Forums59
Topics1,041,109
Posts13,993,641
Members144,249
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: John175☮] #13510778 04/09/20 09:11 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by lanman71
1 out of every 757,255 people in Texas has died from this so far. John and Wawi, y'all need to be taking this more seriously.

Thanks for the reminder

Do you have a chart?

It's not really a chart, but I can post screen shots of you agreeing with just about any opinion you can think of on this virus, including you agreeing this virus could kill millions of people. Would you like me to start posting those folks can see who the world champion waffler really is?

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Jpurdue] #13510784 04/09/20 09:13 PM
G
Gusick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
NEVER! This virus is my destiny and you godless freedom haters can't take it away. flag

Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Jpurdue] #13510797 04/09/20 09:20 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by _Mike_
Forcing people to wear a face mask would be a violation of one's civil liberties no matter how effective it would actually be.

We're all well aware how the majority of this forum's members oppose any restriction of their freedom to do as they please.

How's it different than a seat belt?

I don’t have to wear a seatbelt when I:

Ride a bike
Walk down the sidewalk
Shop
Fish
Exercise in a gym
Ride the bus
Ride the subway
Etc

You only have to wear a seatbelt for one thing, and you’re not forced to do that one thing, it’s a privilege, not a right.

[Linked Image]
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13510801 04/09/20 09:23 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
I saw they just lowered death projections again. This will end up killing less people than the flu

Was that a statement or an expression of disappointed?

[Linked Image]

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Jpurdue] #13510802 04/09/20 09:23 PM
C
CrankAddict Offline
The Panther
The Panther
C
Again, there is no real data on the death rates. Every county in Texas responds to potential cases differently and some of those who have been counted as victims of Covid were never tested. If you don't collect the data in the same way then you can't compare it.

More people will die from the mental health implications of the shut down than from the virus itself.

Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Jpurdue] #13510805 04/09/20 09:25 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Can I wear mt Darth Vader mask? How about my Dark Helmet helmet?

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13510807 04/09/20 09:26 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Forcing people to wear a face mask would be a violation of one's civil liberties no matter how effective it would actually be.

We're all well aware how the majority of this forum's members oppose any restriction of their freedom to do as they please.

How's it different than a seat belt?

I don’t have to wear a seatbelt when I:

Ride a bike
Walk down the sidewalk
Shop
Fish
Exercise in a gym
Ride the bus
Ride the subway
Etc

You only have to wear a seatbelt for one thing, and you’re not forced to do that one thing, it’s a privilege, not a right.

Nobody is going to force you to go into public. They have an app for that.

Not looking for everyone to agree, I do think it's a short term viable option that could get the economy going again. Just my opinion from what I see in the science literature. Looks like about 3:1 on this forum would be okay with it. Interesting.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Jpurdue] #13510809 04/09/20 09:26 PM
C
CrankAddict Offline
The Panther
The Panther
C
And as far as the masks go.

1. Get a mask
2. Get a squirt bottle
3. Squirt water through the mask.
4. Watch the droplets pass directly through the mask

Anyone who's ever taken an OSHA or 3rd grade science class knows that that air and water particles are preeeeetty small and can pass through a lot of spaces, including those between the threads of a mask. Unless it's the N95 mask and worn according to manufacturers specs, all it does is make you look like a sheep.

Last edited by CrankAddict; 04/09/20 09:27 PM.
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: CrankAddict] #13510826 04/09/20 09:30 PM
retdbasser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by CrankAddict

1. Get a mask
2. Get a squirt bottle

Anyone who's ever taken an OSHA or 3rd grade science class knows that that air and water particles are preeeeetty small and can pass through a lot of spaces, including those between the threads of a mask. Unless it's the N95 mask and worn according to manufacturers specs, all it does is make you look like a sheep.

Never tried that but would it also penetrate MY mask from 6 feet away.

Prepare for the future-it will be here tomorrow.
Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 9 lbs. 12 oz 5/13/19.
Herb Stein, who famously reminded us that “if something can’t go on forever, it will stop.”
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Bob Davis] #13510843 04/09/20 09:35 PM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
No I would not for fear of it becoming the norm. This is not china. Only those who are sick should wear one to prevent sneezing and breathing sickness onto those who are not. Cloth ones only protect others. If I am sick I would wear one of course because I don't want to infect anyone else. But if I am healthy I don't want to have to wear one. Have you seen photos of the citizens of china walking around with masks? No thanks.

cheers

Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: CrankAddict] #13510845 04/09/20 09:35 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by CrankAddict

1. Get a mask
2. Get a squirt bottle

You serious Clark?

1. Get a squirt bottle.
2. Squirt it out into the air.
3. Measure how far it goes.
4. Put a mask in front of the squirt bottle and squirt it again.
5. Measure how far that goes.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Jpurdue] #13510862 04/09/20 09:41 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Why aren't doctors just wearing bandannas if they are so effective?

[Linked Image]
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: _Mike_] #13510863 04/09/20 09:41 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Have you ever heard of the Harm Principle?

in it's simple form it is translated as you can do whatever you want as long as you aren't harming others. This principle would be applied to your view of civil liberty. Because you can be infected with no symptoms and therefore a carrier of the disease, you would be infringing on others civil liberties by infecting them.

So yes, the Govt. very well can order you to wear a mask without infringing on your civil liberties because the legal argument would be they are protecting others civil liberties. LOL

As to the others talking about seatbelts.....

As to the whole Civil Liberties aspect of the seatbealt law? It's hogwash, because me not wearing my seatbelt only puts myself at risk, no different then the old motorcycle helmet laws, I'm not harming others, only myself. It is indeed infringing on ones liberty.

Apples and oranges....

http://www.denalirods.com
�Some men fish all their lives without knowing it is not really the fish they are after.� -Henry David Thoreau
Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Bob Davis] #13510871 04/09/20 09:43 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
No I would not for fear of it becoming the norm. This is not china. Only those who are sick should wear one to prevent sneezing and breathing sickness onto those who are not. Cloth ones only protect others. If I am sick I would wear one of course because I don't want to infect anyone else. But if I am healthy I don't want to have to wear one. Have you seen photos of the citizens of china walking around with masks? No thanks.

The issue with this virus is you can have it for 10 days and not have any symptoms but still be contagious. No I don’t want to have to wear one forever but for the short-term going to the store I can live with that.

At my job it is not an option as of today you wear it or get sent home so yeah you have a choice.

Re: If it meant we got to immediately reopen the economy, would you follow this one rule [Re: Jpurdue] #13510877 04/09/20 09:45 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by lanman71
1 out of every 757,255 people in Texas has died from this so far. John and Wawi, y'all need to be taking this more seriously.

Thanks for the reminder

Do you have a chart?

It's not really a chart, but I can post screen shots of you agreeing with just about any opinion you can think of on this virus, including you agreeing this virus could kill millions of people. Would you like me to start posting those folks can see who the world champion waffler really is?

I suspect I have been very consistent with my opinion of the massive over reaction. I think you know that but feel free as to make up whatever you want. You have a habit of it I suspect. And that's just my opinion.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide