Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13534800 04/26/20 06:39 AM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
That is correct. Bought it knowing PP mast was missing. Thought there was a chance that I could possibly come up with the missing mast from a TFF member. Mast has been missing for some time while the prior owner had the boat. Now that I own the boat it’s time to try and make it functional once again possibly if used parts are found to exist.

TAKE A PHOTO HOME NOT THE FISH. CATCH AND RELEASE
Set the hook first and ask questions later.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Power Pole missing [Re: Flippin-Out] #13535586 04/27/20 01:23 AM
JBranham Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by JBranham
Highly recommend installing a disconnect switch so you can shut off power before traveling.

You betcha! ....and covers - aren't just for vanity. A mechanic pointed out that you stop a lot of the wear and tear from them flopping around when driving down the road. Think of all the hours you drive - quite often that's way more than the outboard hours with the boat on plane. I had to put bushing kits in two power poles on a used boat. He looked at them and said "that's road wear". They were really shot, luckily not yet worn beyond the thickness of the material.

I had the covers and didn’t care for them much. I’m not tall and trying to slip them on and off was a pain so instead I bought the Power Pole Velcro Straps and use them for traveling. They keep them tight and secure going down the road and if I ever have a problem on the water, such as a busted hose, I can use the strap(s) to keep them up and in place.

[Linked Image]

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: JBranham] #13535719 04/27/20 03:27 AM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Highly recommend installing a disconnect switch so you can shut off power before traveling.

You betcha! ....and covers - aren't just for vanity. A mechanic pointed out that you stop a lot of the wear and tear from them flopping around when driving down the road. Think of all the hours you drive - q87uite often that's way more than the outboard hours with the boat on plane. I had to put bushing kits in two power poles on a used boat. He looked at them and said "that's road wear". They were really shot, luckily not yet worn beyond the thickness of the material.

I had the covers and didn’t care for them much. I’m not tall and trying to slip them on and off was a pain so instead I bought the Power Pole Velcro Straps and use them for traveling. They keep them tight and secure going down the road and if I ever have a problem on the water, such as a busted hose, I can use the strap(s) to keep them up and in place.

[Linked Image]

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13535731 04/27/20 03:55 AM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
I like the Velcro Strap idea. Wish the prior owner had used one and it would not have been dragging on the pavement like it did. The same thing could have happened to me. If I ever get a arm and pole put back on it I’m going to take your suggestion. I hope I can come up with one used to save money. If I had a bunch of money I may not have bought this heavily used 2011 Phoenix with issues here and there. Trying to peace meal this boat back in good working order with sweat equity is some work. It’s been tournament fished all over the US hard it’s whole life through two men and is now retired. I feel lucky to have it because I have been driving a 1993 Nitro since 1996. Yahoo

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13535815 04/27/20 10:50 AM
H
Hook'Em 79 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
8’ or 10’ poles? I think I might have an extra one I’ll give you if it’s a10’er. Need to check my barn though and make sure my nephew didn’t throw them out when he cleaned it up a couple months ago. Also, like others have said you can call their customer service line and tell them what happened. I bet they send you one for free.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13535983 04/27/20 02:02 PM
ReelSlow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
PP velcro straps look nice but a piece of romex will do the job.

GOD is good!
Re: Power Pole missing [Re: Hook'Em 79] #13536060 04/27/20 02:59 PM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Originally Posted by Hook'em79
8’ or 10’ poles? I think I might have an extra one I’ll give you if it’s a10’er. Need to check my barn though and make sure my nephew didn’t throw them out when he cleaned it up a couple months ago. Also, like others have said you can call their customer service line and tell them what happened. I bet they send you one for free.
Oh please do Hook’em. Look for me and see if you still have them. I’m 74 years old but I have always been what is know as a gear head kind of guy so there is a good chance I could get it working. The prior owner is a family member which said it was working before the accident. He pulled the unit that was dragging off and taped up both lines. Only on Texas Fishing Forum will someone jump in there like you have. Truth be known the single Talon on my old boat is what I held onto when nature called. I know I would have gone over more than once had it not been for that Talon. Old and fat is not what you want to be when standing up on the back deck trying your best to clear the boat if you follow me. After I set for a long time I’m not at all steady looking down like that. 10 will work. Thanks

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13536298 04/27/20 05:14 PM
B
Blue Devil 7 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I just went through a similar situation. I bought a used boat in 2018 that had everything except the actual powerpole assembly. I found a seller on ebay that was selling just the part I needed and I was able to do the install myself. Also, You don't need to spend $15 on a special piece of velcro from Powerpole, any velcro strap or bungee will keep it in place. They unfold like that if there is a pressure leak in the system somewhere. Keep a close eye on the hose connections for leaks.

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13536472 04/27/20 07:03 PM
H
Hook'Em 79 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by jafish
Originally Posted by Hook'em79
Oh please do Hook’em. Look for me and see if you still have them. I’m 74 years old but I have always been what is know as a gear head kind of guy so there is a good chance I could get it working. The prior owner is a family member which said it was working before the accident. He pulled the unit that was dragging off and taped up both lines. Only on Texas Fishing Forum will someone jump in there like you have. Truth be known the single Talon on my old boat is what I held onto when nature called. I know I would have gone over more than once had it not been for that Talon. Old and fat is not what you want to be when standing up on the back deck trying your best to clear the boat if you follow me. After I set for a long time I’m not at all steady looking down like that. 10 will work. Thanks

Just sent him a text. To be clear mine is for a 10’ blade edition. If you don’t have the same model I’m not sure it will work.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13536583 04/27/20 08:09 PM
H
Hook'Em 79 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
He texted me back and thinks they are still there. He is going to text me tonight and confirm.

I will let you know.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13537088 04/28/20 03:12 AM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Hook’em 79 you said call customer service and that is just what I did. They told me to take photos of the damage so I did as they asked. They said they would look at the photos and get back to me about the problem. That is where I am now so we shall see if they take care of it are not. Will let you know when I find out what they decide. Thanks for all of your advice and help with this. Guess they are trying to decide why it came down. There was no electrical power to this unit are any other unit on the boat at the time of loss. Must be a hydraulic issue of some type to allow it to deploy while the boat was under tow. Thanks sir.

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13537538 04/28/20 02:24 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: jafish] #13539180 04/29/20 03:50 PM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Hook’em 79 I didn’t hear back from the power pole company J L Marine so I called them. They agreed to send me new parts at no cost but the big arm was damaged so they charged me half which was 146.00. My arm is a 8 footer. I went ahead and paid it so I could get the correct length. That will get me out of your hair (providing you still have hair) and hopefully allow me to put the unit back together. Thanks for your offer and your advise.

Re: Power Pole missing [Re: Rayzor] #13539682 04/29/20 11:43 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Rayzor
I got home from fishing one day and found that the bottom bolt had fallen out of the bottom knuckle. I had a drift paddle installed and turned to the side. I don't know how long I had been dragging it but it scraped off one corner. Does not hamper its performance. That part of the paddle is never in the water.

I looked at my Power Pole after fishing Saturday. The nylon-insert SS nut on the top bolt was gone. The fact that it didn't come out and allow my pole to drop again like before, is a miracle. I think driving long distances with the drift paddle installed makes the bracketry wobble. It won't happen again.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide