Forums59
Topics1,039,956
Posts13,973,167
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: SC-001] #14422242 07/17/22 02:13 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Originally Posted by slim 285
I think they should let some of the old timers in there just for nostalgic reasons.

I would rather see a Senior Tour. Have 3-4 tournaments a year, put a minimum age on it. See who the best of the best is out of the old farts

Me too. The best one goes to the Classic and represent all the old guys.

I dont think there is room for that, with NPFL you have way to many pro league/tour organizations already. With BPT, Elite and Pro Circuit there are already too many.

Are they having a hard time filling up the leagues? If so, yeh, too many tournament trails. I haven’t heard of a single pro trail that wasn’t full of anglers, so there is still room to add more.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14422256 07/17/22 02:49 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
My thinking if there was just a trail for the old dudes linked to the Classic or what ever is on the MLF's (they've got so much going on I'm not sure how all that works except for the BFL) side equivelent, some of the retired guys might jump back in.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: LeonSulak] #14422391 07/17/22 05:21 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I think a seniors trail would be like watching paint dry. Other than a handful of household names it would probably not draw a lot of entries or viewers. Plus it sounds like a money losing format for an organizer or a trail sponsor.

I would hate to see a Classic spot given from an event like this. Other than the federation Classic spots I don't like seeing a spit go to anyone not fishing the Elites.

Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14422429 07/17/22 06:11 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Are they having a hard time filling up the leagues? If so, yeh, too many tournament trails. I haven’t heard of a single pro trail that wasn’t full of anglers, so there is still room to add more.

I do wonder how many total have dropped out this year already, there have been a few press releases on bassfan about anglers "retiring" but not much, that would tell the story. I don't think bassfan treats the NPFL as a true pro league either.

Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: SC-001] #14422534 07/17/22 08:15 PM
F
Fishing on a string Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F

I do wonder how many total have dropped out this year already, there have been a few press releases on bassfan about anglers "retiring" but not much, that would tell the story. I don't think bassfan treats the NPFL as a true pro league either.

As I said before, if you can’t prove your skills at all 9 then you won’t make it. If Japanese anglers who don’t speak great English can come over here and earn a spot, then win or at least prove they can preform, then there’s no excuses for guy’s here not preforming. As for the NPFL they are making their brand and doing it their way. I heard an ignorant statement from the owner of Bass Cat say there wasn’t room for another trail, that sponsors are stretched too thin now. I hop he gets to eat those words. He’s the problem with growing the sport. Saying [censored] that’s not true.

Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: Fishing on a string] #14423141 07/18/22 03:50 PM
C
cobryan: OB'S Guide Service Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by Fishing on a string
Originally Posted by mudd
If they would have been doing this years ago we wouldn’t have the low caliber of elite guys we currently have right now. Not many are actually contenders but just place holders

Originally Posted by mudd
If they would have been doing this years ago we wouldn’t have the low caliber of elite guys we currently have right now. Not many are actually contenders but just place holders

This is a fact, guy’s win on their area lakes like Gleason then goes out there and doesn’t preform. Hopefully this stops this from happening in the future

The year Gleason won on Toledo Bend isn't the year he qualified. Sounds like you are a little Salty.

OB's Guide Service - Lake Lewisville, Lake Ray Roberts, and Lake Fork
972-310-0399
https://obsguideservice.com/
https://www.facebook.com/OBSGuideService

Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: Mark Perry] #14423701 07/19/22 12:26 AM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I think a seniors trail would be like watching paint dry. Other than a handful of household names it would probably not draw a lot of entries or viewers. Plus it sounds like a money losing format for an organizer or a trail sponsor.

I would hate to see a Classic spot given from an event like this. Other than the federation Classic spots I don't like seeing a spit go to anyone not fishing the Elites.
Mark I think they could do this kind of on a format like a big bass pot in a club tournament in the Open series there would really be no need to start another trail. As far as the classic goes I think adding one more spot for these guys wouldn't be that big of a push.
I'd like to see the the high school champs go to the classic to but that one I see no way to make it work on logistic level. Needing a boat captain because of their age would throw a wet blanket over that idea, but that's why there in the college spot. I;d have to admit it would be cool to see some high school kid hoist that trophy. They'd be an instant legend.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: Mark Perry] #14423703 07/19/22 12:29 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

the olds can fish the BFLs, Opens and Toyotas

#MFGA
Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14423708 07/19/22 12:35 AM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

Mark I think they could do this kind of on a format like a big bass pot in a club tournament in the Open series there would really be no need to start another trail. As far as the classic goes I think adding one more spot for these guys wouldn't be that big of a push.
I'd like to see the the high school champs go to the classic to but that one I see no way to make it work on logistic level. Needing a boat captain because of their age would throw a wet blanket over that idea, but that's why there in the college spot. I;d have to admit it would be cool to see some high school kid hoist that trophy. They'd be an instant legend.

0 good ideas. Try again.

Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14423711 07/19/22 12:36 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

I hope the Classic stays like it is. While I think overall HS fishing is a good thing those kids have not earned the privilege to fish the Classic.

Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: Mark Perry] #14423712 07/19/22 12:38 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

I hope the Classic stays like it is. While I think overall HS fishing is a good thing those kids have not earned the privilege to fish the Classic.

100%

#MFGA
Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: LeonSulak] #14423777 07/19/22 01:57 AM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
The Elite format is stacked against the guy who finishes top 3 of his division because they don’t find out they are in until fall. That only gives them a couple of months to raise funds before deposits are due. By the time they start fishing in March, they are so behind the 8 ball they have to fish defensively in hopes of just getting a check. BASS doesn’t like this. Truth is, the current system just sets them up for failure. Bass assumes a guy who can afford to fish all 9 and do well has the means and support to fish the Elites as well and not drop out after a few tournaments as some have because the can’t catch up. I get the reasoning here…

Last edited by yamaha runner; 07/19/22 02:05 AM.
Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: SC-001] #14423795 07/19/22 02:09 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

Because it isn't a true pro league

Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: LeonSulak] #14423822 07/19/22 02:31 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Fritts has been at the bottom of AOY standings every year since he has been back on legends exemption. He just isn’t competitive at the Elite level. He should have been out after 2 years.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 07/19/22 02:34 AM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: 2023 Bassmaster Elite Qualifying Change [Re: Fishspanker] #14423928 07/19/22 10:30 AM
Neal G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
Fritts has been at the bottom of AOY standings every year since he has been back on legends exemption. He just isn’t competitive at the Elite level. He should have been out after 2 years.

Fritts should have never been invited back. BASS should have at least asked him if he was going to try.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide