Forums59
Topics1,039,346
Posts13,963,211
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #12872818 08/22/18 02:37 PM
J
jpetro10 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)
From the way I understand it, each TD is responsible for their division that they run, they each have their own bank account, it is not just one account and all is paid out of that one account. This way you have accountability. While they are under the Media logo, they are still responsible for their division. It is unfortunate that Media now has this cloud over them.

Media did not right the check, the TD wrote the check. Media, as an organization, can make it right to the individual by making good on the check. With that being said Media has no recourse against the TD to recover those funds, because Media did not right the check, the TD did. The individual will need to file charges against the TD within the county and/or state.

This is no different than a Ford/Chevy/Dodge or other car dealership writing someone a check and it bouncing.....Is it Ford/Chevy or Dodges fault or is it the dealership that wrote the check. Same scenario just different players.

I too would be very upset and would take the necessary steps.

Just my .02

I was literally just going to ask this question. Thanks for breaking it down.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12872870 08/22/18 03:15 PM
Simmonsdlwa Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Sure hope you all remember this next year when picking your schedules because I should would like to see more open dates on some of the lakes fished.

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #12872888 08/22/18 03:24 PM
D
Dtechman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
From the way I understand it, each TD is responsible for their division that they run, they each have their own bank account, it is not just one account and all is paid out of that one account. This way you have accountability. While they are under the Media logo, they are still responsible for their division. It is unfortunate that Media now has this cloud over them.

Media did not right the check, the TD wrote the check. Media, as an organization, can make it right to the individual by making good on the check. With that being said Media has no recourse against the TD to recover those funds, because Media did not right the check, the TD did. The individual will need to file charges against the TD within the county and/or state.

This is no different than a Ford/Chevy/Dodge or other car dealership writing someone a check and it bouncing.....Is it Ford/Chevy or Dodges fault or is it the dealership that wrote the check. Same scenario just different players.

Just my .02

There is a major hole in your analogy above. Those ford, Chevy, dodge dealerships are privately owned and operated. They arent owned by the automotive manufacturers, this in turn would make the dealership liable.

Media bass is owned by an individual and they are solely liable for conduct such as this by TD under their umbrella even if they are considered a sub contractor. I own a business and I assure you if I sub out some work for my customer and misdeeds occur it is on me to right any wrongs or suffer the consequences be that loss of business or otherwise.

4-5thstactical.com
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #12872891 08/22/18 03:26 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C

Just my .02

Yes Media can go after him since he was employed by Media to fulfill a contract. The person or person's needs to fill a police a report and that will make the case stronger. Now collecting the money is a different story when you sue someone.

Last edited by coachallentca; 08/22/18 03:28 PM.
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #12872897 08/22/18 03:30 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Just my .02

Well your .02 is Wrong. When I entered The media tournaments this year, media withdrew my money. Not joe blow tourney director

[Linked Image]
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Clark3] #12872909 08/22/18 03:41 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Clark3

Just my .02

Well your .02 is Wrong. When I entered The media tournaments this year, media withdrew my money. Not joe blow tourney director

I always wrote my checks to Media Bass.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12872937 08/22/18 04:03 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I ran a travel baseball team for many years . Never charged for doing it . I can't say how many times a parent would stiff me for a tourney fee , or a uniform , etc... I just ended up paying out of my own pocket and didn't invite that player back , no matter how good he was .
It seems to me Media Bass should make this right ASAP --for two reasons . Maintaining their reputation and most of all , making it right to anyone/everyone that got stiffed .
The individual that closed the account for the check/s that were written should be hunted down and taught a serious lesson . His name and actions should be posted all the time on every bass website , his family name should be ruined .
The ONLY thing that changes this type of behavior is severe consequences and our Government NEVER does that . Hang em high and let everybody watch !!!!

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12872970 08/22/18 04:23 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
As someone who has cashed many checks with MediaBass, I have never ever had a problem with Gordon's honesty and have been fishing his trails since 1996. He doesn't always make what I felt to be the right decision but they are his decisions to make. While he may not be the best communicator, my read on his heart is that he's honest.

I don't know what was said exactly between Gordon and the affected parties but I suspect that this could've been handled better. I cannot make a judgement yet because I don't know all the facts and have to go on what I know and that is that Gordon or MediaBass has never ever cheated me on many many occasions.

On a related note about hot checks, I see someone making angry posts on this thread that wrote me a $90 hot check several years back for a shimano I sold here on TFF that just happens to have their name down there in that Top 10 postor's list with about 50,000 posts. Never ever responded to many many cell calls and PMs and I spent half a tank of gas going back and forth to his wells and Fargo bank trying to get my money. Finally got it after a full month.

You people casting these stones may wanna check the thickness of your glass house.

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: 1oldbassguy] #12872973 08/22/18 04:25 PM
wsimpson Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Whoa there Josey Wales...

Originally Posted By: 1oldbassguy
I ran a travel baseball team for many years . Never charged for doing it . I can't say how many times a parent would stiff me for a tourney fee , or a uniform , etc... I just ended up paying out of my own pocket and didn't invite that player back , no matter how good he was .
It seems to me Media Bass should make this right ASAP --for two reasons . Maintaining their reputation and most of all , making it right to anyone/everyone that got stiffed .
The individual that closed the account for the check/s that were written should be hunted down and taught a serious lesson . His name and actions should be posted all the time on every bass website , his family name should be ruined .
The ONLY thing that changes this type of behavior is severe consequences and our Government NEVER does that . Hang em high and let everybody watch !!!!

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873016 08/22/18 05:04 PM
Ranger-188-2007 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
popcorn

All fishermen are legends in their own minds! Ranger Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics,Motor guide, and all the tackle in the world.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/365bb712f56bc9c214b076b68/images/151584f3190d220.JPG
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873038 08/22/18 05:21 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Money causes good people to do bad things. Hopefully a lesson was learned here.
In my experiences I have found that independent money charities, accounts, funds, and prizes, all
require constant oversight, and accountability. Two-person control, with reviews to a group or board
is mandatory. I trust everyone after they show me the spreadsheets, and the reviews/balance sheets.

Last edited by JIM SR.; 08/22/18 05:43 PM.
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #12873247 08/22/18 08:02 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Just my .02

I have a feeling this is the truth about the situation.

Each individual will have to file the check with the DA to make the TD responsible and to recovery any money.

If I were the owner of the organization I would make the checks good like 2 months ago and then get the money back from the individuals when they get it from the TD. popcorn

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873322 08/22/18 08:43 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
popcorn

Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873338 08/22/18 08:59 PM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Just wondering, for all of you that received checks from media last year for your tournament winnings and recieved the end year 1099 who's name was on the From line??

GO FISH!
Re: Media Bass Win gets me a Bounced Check for first Place [Re: Spyder_Jig] #12873433 08/22/18 10:10 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
If some or all paid their entry fee to MediaBass, why were the winners checks drawn on a personal account of the TD?

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide