Forums59
Topics1,039,946
Posts13,972,920
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13116957 04/08/19 12:35 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
All i see from the teams that dq'ed is a lot of excuses. Rules are rules. Read them. Memorize them and follow them

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: Dubee] #13116958 04/08/19 12:36 AM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by Dubee

How do you know how good the team is that took the pic and turned them in. Maybe it was the winning team. Maybe they just want everyone to follow the rule like they do.

It would be something if a DQd team got another team DQd.
Really does not matter. They should have had to turn in the pic at the mandatory meeting the day before the tournament. Allowing them to go through weigh in and then striking them down is the wrong message to send to these kids.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: 5Redman8] #13116962 04/08/19 12:43 AM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by 5Redman8
The rules include receiving information.

I have read the rule. I guess I don't consider "overhearing" someone talking about a spot you already fish as receiving information. I suspect there may be a bit more to this than we currently know.

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13116963 04/08/19 12:45 AM
RandyD Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
sounds to me like a whole lot of wrong messages being promoted here... what an absolute mess...the integrity of Texas High School team fishing has taken a big set back with this [censored]... Fix it parents... YOU and your kids own it...

Require a whole lot of luck...

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13116967 04/08/19 12:47 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Ditchpickle21, good job posting the facts of what happened and taking ownership in the incident and not pointing fingers elsewhere! thumb Its some of the adults that are getting embarrassing and stinking this post up. Go get em next time!

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13116980 04/08/19 12:58 AM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
A lot of people able to throw the first stone on this message board. Congrats on being able to live such clean lives.

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13116982 04/08/19 01:04 AM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I think everyone has been pretty good in this thread. Nobody has been out of line.

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13116984 04/08/19 01:06 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
It's amazing how many people have no problem with people breaking rules but have a problem with people that turn them in. Our society is going to h*ll quickly

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: Dubee] #13116985 04/08/19 01:06 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by ditchpickel21
As one of the kids on the 6th place team it was really disappointing to have our season end the way that it did. yes we broke the rule but in no way was it to be looking for bedding fish or in any other way that would give us an advantage. the picture was taken of me and my brother as we idled under the 35-bridge in the picture I am wearing my life jacket and my brother the one some of you all have said was standing is clearly seen squated in his chair HOLDING his life jacket in his left hand because we had just put in at Hickory creek ramp. so yes we broke the rule but in no way was it for us to gain a advantage over the competition. Me and my broth work very hard because fishing is what we love and it sucks to have something like this happen. but this is a lesson we will learn from. Im only saying this because I do not want people talking about me and my brother as if we were cheating to gain an advantage over the competition. The photo was taken while we were pre fishing[Linked Image]

Clearly it was an unfortunate slip up. What concerns me more is that some team has such poor fishing skills that their prefishing consists of looking for other teams making minor rule infractions and documenting them. A TEAM OF WINNERS would say, hey guys! Life jackets and wave.

Worry about yourselves people!!! Snitches wind up in ditches!

Losers take pictures of [censored] like this!

All I can say to the 6th place team is follow the rules to the very last detail, then weigh those fish and take their money next time. And pose for pictures!

How do you know how good the team is that took the pic and turned them in. Maybe it was the winning team. Maybe they just want everyone to follow the rule like they do.

I dont know how good they are, I only know the integrity of its team members. Its a low thing to do...waiting till weigh in to have them DQed. That, it and of itself, makes them losers. Sounds like they are vengeful and lack morals. The proper thing to do, if it is indeed a rule to police others, would be to immediately turn over the evidence to the tourney directors. Not wait and see and then pull the plug on their day. Thats retaliation. Not inforcing the rule.

You see my point? Probably not.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: RandyD] #13116991 04/08/19 01:15 AM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by RandyD
sounds to me like a whole lot of wrong messages being promoted here... what an absolute mess...the integrity of Texas High School team fishing has taken a big set back with this [censored]... Fix it parents... YOU and your kids own it...

what mess?
Rules were violated, dq's were applied, teams in question owned up and admitted mistakes. Doesn't seem like a mess and the teams in question have earned a measure of respect for owning their mistakes. I'm betting they pay more attention in the future.
The first year my two monkeys qualified for regionals, there was a team that dq'd themselves. Somehow, they ended up with 6 fish in the box at the end of the day. The dq cost them their shot at State that year but earned them serious respect from other anglers and captain's.
Mistakes happen. It's how you deal with them that really lets people know who you are and what your made of.

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13117003 04/08/19 01:23 AM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by ditchpickel21
As one of the kids on the 6th place team it was really disappointing to have our season end the way that it did. yes we broke the rule but in no way was it to be looking for bedding fish or in any other way that would give us an advantage. the picture was taken of me and my brother as we idled under the 35-bridge in the picture I am wearing my life jacket and my brother the one some of you all have said was standing is clearly seen squated in his chair HOLDING his life jacket in his left hand because we had just put in at Hickory creek ramp. so yes we broke the rule but in no way was it for us to gain a advantage over the competition. Me and my broth work very hard because fishing is what we love and it sucks to have something like this happen. but this is a lesson we will learn from. Im only saying this because I do not want people talking about me and my brother as if we were cheating to gain an advantage over the competition. The photo was taken while we were pre fishing[Linked Image]

Clearly it was an unfortunate slip up. What concerns me more is that some team has such poor fishing skills that their prefishing consists of looking for other teams making minor rule infractions and documenting them. A TEAM OF WINNERS would say, hey guys! Life jackets and wave.

Worry about yourselves people!!! Snitches wind up in ditches!

Losers take pictures of [censored] like this!

All I can say to the 6th place team is follow the rules to the very last detail, then weigh those fish and take their money next time. And pose for pictures!

I dont know how good they are, I only know the integrity of its team members. Its a low thing to do...waiting till weigh in to have them DQed. That, it and of itself, makes them losers. Sounds like they are vengeful and lack morals. The proper thing to do, if it is indeed a rule to police others, would be to immediately turn over the evidence to the tourney directors. Not wait and see and then pull the plug on their day. Thats retaliation. Not inforcing the rule.

You see my point? Probably not.

Let me run this by you....
perhaps they were turned in Friday night at the meeting. Meeting is busy, officials are doing about a million different things on Friday night. Say it cant be addressed until after the meeting.
Pic has to be looked at by tournament official, TX numbers have to be run to discover the boat and team associated with the boat, boat captain and team have to be questioned about photo.
This all happens Saturday while teams are on the water. Teams come in, weigh fish, team in question is pulled to the side and informed of dq.
Perhaps, there was no conspiracy going on. Perhaps, it was the best the officials could do in as timely a manner as
possible.

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13117006 04/08/19 01:27 AM
C
Catching Air Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
My daughter fishes the SETX and I captain for her team. I dont like the 2 week info rule cause the place we have our rv has guides in the park that basically live there. They are also very good friends and have been for many years. Long before they were guides. I cant even talk fishing cause of a possible rule violation. Not that they give way points or anything just general info of what has been changing in the past week since I have been on the water. I personally feel THSBA and SETX could solve most of the problems by making the rule that the captain has to be a family member of the kids fishing. And the info rule should be no buying selling or bartering. This would make a lot more since to me. A post a above said that BASS has had this rule in place for a while. That is true but only at the elite level. I would also like to see SETX cap the field at 250-300 teams last tournament was 520 and I no there is cheating going on cause my daughter heard 2 boys say as long as your not in the top 5 it dont matter what they do. There thats it done complaining.

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: Catching Air] #13117013 04/08/19 01:35 AM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Catching Air
My daughter fishes the SETX and I captain for her team. I dont like the 2 week info rule cause the place we have our rv has guides in the park that basically live there. They are also very good friends and have been for many years. Long before they were guides. I cant even talk fishing cause of a possible rule violation. Not that they give way points or anything just general info of what has been changing in the past week since I have been on the water. I personally feel THSBA and SETX could solve most of the problems by making the rule that the captain has to be a family member of the kids fishing. And the info rule should be no buying selling or bartering. This would make a lot more since to me. A post a above said that BASS has had this rule in place for a while. That is true but only at the elite level. I would also like to see SETX cap the field at 250-300 teams last tournament was 520 and I no there is cheating going on cause my daughter heard 2 boys say as long as your not in the top 5 it dont matter what they do. There thats it done complaining.

tons of kids that want to fish and no family members own a boat. guess that means they are just s.o.l.?
There are also a lot of captain's that enjoy the program and the opportunity to pass along knowledge that don't have kids or their kids are already grown. Me being one of them.

Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13117018 04/08/19 01:36 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Youre probably right txduckhunter.

I know that Friday is practice day. Thats when this pic was taken. It could have been dealt with on Friday. Im sure. If its important enough, it can happen in minutes. The boats have to be registered a week in advance. Not the boat owners....the boats. The numbers are on record. On the same records would be the boat owner, captain (if different) and team members. Along with all their contact information.

Again. I am sure that this wasnt handled in a timely manner. As it should have been done. A simple phone call, then a text of a copy of the pic. Then a quick look at records. Then a few more phone calls.

The whole process could be done in as little as 5 minutes. Minutes....not days.

Of course, this is based on what I think. Not what others think. It might be that it takes some folks an entire day or more to come to a conclusion and make a phone call. Who knows.

But. I see your point.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Lewiville HS Tourny. Top 2 DQ'd?? [Re: txsuperman] #13117019 04/08/19 01:38 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
I have "heard" of people being offered some good cash money to "captain" some junior angler types on these people's home lakes.

I guess it's win at any cost

#MFGA
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide