19th [Re: ColoradoAg] #15053390 04/21/24 11:12 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ColoradoAg
Originally Posted by Barrett

The cons.

We were right next to you when you caught that 5.98. That shoreline was on fire this morning.

Enjoyed meeting yall

Re: Bois D’Arc Lake Fishing Report Friday April 19th [Re: cruzfishing] #15053396 04/21/24 11:20 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
Sounds like a fun lake. I’m just glad that it’s going to take alot of pressure off Fork.

Re: Bois D’Arc Lake Fishing Report Friday April 19th [Re: cruzfishing] #15053428 04/22/24 12:29 AM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Don't fish the shoreline on a new lake.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide