Forums59
Topics1,039,366
Posts13,963,435
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626305 02/10/23 07:17 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
No science anywhere argues against the currect ice age, that has gripped the earth for most of the past 34m yrs. We are in the late Cenezoic ice age & can expect at least 100 glacial periods like the last one, each of 100,000 yrs. Global warming is a hoax.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626306 02/10/23 07:18 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
[Linked Image]

russ, the graph whos source was not clear appears to have been created by Ed Hawkins who does climate visualizations and the graph I posted was a different way of representing the graph above that has recently become popular.
The source was written at the bottom of the original graph I posted but may to too small to decipher.

This one makes it more evident.
[Linked Image]

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626325 02/10/23 07:39 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
[Linked Image]

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626332 02/10/23 07:49 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Why are we cherry picking the last 2000 years but disregarding the last eight years? Who set the time frame, and why? If we really want to put historical Earth temperatures on a graph and draw a trend line, why not go back to the very beginning, after the Big Bang, when geothermal pools supposedly brought forth the cells that became life? What would that graph look like? Would it show a cooling trend from the simmering orb of constant volcanic eruptions, magma, and steam that characterized the beginnings of Earth that science describes to us?

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626345 02/10/23 08:00 PM
R
russb Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Originally Posted by Allison1
[Linked Image]

russ, the graph whos source was not clear appears to have been created by Ed Hawkins who does climate visualizations and the graph I posted was a different way of representing the graph above that has recently become popular.
The source was written at the bottom of the original graph I posted but may to too small to decipher.

[Linked Image]

Hawkins, Ed (January 30, 2020). "2019 years". climate-lab-book.ac.uk, This is the book that the graph came from. In the book there is the statement "The often quoted Medieval Warm Period and Little Ice Age are real phenomena, but small compared to the recent changes." Yet the belief is that during the little ice-age, equatorial Africa saw a 5 degree decrease is air temps. I wouldn't say that's small. Plus that graph doesn't include the Roman Warm Period, which many believe experienced temps very close to what we have now. What caused the climate changes then, Henry Ford wasn't even a speck in his great great great great great grandads pants yet. So it can't be his fault.

I am not denying the climate changes over time, but so far all the evidence shows that its cyclical. Does that mean we will experience a new ice-age in the near future, or have we moved the entirety of the graph up and current times are the new cold periods. I don't know, and nobody else does despite what we're lead to believe. No science is ever definitive, new discoveries are made every year. Perhaps we should put down the torches and pitch forks and all go fishing before someone says he can't anymore due to us killing the planet with our dirty boats and selfish lifestyles.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Razorback] #14626362 02/10/23 08:15 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Razorback
Why are we cherry picking the last 2000 years but disregarding the last eight years? Who set the time frame, and why? If we really want to put historical Earth temperatures on a graph and draw a trend line, why not go back to the very beginning, after the Big Bang, when geothermal pools supposedly brought forth the cells that became life? What would that graph look like? Would it show a cooling trend from the simmering orb of constant volcanic eruptions, magma, and steam that characterized the beginnings of Earth that science describes to us?

Cherry picking, or picking pieces out of a whole is the opposite of what you are describing and easy to explain.
A larger picture gives combination of 8 and 2000 years so you have a more complete picture.

2000 years is also a fraction of the whole picture, just a lot more information than 8 years.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626371 02/10/23 08:25 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Razorback

Cherry picking, or picking pieces out of a whole is the opposite of what you are describing and easy to explain.
A larger picture gives combination of 8 and 2000 years so you have a more complete picture.

2000 years is also a fraction of the whole picture, just a lot more information than 8 years.

Wait, there more....
According to you and your legions, because you've said it many many times, CO2 causes warming. So, even with a small 8 year sampling, how is it possible at all for CO2 to be rising at the catastrophic rates you claim and we're not getting hotter? This seems impossible according to your often repeated statements.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: russb] #14626372 02/10/23 08:26 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by russb
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hawkins, Ed (January 30, 2020). "2019 years". climate-lab-book.ac.uk, This is the book that the graph came from. In the book there is the statement "The often quoted Medieval Warm Period and Little Ice Age are real phenomena, but small compared to the recent changes." Yet the belief is that during the little ice-age, equatorial Africa saw a 5 degree decrease is air temps. I wouldn't say that's small. Plus that graph doesn't include the Roman Warm Period, which many believe experienced temps very close to what we have now. What caused the climate changes then, Henry Ford wasn't even a speck in his great great great great great grandads pants yet. So it can't be his fault.

I am not denying the climate changes over time, but so far all the evidence shows that its cyclical. Does that mean we will experience a new ice-age in the near future, or have we moved the entirety of the graph up and current times are the new cold periods. I don't know, and nobody else does despite what we're lead to believe. No science is ever definitive, new discoveries are made every year. Perhaps we should put down the torches and pitch forks and all go fishing before someone says he can't anymore due to us killing the planet with our dirty boats and selfish lifestyles.

Both the medieval and Little Ice Ages were regional and did not show world temp changes although they probably both contribute to it. More like what could happen with an El Niño event in certain areas of the world. The 20's is another short term example.
We have had an extended warm dry period in California too however so far its just 15 years or so long. I don't know how that allows a comparison to the earths temperature.

When saying the earths temps fluctuate, I assume you look for trends and reasons to explain them.
Right now the temps are higher than they have been in 11k years. Another degree and it will be higher than in over a million years. The future climate is always a guess. Waiting till its definitive will be long after it becomes too late to change it.
As it sits, according to NASA and others, if we quit using fossil fuels today the earth would continue to rise for the next decade or more. At some point when the earth rises, if it does, another 1.5 degrees, it will take tens of thousands of years to drop from what I'm reading.

It seems slow since the temps don't rise very fast. .3 degrees every ten years is only critical after its devastating and its rise has been accelarating since NASA started taking measurements by satellite in 1993(?) or somewhere around that time.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626463 02/10/23 09:50 PM
1oldbassguy Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Both the medieval and Little Ice Ages were regional and did not show world temp changes although they probably both contribute to it. More like what could happen with an El Niño event in certain areas of the world. The 20's is another short term example.
We have had an extended warm dry period in California too however so far its just 15 years or so long. I don't know how that allows a comparison to the earths temperature.

When saying the earths temps fluctuate, I assume you look for trends and reasons to explain them.
Right now the temps are higher than they have been in 11k years. Another degree and it will be higher than in over a million years. The future climate is always a guess. Waiting till its definitive will be long after it becomes too late to change it.
As it sits, according to NASA and others, if we quit using fossil fuels today the earth would continue to rise for the next decade or more. At some point when the earth rises, if it does, another 1.5 degrees, it will take tens of thousands of years to drop from what I'm reading.

It seems slow since the temps don't rise very fast. .3 degrees every ten years is only critical after its devastating and its rise has been accelarating since NASA started taking measurements by satellite in 1993(?) or somewhere around that time.

and there it is ---- the little mailman ignoring the 8 years of data and deflecting his comments away from facts .
And what would you know about California ??? Do you live there , do you understand what is happening . are you basing this on the " wildfires " ?
Cmon little man --- tell me all you know about Calif ----- and then I will happily reply with facts --- I Iive here and and will destroy your " facts "

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626474 02/10/23 09:57 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

and there it is ---- the little mailman ignoring the 8 years of data and deflecting his comments away from facts .
And what would you know about California ??? Do you live there , do you understand what is happening . are you basing this on the " wildfires " ?
Cmon little man --- tell me all you know about Calif ----- and then I will happily reply with facts --- I Iive here and and will destroy your " facts "

You are funny. Every chart includes the 8 years. It just is a lot more data to give us a better clue.
All I have complained about it ONLY using the 8 years as evidence. Quit being silly.

As far as the California hot dry spell, I have the internet. Are you saying you have to be there to understand it?
Funny.
If that were the case, I've visited three times over the last 5 years. Do I get into the club?

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626485 02/10/23 10:04 PM
R
russb Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course we are at the warmest temps in 11 thousands years, we were in an ice-age from 10 to 20 thousands years ago, that is the lowest temp valley the planet has seen since snowball earth period. Going off of the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program graph I posted our current temps are about on par with the temps from 2-4 million years ago, which is about the time it started cooling headed to the last ice age. Yeah, the warmest temps we have seen in 11 thousand years sounds scary, but not when you look at the actual data and see why that is.

The current climate models we have right now are at 24% uncertainty. Now, would you be willing to invest the entirety of your, your children's, and possibly your grandchildren's life savings in an investment that has a 24% of loosing everything. If we turn over control of global policy making to those who claim to be the ones to save humanity, that is what you are asking everyone else to do. I am not saying we have to wait until things can not be reversed or at least slowed, I am saying lets try to get the models more accurate before we completely upend or current global society.

If you are ok with doing that at the current time with the current data and models we have, then we will never find a middle ground. And the middle ground is where real change takes place.

Last edited by russb; 02/10/23 10:20 PM.
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: russb] #14626501 02/10/23 10:25 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

Of course we are at the warmest temps in 11 thousands years, we were in an ice-age from 10 to 20 thousands years ago, that is the lowest temp valley the planet has seen since snowball earth period. Going off of the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program graph I posted our current temps are about on par with the temps from 2-4 million years ago, which is about the time it started cooling headed to the last ice age. Yeah, the warmest temps we have seen in 11 thousands sounds scary, but not when you look at the actual data and see why that is.

You said the same thing I alluded to in my "cherry picking" post. The Earth has obviously been much warmer and much cooler. The Cult of Global Warming has no answer for why those ups and downs took place, and can't prove that any relatively short-term movements in temperature the planet has experienced aren't part of a cycle that has nothing to do with CO2, so they ignore them.

All they are really sure of is that we as a people need to be forced by government to adopt changes that almost none of us want, to give up freedom, and to pay whatever prices is necessary to adopt these unwanted changes.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626509 02/10/23 10:33 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
What Wiley the super genius can't grasp is the fact CO2 follows temperature, temperature doesn't follow CO2.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626558 02/10/23 11:34 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
eating the paste again.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626561 02/10/23 11:35 PM
1oldbassguy Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

You are funny. Every chart includes the 8 years. It just is a lot more data to give us a better clue.
All I have complained about it ONLY using the 8 years as evidence. Quit being silly.

As far as the California hot dry spell, I have the internet. Are you saying you have to be there to understand it?
Funny.
If that were the case, I've visited three times over the last 5 years. Do I get into the club?

so stupid ---like a child . I live here , I know exactly what's happening ---- but there you are acting like an ignorant child telling me my every day life in California for 60+ years is less relevant than your 3 visits in 5 years . This is exactly why you have ZERO credibility on this forum . You jump up and down , give your uninformed opinion and than try to deflect the facts .
Give me your expert " California " opinion ---- surely you have read facts and truth --right ??? Spill your knowledge on whats happened in Cali ---I'll wait

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide