Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: CPAP [Re: Uncle Zeek] #15003996 02/29/24 10:11 PM
TR22johnson Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by BrandoA
Has anybody tried to surgery instead of a CPAP machine?

No. But my doctor and I have agreed to try a mouthpiece for me instead of the CPAP, as I can't get any rest at night with the machine (have been trying different hardware, settings, etc).

Since my sleep apnea is mild, the mouthpiece might be all it takes. Just having trouble finding an in-network doctor to make it.

I did not want to mess with a machine and having to take it with me everytime I travel so went with the mouthpiece and worked 100% for me. I used Dr Lauck at North Texas Sleep Solutions in Keller. I went with the Somnomed Appliance. The cost went towards my deductible as it was not met yet. https://www.ntxsleepsolutions.com/

Re: CPAP [Re: skeeter] #15004186 03/01/24 01:49 AM
GODSDOZER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Go full carnivore and in 6 months to a year (depending on how bad your body is from all the chemicals that are put in foods) you will not need a CPAC machine.

Re: CPAP [Re: GODSDOZER] #15004194 03/01/24 01:56 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by GODSDOZER
Go full carnivore and in 6 months to a year (depending on how bad your body is from all the chemicals that are put in foods) you will not need a CPAC machine.

Hugely stupid advise.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: CPAP [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #15004237 03/01/24 02:34 AM
GODSDOZER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Hugely stupid advise.

No wonder why your name is Bigbob............I think Dr. Anthony Chafee, Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Eiric Berg. Dr. Robert Cywes and hundreds more would disagree with your "stupid" comment. No wonder you are on machines to breath and not suffocate. All of those MD's can be found on YouTube and many other places. Until people like you "big" bob try to silence them

Last edited by GODSDOZER; 03/01/24 03:00 AM.
Re: CPAP [Re: BassFever] #15004244 03/01/24 02:42 AM
P
POPPA Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
Originally Posted by BassFever
Tried several, would take hours to fall asleep then rise and repeat upon peeing middle of the night. Losing 80 lbs is what's helped the most.

this helped my wife more than anything.

Re: CPAP [Re: GODSDOZER] #15004258 03/01/24 02:59 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Hugely stupid advise.

No wonder why your name is Bigbob............I think Dr. Anthony Chafee, Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Eiric Berg. Dr. Robert Cywes and hundreds more would disagree with your "stupid" comment. No wonder you are on machines to breath and not suffocate. All of those MD's can be found on YouTube and many other places.

Fool, I've been on the cpap since I was skinny. Its about the structure of your throat. But keep peddling your bs. I'll listen to my doctor.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: CPAP [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #15004262 03/01/24 03:02 AM
GODSDOZER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Hugely stupid advise.

No wonder why your name is Bigbob............I think Dr. Anthony Chafee, Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Eiric Berg. Dr. Robert Cywes and hundreds more would disagree with your "stupid" comment. No wonder you are on machines to breath and not suffocate. All of those MD's can be found on YouTube and many other places.

Fool, I've been on the cpap since I was skinny. Its about the structure of your throat. But keep peddling your bs. I'll listen to my doctor.

okay. Wear a mask and get the 7th jab. LOL Can you provide a photo too TFF when you were (so called skinny?)

Last edited by GODSDOZER; 03/01/24 03:10 AM.
Re: CPAP [Re: skeeter] #15004279 03/01/24 03:25 AM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
8. We promote a friendly atmosphere for anglers to exchange ideas. Differences of opinions are welcome and are an important part of this format. We do not, however, tolerate those that try to start an argument with every post. If you are looking to agitate people, simply to get a response, or if you are a troller, this is not the place for you.

Re: CPAP [Re: skeeter] #15004327 03/01/24 04:36 AM
D
Dogfish_Jones Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
I had sleep apnea way before I got a CPAP.
My wife would shake me and wake me up almost every night. She said I would go to snoring real bad, then all of a sudden stop breathing. At times she thought I was dead because I stopped breathing.
Mind you this was when I was in great shape, weighed in at 170 lbs.
these days, I’m old, lazy, big belly, loves naps all day long, and can only fish for about 5 or 6 hours. On top of that I take like 6 pills every night for something or the other.

Back then…as Bob Seager sings the song, “ Like a rock” no meds, no fat, was up from sun up to sun down, working my small farm, holding down a 40+ hour job and doing side work to boot. I could fish all day long and be ready to go on 4 hours sleep for another day of fishing. Oh…and I still had sleep apnea back then but didn't know it.

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Re: CPAP [Re: Zipster] #15004719 03/01/24 05:11 PM
Dognot Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Zipster
Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
I HAVE to wear mine at night. I cannot breath when I have it off. I hate that I can't lay down on the coach and take a nap, I start suffocating. When i had my Sleep Apena test done about 10 years ago, they told me I was getting about 4 minutes of sleep per hour. I was sleeping around 6 to 8 hours a night so really I was sleeping only 24 to 32 minutes a day.
I feel asleep in the shower, it was terrible if driving. I had to stop at most every rest stop and take a power nap sitting up
I thought I slept for a month at a time when I first starting wearing it. Luckily, I adapted to it very quick and love it.

Same here. I had to go out to my truck at lunch and take a nap. I was physically sick to my stomach from lack of sleep. When I had my study done, the attendant told me he almost woke me up because he was afraid I was going to have a stroke.

Best thing I ever did. I sleep like a baby now.

Same here, fell asleep several times driving and found myself in the ditch going hwy speed. I told my wife about it and my Brother in law called me the next day. He had been using one for about 10 yrs at that time. We had a mutual acquaintance that had actually died from Apnea a few month earlier in a motel while on a work trip. Will not go without it now .

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: CPAP [Re: TR22johnson] #15004956 03/01/24 11:33 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by TR22johnson
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by BrandoA
Has anybody tried to surgery instead of a CPAP machine?

No. But my doctor and I have agreed to try a mouthpiece for me instead of the CPAP, as I can't get any rest at night with the machine (have been trying different hardware, settings, etc).

Since my sleep apnea is mild, the mouthpiece might be all it takes. Just having trouble finding an in-network doctor to make it.

I did not want to mess with a machine and having to take it with me everytime I travel so went with the mouthpiece and worked 100% for me. I used Dr Lauck at North Texas Sleep Solutions in Keller. I went with the Somnomed Appliance. The cost went towards my deductible as it was not met yet. https://www.ntxsleepsolutions.com/

Oh thank you!!!

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide