O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
The GOAT roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

One of the 2 greatest, just after KVD and Roland, might be able to list a few more if I had to...

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: grout-scout] #15034279 04/02/24 01:35 PM
TBassYates Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Allison1
He was not talking about its affect on competitive bass fishing as much as he was talking about how it reveals more about bass behavior and how to find them.

Here is a more recent interview with him saying that from now on you can't say you're the best if you don't use FFS. A statement I totally disagree with. Take a bunch of these new fishermen and put them on a lake without their fancy boat electronics and they can't win a thing.
FFS may be the start of different levels of competitive bass fishing. None of the FFS experts, or relatively few can compete without it. None of the non FFS experts, or relatively few can compete with it.

The guy who can go out and catch the most fish without all the newest tech will always be the best IMO.
The guy who knows the most about their environment, what affects them and what makes them bite.

How many of the non-scopers did good at Fork? Not very many, your theory is blown out right there.

What I would like to know is how many Scopers caught fish with techniques not associated with the FFS. i persoally know of some real known scopers who caught fish on Frogs, Swim Jigs, Flipping jigs, soft plastics and Spinnerbait. I am seeing a combination of fish being caught scoping and the addition of fish caught not scoping as being a major advantage for some. I think for me that would be the way I would be fishing if I was back at the age when I was learning the sport.

[Linked Image]
Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: Douglas J] #15034293 04/02/24 01:47 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
If the winning fish are to be had scoping why would guys who can scope go flip bushes..... that would be stupid. About as stupid as the old guys who are crying about it rather than learning it. Grab on to the future or become part of the past. Does anybody really give a ratz arse about watching a guy like Mark Menendez.

Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: Mark Perry] #15034339 04/02/24 02:40 PM
S
Strugglebus Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
S
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I think this is one of the best I have watched. He makes a lot of good points, and knows how to communicate without being rude. Thanks for posting this.

Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: WAWI] #15034387 04/02/24 03:05 PM
TBassYates Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by WAWI
If the winning fish are to be had scoping why would guys who can scope go flip bushes..... that would be stupid. About as stupid as the old guys who are crying about it rather than learning it. Grab on to the future or become part of the past. Does anybody really give a ratz arse about watching a guy like Mark Menendez.

So you are saying the 7lb fish that Trey McKinney caught to secure his win on Fork was stupid just because he flipped a jig on a boat dock to catch it. That when Dustin Connell won the Heavy Hitters tournament at Palestine was stupid because he caught a ton of fish with his Swim Jig in 2 feet of water in flooded bushes to go along with his Scoping fish. And that he started out a couple of mornings throwing a Spinnerbait in the current in his Redcrest win recently.
What I am saying is a lot of Scopers if you watch a lot of highlight videos in tournaments this year have caught fish other than scoping to get to their weights and not 100% of a lot of their weights were from bass caught when scoping. I talked with a couple of guys that fished the Fork tournament that didn't do as well as they thought they would who mainly scope but they both had to abandon that and start shallow fishing to do anything at all in the tournament.
There are quite a few guys that are mainly scopers who have done good in tournaments this year that didn't scope 100% of the time, they were just stupid and went to flipping bushes etc and caught fish.

[Linked Image]
Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #15034462 04/02/24 04:23 PM
Brian Spagnola Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Nobody in crappie makes a living fishing crappie tournaments. It’s technology. Adapt or get left behind. That’s my 2 cents.

Slew thumb

Hayden Jeffries from Mississippi does, along with a few others, there are pros who make a living fishing crappie tournaments.

Hayden yes, and a VERY few others.

Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: TBassYates] #15034487 04/02/24 04:42 PM
H
Harleydude Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Originally Posted by TBassYates
Originally Posted by WAWI

So you are saying the 7lb fish that Trey McKinney caught to secure his win on Fork was stupid just because he flipped a jig on a boat dock to catch it. That when Dustin Connell won the Heavy Hitters tournament at Palestine was stupid because he caught a ton of fish with his Swim Jig in 2 feet of water in flooded bushes to go along with his Scoping fish. And that he started out a couple of mornings throwing a Spinnerbait in the current in his Redcrest win recently.
What I am saying is a lot of Scopers if you watch a lot of highlight videos in tournaments this year have caught fish other than scoping to get to their weights and not 100% of a lot of their weights were from bass caught when scoping. I talked with a couple of guys that fished the Fork tournament that didn't do as well as they thought they would who mainly scope but they both had to abandon that and start shallow fishing to do anything at all in the tournament.
There are quite a few guys that are mainly scopers who have done good in tournaments this year that didn't scope 100% of the time, they were just stupid and went to flipping bushes etc and caught fish.

I think it was pretty clear in that tournament that the guys that made adjustments every day did the best. The ones that focused on “fishing my way” typically did not. FFS was key to those guys finding and following those fish on a daily basis as they moved in.

Last edited by Harleydude; 04/02/24 04:42 PM.
Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: grandbassslayer] #15034581 04/02/24 06:04 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Allison1
He was not talking about its affect on competitive bass fishing as much as he was talking about how it reveals more about bass behavior and how to find them.

Here is a more recent interview with him saying that from now on you can't say you're the best if you don't use FFS. A statement I totally disagree with. Take a bunch of these new fishermen and put them on a lake without their fancy boat electronics and they can't win a thing.
FFS may be the start of different levels of competitive bass fishing. None of the FFS experts, or relatively few can compete without it. None of the non FFS experts, or relatively few can compete with it.

The guy who can go out and catch the most fish without all the newest tech will always be the best IMO.
The guy who knows the most about their environment, what affects them and what makes them bite.

I think you show up just to be the antagonist.

That's Allison...next he'll be arguing if you can't do math on a slide rule you can't call yourself mathematically capable.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: Douglas J] #15035885 04/03/24 11:27 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Allison is a Liberal. He is a Joe Biden supporter. DADA Democraps Are Destroying America. Just open your eyes and you can see that.
Joe Biden, open border for millions of Illegal criminals to come here, fentenal coming here, he shut down drilling here reducing American jobs....gives taxpayer money to China and Ukraine so he and the Democraps can get kick back corruption money, , and Allison supports all of this.

Anti-American as it gets.

Re: The GOAT on FFS [Re: Douglas J] #15036135 04/04/24 03:09 AM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Clunn hasn’t been around for as long as he has by coincidence. He adapts and tries to stay competitive. Shaking a minnow out in front of a ffs transducer is here, it’s not going anywhere. Somewhere I heard Clunn put a big nbt screen on his bow, smart move. I think bass will put some limitations on some of it in the future, but I think most are ok with that. cheers

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide