Forums59
Topics1,039,346
Posts13,963,220
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Razorback] #14626120 02/10/23 04:38 PM
M
MBradford Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Razorback
Repeat the big lie enough times, loudly enough, and with enough conviction and the gullible and ignorant will begin to believe it. Germans became convinced that Jews were the root of all their problems, David Koresh convinced idiots that he was the Messiah, and numerous groups of mental midgets have followed liars all over the world, surrendering their possessions to them and waiting for transport to heaven. Some even believed a spacecraft was coming for them, and some drank Kool-Aid laced with cyanide after moving to the armpit of the Earth with their master.

Cults are never at a loss for sheep who will blindly follow.

Don't forget the ones who said the 2020 election was "rigged and stolen". roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Pat Goff] #14626129 02/10/23 04:48 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Pat Goff
Watch and learn.
Remember, for the climate goons, whatever they present is undisputed facts. There is no discussion, and any disagreement is ridiculed and dismissed as unscientific or from a conspiracy theory.

So, watch this happen. Here is an article about a large number of climate scientists and experts who all agree there is no man made climate change. The source will be ridiculed, I'll be ridiculed for even putting up such heresy.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/08/18...s-declare-there-is-no-climate-emergency/

This video really fires them up. The video is factual, but the rage comes at the presenter and for me for even thinking such information could possibly be true.

When you realize it's a cult, and nothing more, the actions become understandable.

The link you posted is not about "a large number of climate scientists and experts who all agree there is no man made climate change". You don't even read the poo you spread so how do I argue it? They pubished a paper that said there is no climate change emergency. They aren't in denial like you are, they just believe that we can adapt to the different climate easier than trying to change it.

You might try to actually read it before you post it.

The video? Pure trash and you know it.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626149 02/10/23 05:03 PM
R
russb Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by russb

Where did this graph come from? I can find many different climate graphs that show all kinds of conclusions.
This graph from NASA is showing only .5 degree C rise.
[Linked Image]
Here is one that shows we aren't anywhere near historical temperature highs.
[Linked Image]
Honestly a graph doesn't show me anything without some sort of data to go along with it.

Get informed. You posted two graphs that show it, now learn what they mean.
The first one means almost nothing because its data is limited. CO2 rose higher by 1950 than its been in the last 300,000 years, 300ppm and now its about 420ppm. Thats higher than its been in millions of years and so looking 100 years back is worthless.

When the earth was first formed it was very hot. For billions of years as the earth cooled it was too hot for life.
As it cooled life formed. Modern man has only been around for several hundred years. In your second graph the Holocene period, about the last 12k years has been when humans flourished. Just after the ice ages and when CO2 was between 180-280. CO2 has now climbed past 400 ppm and the temps are forecast to rise higher than before the Holocene period.

If we stopped fossil fuels today it is predicted to continue to rise for several decades. Thats noted in your second graph in time forward from today.
Its not that the earth will end or life will end. It is just that climate will change fairly dramatically in the next 100 years.

First of all dude, you know nothing about me. I spent time studying historical climate and geology in college, so I think I am a little informed. So come down off your pedestal. Secondly I never once mentioned not believing that earths climate is changing. Of course the climate changes, nothing in nature is static. All I was pointing out is you posted a "graph" with absolutely no citations or anything showing where the data was coming from. So posting that is going to prove nothing. Also if you look at the graph you posted and the first one I posted yours shows over a 1 degree climb in the last two hundered years, and the one I posted showed .5 degrees. Therefore you can't blindly trust any graph you find on the internet, especially one from wikimedia.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626161 02/10/23 05:09 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Watch and learn.
Remember, for the climate goons, whatever they present is undisputed facts. There is no discussion, and any disagreement is ridiculed and dismissed as unscientific or from a conspiracy theory.

So, watch this happen. Here is an article about a large number of climate scientists and experts who all agree there is no man made climate change. The source will be ridiculed, I'll be ridiculed for even putting up such heresy.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/08/18...s-declare-there-is-no-climate-emergency/

This video really fires them up. The video is factual, but the rage comes at the presenter and for me for even thinking such information could possibly be true.

When you realize it's a cult, and nothing more, the actions become understandable.

The link you posted is not about "a large number of climate scientists and experts who all agree there is no man made climate change". You don't even read the poo you spread so how do I argue it? They pubished a paper that said there is no climate change emergency. They aren't in denial like you are, they just believe that we can adapt to the different climate easier than trying to change it.

You might try to actually read it before you post it.

The video? Pure trash and you know it.

I did read it. I even understood it. Must have been written above your level.

Remember your new rule, you can't call something wrong, or trash without showing why it's wrong or trash. Just because YOU don't like the information does not make it wrong.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Pat Goff] #14626175 02/10/23 05:16 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Remember your new rule, you can't call something wrong, or trash without showing why it's wrong or trash. Just because YOU don't like the information does not make it wrong.

It didn't say what you said it said. Now you're arguing that you understood it.
So you just lied about it. Nothing new.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: russb] #14626193 02/10/23 05:39 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Where did this graph come from? I can find many different climate graphs that show all kinds of conclusions.
This graph from NASA is showing only .5 degree C rise.
[Linked Image]
Here is one that shows we aren't anywhere near historical temperature highs.
[Linked Image]
Honestly a graph doesn't show me anything without some sort of data to go along with it.

Get informed. You posted two graphs that show it, now learn what they mean.
The first one means almost nothing because its data is limited. CO2 rose higher by 1950 than its been in the last 300,000 years, 300ppm and now its about 420ppm. Thats higher than its been in millions of years and so looking 100 years back is worthless.

When the earth was first formed it was very hot. For billions of years as the earth cooled it was too hot for life.
As it cooled life formed. Modern man has only been around for several hundred years. In your second graph the Holocene period, about the last 12k years has been when humans flourished. Just after the ice ages and when CO2 was between 180-280. CO2 has now climbed past 400 ppm and the temps are forecast to rise higher than before the Holocene period.

If we stopped fossil fuels today it is predicted to continue to rise for several decades. Thats noted in your second graph in time forward from today.
Its not that the earth will end or life will end. It is just that climate will change fairly dramatically in the next 100 years.

First of all dude, you know nothing about me. I spent time studying historical climate and geology in college, so I think I am a little informed. So come down off your pedestal. Secondly I never once mentioned not believing that earths climate is changing. Of course the climate changes, nothing in nature is static. All I was pointing out is you posted a "graph" with absolutely no citations or anything showing where the data was coming from. So posting that is going to prove nothing. Also if you look at the graph you posted and the first one I posted yours shows over a 1 degree climb in the last two hundered years, and the one I posted showed .5 degrees. Therefore you can't blindly trust any graph you find on the internet, especially one from wikimedia.

I don't know anything about you, correct. Now I do so thank you for that.

I will try to find the source of that chart for you. I just look and compared it to a chart I found on the NASA website and it seems to be accurate.
Also,if you'll go back to the first page, I was just pointing out that 8 years does not reflect any long term rise or fall. That is what the thread was about and the chart seems to have accurately shown that temps fluctuate up and down.

Your chart didn't cover 200 years did it? I believe NASA says the earth has warmed well over a degree since 1800. I thought it was closer to 1.5 degrees but I didn't look that up.
Since 1880 which your chart covers, it looks like its risen around one degree using this NASA data.
I believe your chart is showing a rise of .51 degrees above zero, and a total about a .7 to .8.
https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/...s_based_on_Land_and_Ocean_Data/graph.txt

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: MBradford] #14626203 02/10/23 05:48 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by MBradford
Repeat the big lie enough times, loudly enough, and with enough conviction and the gullible and ignorant will begin to believe it. Germans became convinced that Jews were the root of all their problems, David Koresh convinced idiots that he was the Messiah, and numerous groups of mental midgets have followed liars all over the world, surrendering their possessions to them and waiting for transport to heaven. Some even believed a spacecraft was coming for them, and some drank Kool-Aid laced with cyanide after moving to the armpit of the Earth with their master.

Don't forget the ones who said the 2020 election was "the most secure ever". roflmao

FIFY roflmao

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626208 02/10/23 05:50 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
russ, the point is that the earth's temp is expected to climb higher than its been since man lived on the earth.

You can't discern that from 8 years or even the last 200,000 years but if you look at conditions way back you can see that something today is different. Scientists, including those at NASA believe its due to man.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: MBradford] #14626215 02/10/23 05:56 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by MBradford

Don't forget the ones who said the 2020 election was "rigged and stolen". roflmao

So you agree that (according to you) incorrect information is spread and believed by millions, so we all need to vet everything we hear for proof that it is correct.

Except in the case of Global Warming we need to all just accept the premise, destroy the economy, and give up our freedom to choose. Is that about it?

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626242 02/10/23 06:13 PM
R
russb Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
russ, the point is that the earth's temp is expected to climb higher than its been since man lived on the earth.

You can't discern that from 8 years or even the last 200,000 years but if you look at conditions way back you can see that something today is different. Scientists, including those at NASA believe its due to man.

You're correct that the amount of data needed to accurately predict the future climate is enormous. Which throws into question the current climate models being used to predict where the climate is going. Models are only as good as the data being used to build them. There is some very interesting studies showing that perhaps the models being used are not as accurate as we are being told. It doesn't take much manipulation of the data to skew the models wildly.

Another issue with the current push on climate change is the people screaming the loudest are also the ones stating in order to stop a catastrophe we need to give them all the power so they can fix it for us. Whether it is 75%, 50% or 0% man made, only they can turn things around. I don't know about you, but I am not to keen on letting someone tell me how to live, while they don't follow their own orders.

When I was in college one of my professors, who spent several years studying ice core samples in the arctic, informed us that the global warming theory initially got its start not because the earth was warming, but because it wasn't cooling as fast as they predicted it should. That first raised a red flag with me. That is also one reason they got away from global warming and leaned into climate change. So far they have missed on pretty much every prediction they have made. Again I wholly believe it is because the models being used are nowhere near accurate enough, or they are being built on either bad or manipulated data.

Basically I don't believe that with the data we have now, we should use that to fundamentally change society as a whole.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: Allison1] #14626258 02/10/23 06:28 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P

It didn't say what you said it said. Now you're arguing that you understood it.
So you just lied about it. Nothing new.

Nope.
Your BS doesn’t fly.
You want to argue?
Great. Don’t say I’m wrong. Show us where I’m wrong.
Don’t like the video?
Bully for you.
Prove the numbers are false.
Or continue to just be another whining moonbat.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: russb] #14626259 02/10/23 06:29 PM
1oldbassguy Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler

You're correct that the amount of data needed to accurately predict the future climate is enormous. Which throws into question the current climate models being used to predict where the climate is going. Models are only as good as the data being used to build them. There is some very interesting studies showing that perhaps the models being used are not as accurate as we are being told. It doesn't take much manipulation of the data to skew the models wildly.

Another issue with the current push on climate change is the people screaming the loudest are also the ones stating in order to stop a catastrophe we need to give them all the power so they can fix it for us. Whether it is 75%, 50% or 0% man made, only they can turn things around. I don't know about you, but I am not to keen on letting someone tell me how to live, while they don't follow their own orders.

When I was in college one of my professors, who spent several years studying ice core samples in the arctic, informed us that the global warming theory initially got its start not because the earth was warming, but because it wasn't cooling as fast as they predicted it should. That first raised a red flag with me. That is also one reason they got away from global warming and leaned into climate change. So far they have missed on pretty much every prediction they have made. Again I wholly believe it is because the models being used are nowhere near accurate enough, or they are being built on either bad or manipulated data.

Basically I don't believe that with the data we have now, we should use that to fundamentally change society as a whole.

your arguing with a former mailman , of which by his own words , everyone hated working with him . He is not a college educated , nor has he ever spent time educating himself on complex problem solving.
He's just a loudmouth fool with a computer and an opinion .
He still ignored why the NOAA data showed --- very clearly , the past 8 years and 5 months ---temperatures went down ---not up . If that trend continued , the politicians would start screaming about a new ICE age if they could only find a way to tax Americans for it .
Climate change is 100% real , always has been and always will be --- but we are not going to shrivel up and melt away from warmer temps .

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626270 02/10/23 06:44 PM
R
russb Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
[/quote] your arguing with a former mailman , of which by his own words , everyone hated working with him . He is not a college educated , nor has he ever spent time educating himself on complex problem solving.
He still ignored why the NOAA data showed --- very clearly , the past 8 years and 5 months ---temperatures went down ---not up . If that trend continued , the politicians would start screaming about a new ICE age if they could only find a way to tax Americans for it .
Climate change is 100% real , always has been and always will be --- but we are not going to shrivel up and melt away from warmer temps . [/quote]

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, just pointing out that currently we as a whole truly have no accurate idea what the climate is going to do. Yet some people are way to eager to change everything to "fix" it. We can not fix anything as long as half of the earth's population is still living in poverty. They could give two craps about the climate while they are just trying to survive. So how are we expected to get them on board.

Plus the politicians and the elites would probably welcome an ice-age. You want to wipe out a majority of the population, cold weather would do that way better than warmer weather.

Last edited by russb; 02/10/23 06:44 PM.
Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14626290 02/10/23 07:03 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

your arguing with a former mailman , of which by his own words , everyone hated working with him . He is not a college educated , nor has he ever spent time educating himself on complex problem solving.

I did drop out after 3 years at UTA and yes, I did not apply myself when there.

As usual you are talking about something that you have no clue about.
I said the owner of the company gave more work than I could handle every Thanksgiving and by the time I was done, for several years in a row, by the time I had returned everyone had left the office. I did not get a free turkey.
What you could not have known is that when business got slow I was one of the couple who they kept busy. Some of the lessers were given little and they starved. My guess since I never asked but the owner probably wanted to make sure we didn't leave and go elsewhere.

Fact is the owner sold the company and moved to Granbury, going into the computer sales business about 4 years later.
I worked for them off and on as a contractor during this time as a side job when I started with the post office. They called me for years after that even after I quit doing overhead doors, just to see if I was available.

Fact is we are on the internet. When I left the PO and retired at 67 my office manager, several other managers and several carriers all told me I was the most efficient person in the office. That was an easy one to me and anyone that was looking. Nobody contributed as much as me.................except a few like you. Seeing someone and arguing to the negative no matter how dumb it looks.

PM me and I'll give tell you which post office I worked at so you can find out for yourself.

Re: No Global warming confirmed - 8 years + [Re: russb] #14626292 02/10/23 07:05 PM
1oldbassguy Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Climate change is 100% real , always has been and always will be --- but we are not going to shrivel up and melt away from warmer temps . [/quote]

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, just pointing out that currently we as a whole truly have no accurate idea what the climate is going to do. Yet some people are way to eager to change everything to "fix" it. We can not fix anything as long as half of the earth's population is still living in poverty. They could give two craps about the climate while they are just trying to survive. So how are we expected to get them on board.

Plus the politicians and the elites would probably welcome an ice-age. You want to wipe out a majority of the population, cold weather would do that way better than warmer weather. [/quote]

I agree , but he's gonna come back and tell you he knows more than you and everyone else that doesn't agree with him .As I stated earlier in this thread ---3B people warm their homes with wood and dung --- but that's OK because they are too poor and Governments can't tax them . Additionally , he will never respond to the NOAA data of an 8 year cooling trend --- he will post a chart drawn with his crayons showing that data isn't accurate

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide