Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870181 10/18/23 04:59 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Doesnt that mean theres going to be alot of Pros looking for a place to fish?

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870232 10/18/23 05:22 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I've never seen an organization make so many changes. It's every single year. Would love to know the formula for the "Bass Pro Tour lifetime Angler of the Year (AOY) standings" . If it is public knowledge I would like to see it. I have to agree meP2too. This is a reality show and they are doing everything in their power to maintain the original MLF anglers as the stars of the show for as long as possible. Blows my mind that there is still a long line of people trying to qualify for this tour of constant changes.

It's a relatively new business that had lofty and likely unrealistic goals for a start up. If you know anything about running a business, then you'd completely understand adjusting a business model and the fluidity of forming and operating a start up.

You need to be able adjust to make it succeed vs trying to appease everyone and going broke.

Business 101 is to make a profit.

I know a little bit about it. Constant, wholesale, unending change sends a signal to your consumer that you have no business model. It sends a signal that you don't have a clue what you are doing. Sends a signal that you are throwing darts at a wall with your eyes closed and hoping one lands on a business strategy that might work. There's a huge difference between making adjustments and making massive changes every single year. Especially when the changes this year are the exact polar opposite of the changes that you made last year. I've bought, rebuilt, and sold multiple failing companies. Constant, unending, poorly though out change is literally a glaring FOR SALE SIGN when it comes to a business. Especially when those changes are accompanied by a reduction in the workforce. Spare me the business 101 textbook quotes please.

They make their money from sponsors and not us dudes that like bass fishing. You're so deep into to your emotions and feelers that you have put the cart before the horse. First priority make a profit, second priority appease those that follow and likely do not spend one penny on the sponsor products yet bi*ch constantly. lol Bass fishing is not a "Walk in" business that is relying on your dollar to succeed. They rely on that you buy products that relate to their sponsors whether you like the league or not you are likely in the demographic that makes them producing revenue through sponsorships possible.

They will adjust and regroup and if they cannot turn a profit they will be gone or absorbed by another league.

Honestly fans do not matter for the most part, their dollars come from JM and many other large sponsors.

Oh and that "quote" was not a quote unless you'd like to quote me. laugh

After reading that I feel like I just listened to a Kamala Harris speech.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870254 10/18/23 05:53 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Why was Stone let go? He is one of the ownership group anglers as well.

Maybe because he's a beat down? noidea

Worse than a “Romo”!

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870266 10/18/23 06:05 PM
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Angler
J
There gone in 2026

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Mark Perry] #14870314 10/18/23 06:40 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I wonder if Beartrap will still talk about how great they are for the “sport and anglers”? popcorn

....and how 1162 hours of TV time for a handful events was reshaping the sport. He constantly references the TV time abs turns out it wasn't helping their bottom line and they actually saw less viewers watching their product this year.

MLF is pretty well saying TV is a dying medium and live coverage is where they will now focus.

https://ustvdb.com/networks/outdoor/shows/major-league-fishing/#:~:text=Major%20League%20Fishing%20(MLF)%20is,measurement%20on%20January%2021%2C%202023%20.

keep in mind that B.A.S.S. only had about 6 hours TV exposure for anglers until MLF was formed and until ESPN bought them,you had to wait 3 months until the magazine came out to find out who won a tournament.....also MLF deserves a lot of credit for buying FLW and providing fishing opportunites for several thousand weekend,college and high school tournament anglers plus preserving the Toyota series as a stepping stone for guys who want to be professional fishermen........
if you still think there is no future in tournament fishing,go to any lake on any day of the week and there is going to huge increase in boats on the water compared to ten years ago....

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: beartrap] #14870360 10/18/23 07:18 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by beartrap
I wonder if Beartrap will still talk about how great they are for the “sport and anglers”? popcorn

....and how 1162 hours of TV time for a handful events was reshaping the sport. He constantly references the TV time abs turns out it wasn't helping their bottom line and they actually saw less viewers watching their product this year.

MLF is pretty well saying TV is a dying medium and live coverage is where they will now focus.

https://ustvdb.com/networks/outdoor/shows/major-league-fishing/#:~:text=Major%20League%20Fishing%20(MLF)%20is,measurement%20on%20January%2021%2C%202023%20.

keep in mind that B.A.S.S. only had about 6 hours TV exposure for anglers until MLF was formed and until ESPN bought them,you had to wait 3 months until the magazine came out to find out who won a tournament.....also MLF deserves a lot of credit for buying FLW and providing fishing opportunites for several thousand weekend,college and high school tournament anglers plus preserving the Toyota series as a stepping stone for guys who want to be professional fishermen........
if you still think there is no future in tournament fishing,go to any lake on any day of the week and there is going to huge increase in boats on the water compared to ten years ago....

All that was happening LONG before MLF. Spit their balls out

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Champion1] #14870374 10/18/23 07:25 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Champion1

They get MLF Invitationals spot just like McLelland, Elias and Grigsby, go Opens like Lambert, NPFL or just quit pro like Ebare. That's the options right now.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 10/18/23 07:37 PM.
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: beartrap] #14870397 10/18/23 07:37 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I'd argue that covid did more to go bass fishing than MLF. I personally hate "growing the sport" because eventually will outgrow the resource. You can have to much.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: beartrap] #14870421 10/18/23 07:50 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak

With the move to only 50 spots on the BPT what exactly will tge Toyota Series guys be fishing for now? Odds are pretty high that several of those guys that busted [censored] to get to the BPT through qualification will get cut to preserve a "bane brand".

Stop with the " they put HS and college fishing on the map" stuff. Both were thriving well before FLW/MLF got involved. Let's also acknowledge that the BFLs are losing steam too. Now there are rumors tgey will raise those entry fees abd reduce tge payouts at that level too.

TV is dead. Even MLF thinks so.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14870445 10/18/23 08:11 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by Champion1

They get MLF Invitationals spot just like McLelland, Elias and Grigsby, go Opens like Lambert, NPFL or just quit pro like Ebare. That's the options right now.

Ebare quit? Seems like an odd choice after the year he had.

Go Tech
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870456 10/18/23 08:20 PM
L
LHT Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Seems to me that their problem is with where the broadcast their product and how they promote it. The regular guy that's not entrenched in pro bass fishing doesn't know where to watch them or when they are on. If they don't fix this, it wont matter what they do with the fishermen.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Mark Perry] #14870457 10/18/23 08:20 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

With the move to only 50 spots on the BPT what exactly will tge Toyota Series guys be fishing for now? Odds are pretty high that several of those guys that busted [censored] to get to the BPT through qualification will get cut to preserve a "bane brand".

Stop with the " they put HS and college fishing on the map" stuff. Both were thriving well before FLW/MLF got involved. Let's also acknowledge that the BFLs are losing steam too. Now there are rumors tgey will raise those entry fees abd reduce tge payouts at that level too.

TV is dead. Even MLF thinks so.

did not mean to imply they "put HS and college fishing on the map"....was trying to point out that they stepped up and kept all FLW owned tournaments from being cancelled......
is FFS going to kill live streaming.....certainly not much entertainment to watching a guy staring at a screen and jiggling a drop shot....is an edited version showing just the hook setting and landing of the fish prove to be more entertaining?...
finally cannot understand the hatred for a group of fishermen (or their fans) who went out and formed their own tournament trail organization that provided ten times more TV exposure for their sponsors and doubled the opportunites for someone to make a living as a pro fishermen...

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870493 10/18/23 08:39 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
there are more folks that watch cricket on tv than professional fishing shows by the time they come on you already know who won an they cant get sponsors to pay for it live. it is a niche market with not much viewership.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: RedRaider3933] #14870581 10/18/23 09:50 PM
H
Houston Basscat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
What happened to Ebare?

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Chris B] #14870600 10/18/23 10:12 PM
78Staff Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Chris B
Did I read that right, no live coverage next year for the first two days of competition?

That's how it reads to me as well. Cost Cutting I guess, two less days of production probably saves quite a bit of money. About 33% I'd guess lol. Still seems like odd choice. Still doing all days for the Team series, which ironically I really don't care for - although I know many folks do like it.

Good imo they are going back to every fish counts as well, when they went to 5 it just became another tournament. EFC makes them stand out better, although many of the anglers wanted to change. Maybe they are pre-empting the predicted mass exodus of anglers due to going back to EFC by reducing the field size smile.

Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide