Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hook Removal Trick!! [Re: Ken A.] #14539237 11/18/22 01:44 AM
fivebites Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Good one Ken. People are amazed how well it works when they're scared to death your gonna rip off their hand! LOL. It happened to me again when I was fishing with Clark Rheem on Rayburn last fall. We were on em deep jigging heavy little george type baits. Clark tries to boat flip one and it came unbuttoned. The heavy lure came at me like a rocket and hit me in the upper right side of my chest. Hurt like hell. He asks if I'm ok, kinda trying not to laugh. The hook has stuck to my shirt and as I start to try to remove it I realize...uh oh. It got me. Right in the bullseye! Dang. We tried to see exactly how it was hooked but it had pinned my shirt to my right nip. I cut a half dollar size hole out of my shirt so I could take it off and see what we were dealing with. Clark used the line trick and it was no big deal. Sore, but ok. It was late in the day and I had a four and half hour trip back to Austin, so we packed it up shortly after and I headed home. At the outside of Austin I was starving so I pulled into a Whataburger and went inside to get some chow. Standing in line and ready to order when I saw the look of horror on the teenage gals face! She was just standing there with her mouth wide open. Holy [censored]... I forgot! Nipple gate! LOL. Tucked my shirt over under my armpit to cover the Janet Jackson mishap, got my food, and dang near ran out of there laughing my head off.

Last edited by fivebites; 11/20/22 01:52 PM.

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Hook Removal Trick!! [Re: Ken A.] #14539245 11/18/22 01:51 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Had to do it both ways. Luckily i wasnt the one with the hook in me. Of course my buddy didnt like my rat l trap in his hand but the line trick worked great. Earlier this year my dad went to pop a worm hook out with his hand and somehow when he hit the hook the fish moved and the hook went way in to his hand. The only way was pushing it thru but we went back to our camp and it suprisingly went thru pretty good

Re: Hook Removal Trick!! [Re: fivebites] #14539273 11/18/22 02:12 AM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by fivebites
Good one Ken. People are amazed how well it works when they're scared to death your gonna rip off their hand! LOL. It happened to me again when I was fishing with Clark Rheem on Rayburn last fall. We were on em deep jigging heavy little george type baits. Clark tries to boat flip one and it came unbuttoned. The heavy lure came at me like a rocket and hit me in the upper left side of my chest. Hurt like hell. He asks if I'm ok, kinda trying not to laugh. The hook has stuck to my shirt and as I start to try to remove it I realize...uh oh. It got me. Right in the bullseye! Dang. We tried to see exactly how it was hooked but it had pinned my shirt to my left nip. I cut a half dollar size hole out of my shirt so I could take it off and see what we were dealing with. Clark used the line trick and it was no big deal. Sore, but ok. It was late in the day and I had a four and half hour trip back to Austin, so we packed it up shortly after and I headed home. At the outside of Austin I was starving so I pulled into a Whataburger and went inside to get some chow. Standing in line and ready to order when I saw the look of horror on the teenage gals face! She was just standing there with her mouth wide open. Holy [censored]... I forgot! Nipple gate! LOL. Tucked my shirt over under my armpit to cover the Janet Jackson mishap, got my food, and dang near ran out of there laughing my head off.

roflmao

Re: Hook Removal Trick!! [Re: fivebites] #14539311 11/18/22 02:52 AM
Ken A. Online Content OP
Groovy
OP Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by fivebites
Good one Ken. People are amazed how well it works when they're scared to death your gonna rip off their hand! LOL. It happened to me again when I was fishing with Clark Rheem on Rayburn last fall. We were on em deep jigging heavy little george type baits. Clark tries to boat flip one and it came unbuttoned. The heavy lure came at me like a rocket and hit me in the upper left side of my chest. Hurt like hell. He asks if I'm ok, kinda trying not to laugh. The hook has stuck to my shirt and as I start to try to remove it I realize...uh oh. It got me. Right in the bullseye! Dang. We tried to see exactly how it was hooked but it had pinned my shirt to my left nip. I cut a half dollar size hole out of my shirt so I could take it off and see what we were dealing with. Clark used the line trick and it was no big deal. Sore, but ok. It was late in the day and I had a four and half hour trip back to Austin, so we packed it up shortly after and I headed home. At the outside of Austin I was starving so I pulled into a Whataburger and went inside to get some chow. Standing in line and ready to order when I saw the look of horror on the teenage gals face! She was just standing there with her mouth wide open. Holy [censored]... I forgot! Nipple gate! LOL. Tucked my shirt over under my armpit to cover the Janet Jackson mishap, got my food, and dang near ran out of there laughing my head off.

If you had been IN Austin nobody would've given it a second glance cuz Austin is so Weird! roflmao

Re: Hook Removal Trick!! [Re: Ken A.] #14539470 11/18/22 01:01 PM
cob Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
The best way I found for show and tell is an orange. Easily seen at seminars and hook pops out easily. Also good for folks to practice with and figure out how to do it.

Some people go to church and think about fishing. Some go fishing and think about God.
Re: Hook Removal Trick!! [Re: Ken A.] #14540782 11/19/22 07:12 PM
B
Bassjiggin1955 Offline
Angler
Angler
B
A bottle of Jack Daniels and a pair or pliers works great for hook removal.

Home of the Original Puffball jig
Home of the Original Lions collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs since 1977
Re: Hook Removal Trick!! [Re: Ken A.] #14541111 11/20/22 01:34 AM
TGL Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
My Dad (84 yes old) did a video demonstration for a local Boy Scout Troop. He actually hooked himself to do the demo 🙈

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIIqAQ9u8k&t=219s

Re: Hook Removal Trick!! [Re: Ken A.] #14541169 11/20/22 03:18 AM
D
Dusty W. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
The line trick works

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread