Forums59
Topics1,039,777
Posts13,970,206
Members144,217
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Notaguide] #12760862 05/18/18 09:26 PM
B
Bugzout10 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
How about we start small with parenting

No Sharelunker and counting
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Sawhorse] #12760868 05/18/18 09:29 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: Sawhorse

there is no way to stop someone who wants to die. I dont think thats being negative or pessimistic, I think its reality. Cold, sober, hard, reality. We will never be able to stop this from happening.

Barring physically intervening and restraining a person who wants to die, you are right on Saw. Though I do believe we can get much better at preventing psychotic people from inflicting mass casualties. Like killing them first!

Argyle is a step in the right direction. But those folks carrying must train constantly to be proficient in a deadly situation. [i][/i]

My idea would be a next step in further hardening the security of our schools, as I stated above. After that's taken care of, we can begin to address mental health of students (and parents) if needed. Social media footprints of anyone that's a concern must be monitored and kids have to get more serious about ratting out a classmate of concern. In ALL of the school shootings I can recall of late, there have been digital footprints that Ray Charles could follow. How this isn't getting the attention it REQUIRES can only be due to privacy laws and/or schools afraid to report for fear of lost funding.

CPS visits the home and the parents. Mental health professionals evaluate the kid(s) and parents if need be recommend a next course of action, if any.

Kids deemed a threat to themselves or society go to a secure mental health facility.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Notaguide] #12760885 05/18/18 09:50 PM
P
Peepaw on Fork Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Give the parents back the right to discipline their kids and hold both parents accountable if the kid does something like that.

H. Burns
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Notaguide] #12760922 05/18/18 10:24 PM
G
grandpa75672 Offline
G
Let the school district get its own police authority, hire and train armed guards, will work out if the guards aren't afraid to go after the shooter.

It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.... W.C.Fields

I know a little about a lot of things but not a whole lot about anything....CGD
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Notaguide] #12760949 05/18/18 10:51 PM
Notaguide Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I would never want to be a police officer but Id gladly help protect a school. Where do I sign up?

Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Notaguide] #12761081 05/19/18 01:04 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
1. Bring back physical discipline in schools
Children are growing up without a healthy sense of fear. They think they can hire a lawyer and sue anyone that physically reprimands them
Human beings (the vast majority of them, even children) know right from wrong. For many, just knowing is enough for them to play with others well. Some need the deterrent of fear of physical punishment

2. Go back to books and get rid of google classroom Ban iPhones and iPads in schools until 11th and 12th grade
Children arent learning the most important skills these daysinterpersonal communication. Interpersonal communication teaches respect for others, compromise, and success and/or failure as a team, as a communal person (part of a greater good). Doing what is best for the group takes priority over what is best for the individual (this goes back to the ridiculous concept of supreme individual liberty/power that is reinforced by our legal culture). Interpersonal communication teaches responsibility, reliability, and culpability; you are only as good as your word

[Linked Image]
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Notaguide] #12761091 05/19/18 01:16 AM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Slap a bully down. HS is a meat grinder. Everyone wants to be at the cool kids table. The Cool kids didn't put up with Bullies back in the day.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12761258 05/19/18 04:05 AM
Frank I Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek
I honestly believe this would deter a huge number of these incidents:

THIS...^^^^^. Arm more teachers and administrators, stop advertising schools as gun free zones. Makes them a soft target for these punks and cowards

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
You guys know everything..... I'm just an idiot....no problem........

Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12761264 05/19/18 04:21 AM
G
Gixxer1k Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
G

Word. Thats where my twins will be starting school in the fall.

Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Frank I] #12761289 05/19/18 05:17 AM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted By: Frank I

THIS...^^^^^. Arm more teachers and administrators, stop advertising schools as gun free zones. Makes them a soft target for these punks and cowards

Okay, just to play Devil's Advocate on this line of thinking....

Say I am the student from today's shooting. Been going to this school for 3 or 4 years I know the teachers. I know that there are 2 armed security guards on duty (as there were today) Know which other teachers or staff are armed or might be. I'm suicidal, but determined to pay back those bullies before I off myself. So I get my dad's guns, go into class, and when the teacher isn't looking, I pull out my gun and take out the teacher first. Cool, now I have an extra gun.....

More guns in school doesn't address why the student took the gun to school in the first place. Do we really need to turn back to the Wild Wild West?

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Gixxer1k] #12761296 05/19/18 05:35 AM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted By: Gixxer1k

Word. Thats where my twins will be starting school in the fall.

Argyle has kids with two parents that care about them. The whole problem IMHO starts at home. Just my opinion, Argyle will not have problems that a Ft. Worth, Crowley or Everman school may have.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Notaguide] #12761299 05/19/18 05:48 AM
Pilothawk Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
This
Will not stop it, but it wouldn't hurt. These socially inept kids get off on seeing themselves on tv and in the newspaper. Looks to me they should be denied the publicity. No name, description, picture...nothing.

KANSAS JAYHAWK BASKETBALL - Where tradition comes from [Linked Image]
2008 NATIONAL BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS-ORANGE BOWL CHAMPIONS 2008
52 Conf Champs /5 Nat'l Champs
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: Pilothawk] #12761301 05/19/18 05:51 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
Originally Posted By: Pilothawk
This
Will not stop it, but it wouldn't hurt. These socially inept kids get off on seeing themselves on tv and in the newspaper. Looks to me they should be denied the publicity. No name, description, picture...nothing.

He is right. Prayers up to the families involved.

[Linked Image]
Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: retdbasser] #12761319 05/19/18 08:51 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: retdbasser
Originally Posted By: fouzman
One way in. One way out. Retired, young special forces or experienced S.W.A.T. guys, paid at the top of their grade, full benefits, armed and stationed outside and inside the one way entry/exit. Through a metal detector after you clear exterior security. At least four of them on campus at all times during class. 2 of them 24/7.

Probably work. Good employment for ex military.

And the cost is higher taxes. Will anyone want to pay for it. They're complaining about higher taxes all the time on here.

Higher Taxes? Football coaches make over $100K per year in High School.

Re: The best real solution I can think of to prevent these school tragedies [Re: RedRanger] #12761440 05/19/18 01:33 PM
retdbasser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Originally Posted By: retdbasser
Originally Posted By: fouzman
One way in. One way out. Retired, young special forces or experienced S.W.A.T. guys, paid at the top of their grade, full benefits, armed and stationed outside and inside the one way entry/exit. Through a metal detector after you clear exterior security. At least four of them on campus at all times during class. 2 of them 24/7.

Probably work. Good employment for ex military.

And the cost is higher taxes. Will anyone want to pay for it. They're complaining about higher taxes all the time on here.

Higher Taxes? Football coaches make over $100K per year in High School

Yes and we build multi-million dollar stadiums. It's priorities.

Prepare for the future-it will be here tomorrow.
Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 9 lbs. 12 oz 5/13/19.
Herb Stein, who famously reminded us that “if something can’t go on forever, it will stop.”
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide