Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: beartrap] #12864059 08/14/18 04:50 PM
A
Arkansas10 bass Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
Well it's manslaughter now. Shooter if convicted could get up to 30 years. Up to the system to decide.

Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: WAWI] #12864086 08/14/18 05:12 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted By: WAWI
There is an interview with wife, it is suggested that a witness went into the store to report the shooter harassing the woman and the husband hears it. If this is your wife and it was going down as such how are you walking out there.
If my wife was parked in a handicap spot, I'd tread real lightly.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12864090 08/14/18 05:14 PM
Bee'z Online Happy
honey boo boo
Online Happy
honey boo boo
Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted By: John175
There are some people who should not carry.

If your gun makes you bold you should not have a gun.

If it's not your parking lot the enforcement of parking spots is not your business.

He was in the wrong for initiating and escalating a situation he had no business involving himself in.

He should have informed the store clerk and left it at that. I hope he likes jail food.

Well said

thumb

/ thread

[Linked Image]
Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: WAWI] #12864091 08/14/18 05:14 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
If you do a 5 why on this whole thing... Why was the man shot? 1. Because he pushed another man to the ground. Why did he push him to the ground? 2. Because the guy was yelling at his wife. Why was the guy yelling at his wife? 3. Because she illegally parked in a handicap spot. This is the root cause of the problem here, one persons selfish choice to illegally park.

I think it's a real mistake to say that we should all mind our own business and not call out wrong when we see it. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Did you all hear about that case in Houston two weeks ago where the neighbors heard a woman yelling for help and they did nothing? Dude killed a lady and then chopped her up.

I don't blame the guy one bit for calling out someone for parking where they were not supposed to.

All that said, I think the guy crossed a line shooting the man. He was no longer a threat as he was backing away.

If you take this position and apply it to the simple if a=b and b=c then a=c you come up with a guy is shot for parking in handicap spot. You really want that type of world.

Absolutely not. He got shot because he created a physically violent situation and he wasn't prepared to defend himself.

I think the shooter should go to jail, but there are at least 3 guilty parties here.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: John175☮] #12864097 08/14/18 05:17 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P

If it's not your parking lot the enforcement of parking spots is not your business.

He was in the wrong for initiating and escalating a situation he had no business involving himself in.

He should have informed the store clerk and left it at that. I hope he likes jail food.
My grandma often had a tough time finding parking spots when we'd go places. She could barely walk, but some young person would stroll out and jump into a car in a handicap spot and drive off. As a kid, I absolutely hated it. So no, I don't agree at all with the "it's not your business" philosophy.

I don't confront people about it, but I won't begrudge those who do. The world would be a better place if people were less willing to do things that are blatantly wrong because they were afraid someone would call them out on it.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: WAWI] #12864100 08/14/18 05:20 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
So now you are calling the widow character into question. Lol I watched interview with her last week. She said he was cussing and ranting at her. I'm as right as you can get on most issues and all for people defending themselves. That said it's funny how a black person has a whole different burden of proof applied to their actions and their character.
Why does this become a racial issue? I watched the video a week or two ago and I don't even remember who was what race. There is no difference at all in the burden of proof, except in the mind of racists.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: patriot07] #12864105 08/14/18 05:23 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: patriot07

My grandma often had a tough time finding parking spots when we'd go places. She could barely walk, but some young person would stroll out and jump into a car in a handicap spot and drive off. As a kid, I absolutely hated it. So no, I don't agree at all with the "it's not your business" philosophy.

I don't confront people about it, but I won't begrudge those who do. The world would be a better place if people were less willing to do things that are blatantly wrong because they were afraid someone would call them out on it.

I am sure there is more to the story than is being told de peep

Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: WAWI] #12864140 08/14/18 05:50 PM
K
ksjmf Offline
Angler
Angler
K
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/victims-girlfriend-florida-gunman-provoked-fatal-stand-ground/story%3Fid%3D56751894&ved=2ahUKEwjYjbKP2-zcAhUHTawKHQNVD3wQqUMwBnoECAgQHA&usg=AOvVaw0m8pdfGA0m5D5kSN5zv3gf

"The victims girlfriend" who has the most to lose and gain now recounts the events in a way than doesn't paint a picture of her or her man doing anything wrong. And we are supposed to accept her version of the events? We know that she does not like to follow basic laws and we have a video of a very large man assaulting someone and yet they are the victims? if the shooter has an attorney I would hope that the advice that is being provided is don't say anything until the courtroom. The girlfriend who instigated the whole scenario is probably following her attorney's advice to start the propaganda process and sway public opinion to the fullest extent possible. I'm sure she feels a lot of guilt for her part in this, but don't attack someone if you don't want to get shot. Very simple way to live your life.

Here is a link to an article where one punch killed someone and he is being charged with misdemeanor assault (as of the publication of this article). So to think that the shooter could not have been easily killed is fooling yourself.

https://blackamericaweb.com/2018/08/10/c...oking-for-uber/

Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: ksjmf] #12864151 08/14/18 05:58 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: ksjmf
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/victims-girlfriend-florida-gunman-provoked-fatal-stand-ground/story%3Fid%3D56751894&ved=2ahUKEwjYjbKP2-zcAhUHTawKHQNVD3wQqUMwBnoECAgQHA&usg=AOvVaw0m8pdfGA0m5D5kSN5zv3gf

"The victims girlfriend" who has the most to lose and gain now recounts the events in a way than doesn't paint a picture of her or her man doing anything wrong. And we are supposed to accept her version of the events? We know that she does not like to follow basic laws and we have a video of a very large man assaulting someone and yet they are the victims? if the shooter has an attorney I would hope that the advice that is being provided is don't say anything until the courtroom. The girlfriend who instigated the whole scenario is probably following her attorney's advice to start the propaganda process and sway public opinion to the fullest extent possible. I'm sure she feels a lot of guilt for her part in this, but don't attack someone if you don't want to get shot. Very simple way to live your life.

Here is a link to an article where one punch killed someone and he is being charged with misdemeanor assault (as of the publication of this article). So to think that the shooter could not have been easily killed is fooling yourself.

so if hen the guy got pushed to the ground for confronting the woman pulls a gun the woman protecting her husband from immanent threat could have shot him from through the window of the car and we would call it stand your ground? or if after the guy on the ground pulled his gun is the pusher legally able to pull his gun? so we have a legal gun fight, all three of them shooting it out and the one who lives was in the right?

pledge= fishstick
Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: beartrap] #12864156 08/14/18 06:02 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Train is just about the leave the tracks on this one... hammer

Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: soggybottom] #12864184 08/14/18 06:25 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: soggybottom
Originally Posted By: ksjmf

so if hen the guy got pushed to the ground for confronting the woman pulls a gun the woman protecting her husband from immanent threat could have shot him from through the window of the car and we would call it stand your ground? or if after the guy on the ground pulled his gun is the pusher legally able to pull his gun? so we have a legal gun fight, all three of them shooting it out and the one who lives was in the right?

How many beers have you had already/do I need to have to be able to read what you typed and have it make sense? hmmm

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: beartrap] #12864362 08/14/18 09:34 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
This is so senseless it is a shame. 2 morons park in handicap spot, a guy decides to say something, ok fine. Gets pushed, pulls out his gun and should have just left it right there. If he had come at him again, he is prepared to shoot, otherwise you have neutralized the situation. The video I saw did not look like he was in danger when he shot, so he screwed up there. But, if the 2 morons had not parked there, this never happens and is not a story.

Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: beartrap] #12864386 08/14/18 10:11 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...4_samsung_inter[/img]

Kinda makes a habit of displaying his gun and making threats it looks like

Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: redskeet100] #12864389 08/14/18 10:19 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: redskeet100
This is so senseless it is a shame. 2 morons park in handicap spot, a guy decides to say something, ok fine. Gets pushed, pulls out his gun and should have just left it right there. If he had come at him again, he is prepared to shoot, otherwise you have neutralized the situation. The video I saw did not look like he was in danger when he shot, so he screwed up there. But, if the 2 morons had not parked there, this never happens and is not a story.

they crossed the line by parking in a HC spot and its there own fault they paid with their lives?

pledge= fishstick
Re: shooting legal or not..... [Re: beartrap] #12864395 08/14/18 10:24 PM
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Shooter didn't shoot because he was in fear for his life, he shot because he was pissed and then got embarrassed.

Someone above said in CHL class they say you don't pull your gun to scare the other person away, you are absolutely right about that, but you don't have to fire it either if pulling it out ends the threat. Clearly the dead guy backed off when presented with the gun.

Everything that happened before the guy got sat on his butt DOES NOT MATTER. Y'all are arguing over stupid little details.

The other post about the marine/budhist guy, I agree 100%. If you are carrying a gun you no longer get to be a Richard.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide