Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Either a giant 8-9 inch saltwater topwater, or maybe a 12 inch worm if I was going over there. Maybe flip some deeper trees upriver. Idk. I live 40 mins away and hadn’t been over since early May. I just been told it was tough. Know a guy over there two days with 1 bite, and another that was over there 3-5 times a week that is going other places. Tough time of year to be there but the big ones are still around. Maybe get lucky and put it on front of one, maybe not.

Looks like Josh Jones is still catching them according to his reports

First off not really sure if you’re trying to disprove me or something. Just sharing what I was told by a couple of reputable locals as well as my experience. Second, this may hurt your feelings, but don’t believe everything you see on fb. Things aren’t always as they seem.

I was just stating what I saw posted online. Him and a couple of DFW guides post a lot about Ivie.

#MFGA
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ivie Reports [Re: JJHunts] #14394346 06/15/22 03:40 AM
J
JJHunts Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Don’t want guys getting in argument based on my original post. As for Josh Jones, I passed him in Wichita Falls last week headed South on I44…. I don’t do the Facebook thing and not 1,000% sure but I bet he was heading there.

That said, I appreciate all the info and expected a tough bite. It is the season unless you find them ganged up. 25 years ago I could tell you a lot, not so much anymore.

I am just ready for a West Tx sunset, a breakfast burrito and a day in the water.

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: Douglas J] #14394354 06/15/22 03:56 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Either a giant 8-9 inch saltwater topwater, or maybe a 12 inch worm if I was going over there. Maybe flip some deeper trees upriver. Idk. I live 40 mins away and hadn’t been over since early May. I just been told it was tough. Know a guy over there two days with 1 bite, and another that was over there 3-5 times a week that is going other places. Tough time of year to be there but the big ones are still around. Maybe get lucky and put it on front of one, maybe not.

First off not really sure if you’re trying to disprove me or something. Just sharing what I was told by a couple of reputable locals as well as my experience. Second, this may hurt your feelings, but don’t believe everything you see on fb. Things aren’t always as they seem.

I was just stating what I saw posted online. Him and a couple of DFW guides post a lot about Ivie.

Then don’t tag my comment because it makes you seem like you’re trying to be condescending. I stated what I was told. If you have another report post it and leave me out of it because I don’t care what those guys are posting.

Last edited by J.H.S.; 06/15/22 03:56 AM.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: Douglas J] #14394376 06/15/22 10:13 AM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

This is my observation, I’ve seen Kyle Hall on the water with customers on a regular basis lately, I’ve seen Jones on the water a few times and he is solo so I don’t know how much actual guiding he does. He posted a pic of a 12 Saturday before last and wasn’t even here. funny thing was he posted the exact same fish wearing the exact same clothes in the exact same spot 6 days prior on a different SM platform.

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: JJHunts] #14394588 06/15/22 02:37 PM
T
T54 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
He posted one wearing a beanie this week, so yeah I think he is recycling some old catches

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: JJHunts] #14394737 06/15/22 04:58 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by JJHunts
Don’t want guys getting in argument based on my original post. As for Josh Jones, I passed him in Wichita Falls last week headed South on I44…. I don’t do the Facebook thing and not 1,000% sure but I bet he was heading there.

That said, I appreciate all the info and expected a tough bite. It is the season unless you find them ganged up. 25 years ago I could tell you a lot, not so much anymore.

I am just ready for a West Tx sunset, a breakfast burrito and a day in the water.

Since jerry sold elm you better make your own burrito cause the food at elm has gone to hell.

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: WAWI] #14394780 06/15/22 05:39 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by WAWI

Since jerry sold elm you better make your own burrito cause the food at elm has gone to hell.

I really liked Jerry, but i couldnt disagree with this comment any more than i do.

The food is as good as it ever was IMO.

Last edited by sprigsss; 06/15/22 05:40 PM.
Re: Ivie Reports [Re: JJHunts] #14394792 06/15/22 05:55 PM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Like anywhere it depends who’s cooking, Jerry was way more consistent. It’s a hit or miss now, just like the gas pumps, one day they work next day they don’t.

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: WAWI] #14394867 06/15/22 06:57 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Its crazy that the owner just allows the out of town guides to block the gas pumps every morning and have a little party on the front patio while signing autographs.... . I ALMOST got one.

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: WAWI] #14395184 06/15/22 11:55 PM
21elite Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Their breakfast burritos suck

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: Barrett] #14395199 06/16/22 12:08 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Barrett

Its crazy that the owner just allows the out of town guides to block the gas pumps every morning and have a little party on the front patio while signing autographs.... . I ALMOST got one.

Are you saying that idiots actually get autographs from the ivie bunch? Lol

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #14395203 06/16/22 12:09 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Like anywhere it depends who’s cooking, Jerry was way more consistent. It’s a hit or miss now, just like the gas pumps, one day they work next day they don’t.

Are the bathrooms still "out of order"...... if I cant use the bathroom and wash my hands I just dont spend money in a place.

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: WAWI] #14395207 06/16/22 12:12 AM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

Are the bathrooms still "out of order"...... if I cant use the bathroom and wash my hands I just dont spend money in a place.

Have no idea, don’t go there unless I absolutely have too and would rather chit in the parking lot trash can then use their bathrooms.

Re: Ivie Reports [Re: WAWI] #14395209 06/16/22 12:14 AM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Barrett

Are you saying that idiots actually get autographs from the ivie bunch? Lol

He was wanting to spoon with them but they refused the offer! roflmao

Last edited by Caymas Cx 21; 06/16/22 12:15 AM.
Re: Ivie Reports [Re: JJHunts] #14395218 06/16/22 12:26 AM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I was ready to grab some pony tails and twist some mustaches… even told em I’d wear a hoodie too and they refused.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide