Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Retirement at the lake [Re: Bruce Allen] #12887781 09/05/18 02:44 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Fork is a good fishing lake. I fish it some from my home in the metroplex. However, the downside I see is this:

1. What if your wife is not a fisherman?
It's not a lake for swimming
It's flat there and no view of cliffs or mountains.

2. Mosquitoes in the evening at fork are legendary

3. Fork boating at night is not for the faint at heart. In fact it could easily be deadly.

4. While no jet ski's some bass guys with 350 HP boats might be worse. I never cease to be amazed as my little 12 foot catamaran is bounced up and down by monster waves created by some guy in a over powered bass boat that idles through the no wake zone at the bridge then takes off full throttle creating a tsunami for everyone tied up at the bridge to deal with.

5. Gators - Some very big Alligators at fork.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Re: Retirement at the lake [Re: Bald Eagle] #12887882 09/05/18 04:04 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I ACTUALLY don't know of anyone that has a 350 on a bass boat.

If not a swimming lake what do you suppose all of those diving boards coming off the docks are for?

Yes we have a few gators. And some big ones. But they pretty much hang out in the few creeks that are seen in. AS far as I know there has never been an attack on anybody's dog, let along grand child. However feeding them is not a good idea.

You mean to say that PK has no mosquitoes? Yes we have no cliffs to speak of. But there is plenty to do if you are the kind of person that would be interested in helping the environment, the residents. the children, the local high schools, the fair, the parades, the local fire departments, and all kinds of other activities that are always going on around the lake and the area.

Two weeks ago we "planted 24 man made structures" that we built with materials supplied by TPWD. This is the fourth time we have done this. Last Tuesday we planted two big boat loads of aquatic grasses into the lake that have been grown with the assist of the kids in the Ag class at Yantis HS, we a cooperative agreement between them, TPWD and the LFSA. This November will be the 5th year we plant button bushes grown by the kids. IN May we assisted TPWD in dispersing 300,000 largemouth bass fry throughout the lake. The second year for that.

Plus there are all kinds of service organizations in the area to get involved with.

Want to try some low key tournament fishing? We got it. Or some high stakes tournament fishing with prizes up to $75,000 for non=pros. We got that too.

But yes just like the rest if the south, northeast, Canada and everywhere else I have ever been we have mosquitoes.

I made a mistake on our county tax rate. It is .635.

Last edited by Bruce Allen; 09/05/18 07:39 PM.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Retirement at the lake [Re: Bald Eagle] #12888039 09/05/18 06:33 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
PK is going to be the next Lake Travis with all the traffic included. Give me Fork any day. I have fished Fork maybe 100 times in my lifetime. 5 times I met a B.A.S.S. Master Elite fisherman. Each time was completely awesome. Not too many lakes will give you that opportunity just by accident.

Re: Retirement at the lake [Re: Bruce Allen] #12889601 09/06/18 11:20 PM
B
Bald Eagle Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
I ACTUALLY don't know of anyone that has a 350 on a bass boat.

If not a swimming lake what do you suppose all of those diving boards coming off the docks are for?

Yes we have a few gators. And some big ones. But they pretty much hang out in the few creeks that are seen in. AS far as I know there has never been an attack on anybody's dog, let along grand child. However feeding them is not a good idea.

You mean to say that PK has no mosquitoes? Yes we have no cliffs to speak of. But there is plenty to do if you are the kind of person that would be interested in helping the environment, the residents. the children, the local high schools, the fair, the parades, the local fire departments, and all kinds of other activities that are always going on around the lake and the area.

Two weeks ago we "planted 24 man made structures" that we built with materials supplied by TPWD. This is the fourth time we have done this. Last Tuesday we planted two big boat loads of aquatic grasses into the lake that have been grown with the assist of the kids in the Ag class at Yantis HS, we a cooperative agreement between them, TPWD and the LFSA. This November will be the 5th year we plant button bushes grown by the kids. IN May we assisted TPWD in dispersing 300,000 largemouth bass fry throughout the lake. The second year for that.

Plus there are all kinds of service organizations in the area to get involved with.

Want to try some low key tournament fishing? We got it. Or some high stakes tournament fishing with prizes up to $75,000 for non=pros. We got that too.

But yes just like the rest if the south, northeast, Canada and everywhere else I have ever been we have mosquitoes.

I made a mistake on our county tax rate. It is .635.

I think Fork is a great fishing lake. The only thing that might steer me away would be too many tournaments. Is this not a problem for the average fisherman?

Re: Retirement at the lake [Re: Bald Eagle] #12889668 09/07/18 12:16 AM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
when you are retired you don't have to fish on the weekends. I sure don't.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide