Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13102883 03/26/19 12:30 AM
slim 285 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Jones is your biggest sponsor for your Big Bass Tour- Bass Pro , Cabelas ?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Neal G] #13102891 03/26/19 12:38 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Neal G
For weekend tournaments and semi pro tournaments - co-anglers pay entry fees, cameras do not.

As far as technology - cellular service sucks on many or our lakes & rivers - no way weekend & semi-pro can afford implementing "new" technology. There are 100+ tournaments just on Rayburn & Toledo with chity cell service. Not to mention screwed up weighing of fish without another human involved.

Lol, no one's listening, they're just typing replies. The tech WILL get there eventually, EVERYWHERE, including Rayburn and any other remote place you can dream up. We stream TV live in full HD from apps that didn't exist five years ago. We watch fishing Live now and didn't 10 years ago. You'll eventually have a camera on board that is live (if you want it to be) that watches you weigh your fish (if you want it to) that enters the weight into your Bird, Lowrance, Garmin or whatever is next etc etc. This has nothing to do with Boyd Duckett or any other professional Tour. It has to do with progress. Simple improvements in tech that make your lives easier and your passion more enjoyable.

You can all sit here and fight it and be nostalgic and argue that today it's hard and not scalable and that people want to come to a weigh in. Today YOU ARE right, tomorrow you won't be. Lot's of things that we do every day were hard and not scalable 10 years ago. Over time CWR will prevail because it will be easier on the angler, the fish and more practical, as mentioned you might use it for a one fish derby, a five fish derby or a MLF derby. Sit back and watch it all unfold. Or stick your heads in the sand. Time will play it all out.

It's almost comical to watch everyone battle this and argue over progress.
hammer

Rant over moving along. We can pull this thread up in 2024 and check our progress or lack thereof...

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: slim 285] #13102893 03/26/19 12:40 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by slim 285
Jones is your biggest sponsor for your Big Bass Tour- Bass Pro , Cabelas ?

Yes, of course, that's why they're the title sponsor. grin

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Dubee] #13102895 03/26/19 12:42 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Mhobbs
Youve drank the Ducket cool aid. Sorry for you that bass fishing the way it has been done for many years is not fun any longer. The passion and excitement for catching the five biggest fish in a tournament that got us all into bass fishing cant be replaced.

Just because someone likes MLF doesn't mean they drank the Duckett cool aid. Not everyone is set in their ways. I have fished a few tournaments over the last 30+ yrs. To me it's not about the 5 biggest. It's about the competition and winning. I don't care if it's a 1 fish big bass, 5 fish limit or the most fish you can catch.

^^^^ Yep this, most fish to complete and win and enjoy. The "weigh in" will be optional.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Mark Jones] #13102973 03/26/19 01:42 AM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
I dont care what they do. I wont be a fan. I think its the stupidest format. Period. But thats just my opinion.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13102983 03/26/19 01:49 AM
206champion Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
It may go the CWR way I the professional tours but it will be a long time before it gets down to the club levels just for the fact of the money not everyone has unlimited money. Just my 2 cents worth.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13102986 03/26/19 01:51 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
If tournaments ever change to just who can catch the most dinks Ill probably quit tournament fishing. I just dont see it happening. Sponsorships platforms rely on the fan interaction and from what Ive seen from the BPT weigh in, they have none. TV will only take you so far. Youre talking about a niche sport with a lot of competition on the tube. BASS and FLW formats have it right. Get your fans to the weigh in, get product in their hands. BPT is a great supplement to pro fishing, but its not the future. Soon we will have superstars in BASS and we the guys like Skeet Reese and GMan will fade away. It happened to Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston and Bill Dance. As far as my support goes, BASS has it.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: J.H.S.] #13103016 03/26/19 02:08 AM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
If tournaments ever change to just who can catch the most dinks Ill probably quit tournament fishing. I just dont see it happening. Sponsorships platforms rely on the fan interaction and from what Ive seen from the BPT weigh in, they have none. TV will only take you so far. Youre talking about a niche sport with a lot of competition on the tube. BASS and FLW formats have it right. Get your fans to the weigh in, get product in their hands. BPT is a great supplement to pro fishing, but its not the future. Soon we will have superstars in BASS and we the guys like Skeet Reese and GMan will fade away. It happened to Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston and Bill Dance. As far as my support goes, BASS has it.

I would imagine sponsors want exposure. Id bet the 1800 hours( dont remember the exact number so I made that up) of tv exposure that bpt will provide this year will have millions of more viewers than theyd normally have at weigh ins.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: J.H.S.] #13103026 03/26/19 02:17 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Fans don't buy anything at a weigh in, nor do they spend any significant time at the sponsor activations at weigh ins and all of us who sponsor know and understand that. Onsite activation is just one small part of why brands sponsor. You've lost your mind if you think a weigh in is the driver of anything for significant sponsorship consideration. If anything it's like attending a graduation and begging that it ends soon...

Now the only exception to the above is the Classic. Different animal. And next year's Classic will be the real test as it will be devoid of many of the sports biggest stars. We shall see how it plays out in 2020.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: the skipper] #13103053 03/26/19 02:41 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by the skipper

We'll see where it goes. I dont think the camera is the ticket because you cant capture the whole boat. What if I land a fish on the back corner, wink wink? But anyway, my point was they said 3 years all scaled up from the ground up. It wont happen without buying an already running system. Being not picky, where are you going to find hundreds of Marshall's to ride in a costa type event?

Ever see the camera they can rotate 360 on the cars in nascar via remote or soloshot robo camer that tracks you as you move, yeah its coming...

Games evolve over time, dad say he remembers when they first instituted the 3 point shot in basketball and how all the old timers thought how stupid it was, not look its an integral part of the game especially at the college level.

Last edited by Legend LE-195; 03/26/19 02:58 AM.
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Mark Jones] #13103080 03/26/19 03:06 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Fans don't buy anything at a weigh in, nor do they spend any significant time at the sponsor activations at weigh ins and all of us who sponsor know and understand that. Onsite activation is just one small part of why brands sponsor. You've lost your mind if you think a weigh in is the driver of anything for significant sponsorship consideration. If anything it's like attending a graduation and begging that it ends soon...

Now the only exception to the above is the Classic. Different animal. And next year's Classic will be the real test as it will be devoid of many of the sports biggest stars. We shall see how it plays out in 2020.

Those guys will be there. They just wont be fishing

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Mhobbs] #13103119 03/26/19 04:02 AM
H
Hunter's Dad Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Originally Posted by Mhobbs
Youve drank the Ducket cool aid. Sorry for you that bass fishing the way it has been done for many years is not fun any longer. The passion and excitement for catching the five biggest fish in a tournament that got us all into bass fishing cant be replaced.

You do realize tournament fishing at its start was not a five bass limit? For years the limit was way more. The 5 fish were a result of state regulations and an increase in catch and release tournaments.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13103137 03/26/19 05:25 AM
fosterfence Offline
Angler
Angler
I have been hearing the same rumor, and expected someone to buy majority stock holders position. I just hope they keep the culture and good people that operate FLW. I dont mind the CWR, but the biggest 5 has been what makes me dig deeper, learn more, and try harder. The biggest 5 is way more than just finding fish;

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Mark Jones] #13103195 03/26/19 11:23 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Lol, no one's listening, they're just typing replies. The tech WILL get there eventually, EVERYWHERE, including Rayburn and any other remote place you can dream up. We stream TV live in full HD from apps that didn't exist five years ago. We watch fishing Live now and didn't 10 years ago. You'll eventually have a camera on board that is live (if you want it to be) that watches you weigh your fish (if you want it to) that enters the weight into your Bird, Lowrance, Garmin or whatever is next etc etc. This has nothing to do with Boyd Duckett or any other professional Tour. It has to do with progress. Simple improvements in tech that make your lives easier and your passion more enjoyable.

You can all sit here and fight it and be nostalgic and argue that today it's hard and not scalable and that people want to come to a weigh in. Today YOU ARE right, tomorrow you won't be. Lot's of things that we do every day were hard and not scalable 10 years ago. Over time CWR will prevail because it will be easier on the angler, the fish and more practical, as mentioned you might use it for a one fish derby, a five fish derby or a MLF derby. Sit back and watch it all unfold. Or stick your heads in the sand. Time will play it all out.

It's almost comical to watch everyone battle this and argue over progress.
hammer

Rant over moving along. We can pull this thread up in 2024 and check our progress or lack thereof...

As much as I enjoy the old school Five fish weigh-ins, I believe you are correct Mark. I think in 3-5 years we will be watching the anglers compete on our Apple sunglasses.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13103227 03/26/19 11:58 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
You dont have to buy to be sold on something. Fans want excitement. BPT isnt exciting. There is no family atmosphere. Like it or not fishing only exists to a small % of us. You have to cater to the masses to generate interest. BPT might grab the hardcore guys, but the average Joe isnt going to pass up their favorite TV show watch someone catch a fish, especially if they are railing small ones. It doesnt matter if there are 8 hours or 1800 hours. The commentary is bland and very uninteresting, and at times can be too technical for someone who doesnt understand the sport. Remember, they arent trying to get those of us who already fish interested in the sport. Seems to me like a good ole boys trail they put together to get away from big bad BASS. Once again. JMO.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide