Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Women in tournaments [Re: LunkerXpress] #14913230 11/30/23 03:20 PM
T
tsspencer2887 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
As a fisher-woman, I think it's primarily a numbers game. Low representation means less chance of women being at the top of the field. I'm of the mindset that sponsors are a big help to making ends meet but shouldn't (theoretically) be a requirement for success.

IMHO, this starts early. I cannot count the number of times that I was told by classmates, friends, and even adults that fishing was "a boy's sport." The idea is still ingrained today that fishing (and hunting) is not for women. I've been fishing for over 30 years but a few years ago, on an offshore trip, a deckhand pulled a rod out of my hands, "let me show you how to do this."

I don't think this changes by telling young men/boys that girls/women can fish. This changes by convincing women/girls that they can fish. I continued to fish as a kid because I enjoyed doing it and was stubborn enough to keep going no matter who told me otherwise. I volunteered at a BSA event last month as an angler educator and made a point of telling kids (boys and girls) that if there's a sport you enjoy, go play it. Don't listen to anyone who tells you that's a boy sport, girl sport, black, white, brown, or purple sport.

My opinion is there's no reason that a woman couldn't win the Classic but the reason that more women don't fish is because someone told them they can't.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Women in tournaments [Re: LunkerXpress] #14913272 11/30/23 03:54 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
Half of you guys sound like women! roflmao

Re: Women in tournaments [Re: C_Fisher] #14913339 11/30/23 04:37 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted by C_Fisher
There will be a couple of women in the elites within the next 5-6 years. i don't think they will be in the top 20% in finishes each tournament. but they will get the big sponsorships and alot of media attention.

This simply won't happen. The high school girls have not gotten to the age yet where procreating and motherhood takes over all brain function. That will eliminate 90% if not more. It's purely science.

Go Tech
Re: Women in tournaments [Re: RedRaider3933] #14913363 11/30/23 04:56 PM
T
tsspencer2887 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by RedRaider3933
There will be a couple of women in the elites within the next 5-6 years. i don't think they will be in the top 20% in finishes each tournament. but they will get the big sponsorships and alot of media attention.

This simply won't happen. The high school girls have not gotten to the age yet where procreating and motherhood takes over all brain function. That will eliminate 90% if not more. It's purely science.

And high school boys want nothing more than to be celibate for the rest of their lives, right?

Re: Women in tournaments [Re: C_Fisher] #14913493 11/30/23 07:13 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

How are they gonna get there?

there's quite a few girls coming through the high school level that have as much or more passion than any of the boys. they will be given the right sponsorships and enough money (because they are girls) to fish as their full time job. with the ability to do that, they will be able to compete with any of the men.

we'll pull this thread back up in 5-6 years!

I hope you’re right…

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Women in tournaments [Re: LunkerXpress] #14913504 11/30/23 07:21 PM
S
shanetx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
DIdnt realize Bass Fishing had so many incels. Where are the girl dads at posting pictures of their kiddos snagging bigger bass then half these lonely dudes.

Kiss your Wives and Mothers with these mouths?

Re: Women in tournaments [Re: shanetx] #14913525 11/30/23 07:48 PM
L
LunkerXpress Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted by shanetx
DIdnt realize Bass Fishing had so many incels. Where are the girl dads at posting pictures of their kiddos snagging bigger bass then half these lonely dudes.

Kiss your Wives and Mothers with these mouths?

Is it unfair to want to see some results before proclaiming that women in the Elites is the wave of the future? Like maybe if just one of them came close to qualifying or at least won an Open?

Re: Women in tournaments [Re: LunkerXpress] #14913554 11/30/23 08:17 PM
S
shanetx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I think my comment was mis understood. Of course they need to make it there on results and qualifying. Everything in our world should be based on results, nothing is free to given to anyone. Im talking about the fellas saying a girl cant launch a boat, not strong enough to set the hook and just want to make babies and cook is unfair approach.

I live on a farm, The girls do plenty of manly chores, slaughter food sources, lift hay, hunt. God Bless The girls i know i guess....

Re: Women in tournaments [Re: shanetx] #14913773 11/30/23 11:23 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I think my comment was mis understood. Of course they need to make it there on results and qualifying. Everything in our world should be based on results, nothing is free to given to anyone. Im talking about the fellas saying a girl cant launch a boat, not strong enough to set the hook and just want to make babies and cook is unfair approach.

I live on a farm, The girls do plenty of manly chores, slaughter food sources, lift hay, hunt. God Bless The girls i know i guess....

Absolutely. I know a lot of women that are more than physically capable. Smart too….they just don’t like to fish. My wife is fully capable of the physical part. She’s damn smart too! She, like most women, just don’t care to fish. She would clean them, cook them, and eat them….but she has zero interest in fishing. She’s bought more baits than the average guy. She knows exactly what to get(for me) when she goes shopping. She even reorders my Dark Sleepers, senkos, and trick worms they when they are getting low. She understands the concept, she’s jut a very typical woman and doesn’t give a darn about my hobby. I’ve had a boat for 35+ years and she’s been in one of my boats twice….in the driveway.

99.9% of women don’t LIKE fishing. If they are 01% of the fishing population, the chances of one becoming a top angler in the sport is low. Possible?yes….likely? Nope

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Women in tournaments [Re: 188champ] #14913914 12/01/23 01:17 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by 188champ
Zaldain had a podcast recently, his wife had a very good point. Women tend to be family oriented, kids and husbands to take care of etc. Thats a big strain on the family for momma to be gone for weeks on end to go make a few hundred bucks. Even if there were a 100 top women circuit, payouts and sponsors would be much lower. It would be the same as women's golf and basketball very low interest. they couldn't get the numbers for it anyways.

That’s not what did her in. What did her in was she couldn’t catch them for whatever reason. Best equipment. Hung around Elite series anglers. Fished 59 Opens. One $2,190 check. Maybe the Sponsor commitments actually hurt with the time and energy they took?

I was riding with a pro that knows the Zaldain’s well. I asked him “you can tell me you would rather not say if you like. How can she have the best equipment and hang around and fish with top level Elite pros and not cash a few checks in the Opens”.

His response was short…. “She practices more and harder than a lot of us. Some people seem to never get it”.

Men could similarly fail and nobody notice. They just eventually give it up. Hundreds of them. You can go to the Opens 2023 AOY and go toward the bottom. Click on an angler then their total tournaments and find a number who perennially finished in the 150 or below place maybe cashed a check or two.

Not many women attempting Open or above level.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 12/01/23 02:14 AM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Women in tournaments [Re: RedRaider3933] #14913985 12/01/23 01:59 AM
Basskicker907 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by RedRaider3933

..... This is the most ignorant comment I've read in a long time. The current generation is delaying marriage and postponing even forgoing childbirth in pursuit of careers.

So it's not science.

I'm sure we'll see a woman on tour eventually, but the fact of the matter is none have been able to compete. Not because they're women, but because they just aren't good anglers. Trait was less than average, not because she's a woman; she just cant fish. Nikki Jo Hatten signed up for all the EQ's and quit after 1 or 2.

The issue I have is the women that get on a podcast and say I don't get any respect I'm just like anyone else, but the only reason they get expsoure is because they're a woman in a male dominated sport. Trait is a perfect example.

USAF
Re: Women in tournaments [Re: LunkerXpress] #14914004 12/01/23 02:06 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
lol it’s not an ignorant comment.

Re: Women in tournaments [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14914451 12/01/23 01:38 PM
S
shanetx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S

Absolutely. I know a lot of women that are more than physically capable. Smart too….they just don’t like to fish. My wife is fully capable of the physical part. She’s damn smart too! She, like most women, just don’t care to fish. She would clean them, cook them, and eat them….but she has zero interest in fishing. She’s bought more baits than the average guy. She knows exactly what to get(for me) when she goes shopping. She even reorders my Dark Sleepers, senkos, and trick worms they when they are getting low. She understands the concept, she’s jut a very typical woman and doesn’t give a darn about my hobby. I’ve had a boat for 35+ years and she’s been in one of my boats twice….in the driveway.

99.9% of women don’t LIKE fishing. If they are 01% of the fishing population, the chances of one becoming a top angler in the sport is low. Possible?yes….likely? Nope

she have a sister? asking for my brother : )

Re: Women in tournaments [Re: shanetx] #14914459 12/01/23 01:49 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

she have a sister? asking for my brother : )

No…but I do…and you don’t want that trouble. cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Women in tournaments [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14914470 12/01/23 01:55 PM
B
Board Pro Offline
Angler
Angler
B

How are they gonna get there?

special exemptions and "hard work"

"Often imitated, never duplicated"

[Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide