Forums59
Topics1,039,956
Posts13,973,192
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Tiltman] #14479513 09/16/22 04:09 PM
Rockie Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Was 3.75% when we signed, city took almost 3 months to get permits done.

We could buy a 12 month lock once we had slab, at this point the city has cost us an unknown amount.

Not saying builder is perfect but they had slab done 3 weeks after permits approved

It is what it is , hopefully they peak and dip some if it gets back into 5’s we will lock

All depends on what the Feds do next week. If they Raise Rates .75 we should see a small bounce back on rates. If the rate increase is less than .75 we will see a really good improvement! If they raise rates higher than .75 we are all screwed. Rates will move very quick upwards. We offer long term rates for up to a year with a float down option. I just quoted a VA 120 lock at 5.75. Conventional are alittle higher though. Not sure what type of financing you are doing......

Last edited by Rockie Martin; 09/16/22 04:10 PM.

www.RockieMartin.com -I can help with your Mortgage needs for Purchasing a home or Refinancing.
Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Tiltman] #14479604 09/16/22 05:37 PM
Tiltman Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Will probably get in touch w you next week Rocky for some insight.

Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Tiltman] #14479731 09/16/22 07:06 PM
Rockie Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Looking forward to talking to you…. It’s been a bit…

www.RockieMartin.com -I can help with your Mortgage needs for Purchasing a home or Refinancing.
Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: WAWI] #14480007 09/17/22 12:36 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by WAWI
This would be a good time to 7 year ARM. Refi later.

Brother got an ARM quoted and it was higher than conventional. Makes no sense but the prices on them are awful right now.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Lon Hagler] #14480009 09/17/22 12:39 AM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Lon Hagler
The Fed is expected to increase the rate 0.75% (81% probability) bringing the high range to 3.25%. I wouldn't expect them to raise it a full point. Mortgages have priced this in the 0.75% increase, if we get a full point then rates will jump up and we are looking at 7% mortgage rates and I'll have to find another job.
Most sellers are offering long term rates locks, some up to a year.

I'm curious what business your in? Can you elaborate?

Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14480098 09/17/22 02:42 AM
F
Flip Flop Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
The Fed is expected to increase the rate 0.75% (81% probability) bringing the high range to 3.25%. I wouldn't expect them to raise it a full point. Mortgages have priced this in the 0.75% increase, if we get a full point then rates will jump up and we are looking at 7% mortgage rates and I'll have to find another job.

I'm guessing something to do with financing

Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14480125 09/17/22 03:03 AM
Rockie Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

I am in the Mortgage Business

Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: patriot07] #14480127 09/17/22 03:05 AM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by patriot07
My brother is using a popular builder in Caddo Mills. It's going absolutely awful. Builder has not used the materials in his build package sheet (instead choosing cheaper and lower-performing products). Builder said the materials in his agreed-upon package (that he and my brother signed) were too expensive and he could no longer do it. He said 11 months to complete, which means he'd be finishing this month, but he's not even dried in yet (can you imagine being nearly 12 months in without even having brick on the outside???). Brother could have locked in 4.9% for 60 days a month ago and been in decent shape. Now looks like it's going to be 6.5%+ and he's going to be paying $1500/month more than expected and he'll be paying it for a house that's not built to the agreed-upon contract.

I'm not sure if or how much my brother is planning on pushing the issue, but I hope he takes the builer to court and gets a bunch of $ out of him. What he's done is so incredibly wrong. Nothing but lies, [censored] quality, lack of customer service, breach of contract, and unnecessary delays that will end up costing my brother hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Hopefully, the builders name isn’t Scott Clements. The only thing he is popular for
Is ripping people off. Does he still advertise $70sq ft under roof ?

Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Tiltman] #14488472 09/26/22 02:07 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Checking back in with mortgage gurus. Brother is looking to lock this week (probably a 90-day lock). Did they do about what was expected and stay similar or improve a bit after the .75% rate hike?

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Tiltman] #14488513 09/26/22 02:41 PM
Tiltman Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
It's ugly right now, I still have 8-9 months so crossing fingers for improvement

Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: BThomas] #14488595 09/26/22 03:54 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
My brother is using a popular builder in Caddo Mills. It's going absolutely awful. Builder has not used the materials in his build package sheet (instead choosing cheaper and lower-performing products). Builder said the materials in his agreed-upon package (that he and my brother signed) were too expensive and he could no longer do it. He said 11 months to complete, which means he'd be finishing this month, but he's not even dried in yet (can you imagine being nearly 12 months in without even having brick on the outside???). Brother could have locked in 4.9% for 60 days a month ago and been in decent shape. Now looks like it's going to be 6.5%+ and he's going to be paying $1500/month more than expected and he'll be paying it for a house that's not built to the agreed-upon contract.

I'm not sure if or how much my brother is planning on pushing the issue, but I hope he takes the builer to court and gets a bunch of $ out of him. What he's done is so incredibly wrong. Nothing but lies, [censored] quality, lack of customer service, breach of contract, and unnecessary delays that will end up costing my brother hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I'd be looking to get out of that contract right now. It sounds like the builder is probably in breach, or at the very least not complying with the building standards outlined. Your brother should be able to get all his money back and walk.

If you wait until after the home is built, even if you win a lawsuit the builder just files Ch 11 and your brother is left with a low quality house for which he overpaid.

Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: patriot07] #14488614 09/26/22 04:03 PM
Rockie Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Checking back in with mortgage gurus. Brother is looking to lock this week (probably a 90-day lock). Did they do about what was expected and stay similar or improve a bit after the .75% rate hike?

Love to give you a quote for the mortgage....

Re: The Crystal Ball of Mortgage Rates? [Re: Rockie Martin] #14488642 09/26/22 04:21 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by COFF

I'd be looking to get out of that contract right now. It sounds like the builder is probably in breach, or at the very least not complying with the building standards outlined. Your brother should be able to get all his money back and walk.

If you wait until after the home is built, even if you win a lawsuit the builder just files Ch 11 and your brother is left with a low quality house for which he overpaid.

This is not a small time builder that would file chapter 11, close up shop, and re-open under a new name. This is a major builder with 100+ homes going at a time.

I've recommended my brother talk with a lawyer about his options, but I don't think he has. He doesn't want to file suit. He just wanted the house built in the time frame the builder said it would be done, to the specs the builder said he would use, and with the level of customer service that you'd expect with a near-half-million dollar transaction. But unfortunately none of that has happened.

Originally Posted by Rockie Martin

Love to give you a quote for the mortgage....

I'll send my brother your info

- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide