R
RickS. Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: lconn4
Originally Posted By: RickS.
I get it that your job is to blow smoke up clients rectal regions. That's how you make your money. Just know that unless you have actual field experience, and not the knowledge you gained from a pamphlet or a seminar. Odds are you probably don't know Jack about the product or equipment. At least compared to someone with over two decades of actual experience in the field. You will get schooled if you have zero clue what your talking about. Especially when you make an attempt to talk down to said experienced guy.
I'm sure none of y'all do that.
Just a bit of friendly advice.

Never knew that the salesman's job was to blow smoke up any prospspective client's rectal regions. Just know that unless you can actually write a complete sentence, odds are you probably got your grammar lessons's from the OT. Just a bit of friendly advice. thumb

Thanks Mr. Grammar Nazi. Going guess you're a butthurt salesman.

Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643385 02/23/18 07:17 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted By: lconn4
I get it that your job is to blow smoke up clients rectal regions. That's how you make your money. Just know that unless you have actual field experience, and not the knowledge you gained from a pamphlet or a seminar. Odds are you probably don't know Jack about the product or equipment. At least compared to someone with over two decades of actual experience in the field. You will get schooled if you have zero clue what your talking about. Especially when you make an attempt to talk down to said experienced guy.

Never knew that the salesman's job was to blow smoke up any prospspective client's rectal regions. Just know that unless you can actually write a complete sentence, odds are you probably got your grammar lessons's from the OT. Just a bit of friendly advice. thumb

Thanks Mr. Grammar Nazi. Going guess you're a butthurt salesman.

Gonna guess you didn't buy the girl scout cookies. roflmao

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643396 02/23/18 07:21 PM
P
Pat Goff Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
I will admit you have a right to your opinion. And also admit there are sales people who dont know what they are doing.

What you need to back the heck up is thinking its all or most. I sell fuel equipment and that is not something oops my bad will go far. I feed my family, pay my taxes and help over a hundred people solely on my ability to do my job right. The people assembling the equipment, the guy who boxes it up and ships it and the accountant who keeps it all straight. Nothing happens until I do my job right. I dominate what we do by knowing what Im doing, giving far better support than any of my thirty competitors.

And Ill show you some jack wagon body guys that make your business look bad, does that make us even?

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643400 02/23/18 07:22 PM
R
RickS. Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
Yeah. I really don't get the girl scout cookies reference. I guess I missed something along the way.

Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643416 02/23/18 07:30 PM
krawlin 47 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Yeah. I really don't get the girl scout cookies reference. I guess I missed something along the way.

Go sniff some paint in your booth and you might get it.

I certainly do not suggest that you go into sales...you goober are the butt hurt person here as exhibited by your original post...don't get out of the booth, you belong there.

Misery loves company!

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643420 02/23/18 07:32 PM
G
Gixxer1k Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
G
Some angry little Phillies in here. Love it when cats hate on sales.

Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643440 02/23/18 07:42 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
argue

Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643454 02/23/18 07:50 PM
R
Rob W. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

[Linked Image]
Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643459 02/23/18 07:54 PM
P
Pat Goff Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Most anti sales people dont grasp the concept

You show up to work at 8:00 punch in, do your job and go home. Hourly or salried youre going to get paid. Good day, bad day, doesnt matter you get paid.

I was out the door at 5:00 a.m to make a meeting in Alice at 8:30. The guy were doing the project for decided hes going quail hunting and was gone. I did my job right, but made zero income. Most people cant grasp that concept.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: For you sales guys [Re: Pat Goff] #12643465 02/23/18 07:57 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Pat Goff
I did my job right, but made zero income. Most people cant grasp that concept.

That's the bad part of it fo sho!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643478 02/23/18 08:06 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Nothing happens around here until somebody sells something, said every successful business owner ever.

Sales cures everything!

Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643480 02/23/18 08:08 PM
B
Bryan O' Offline
Angler
Angler
B
I was a sales representative until I bought this company. Probably were several out there that knew more about the industry than I, but none would out-work me. I was personable, took time to learn the industry, tenacious and truthful. I have hired and fired dozens of sales rep's since I bought the company through the years. The 'I know everything about the industry' type has failed and succeeded. The 'green newbie' has succeeded and failed as well. I can get them product knowledge, and take them to the customer base. They have to come with hunger, discipline, tenacity, and confidence. I've had guys with tons of experience fail, because they couldn't or wouldn't keep the pace. I've had 'greenies' that hit the ground running, that I had to train-up that knocked the cover off the ball. And I've had the reverse of that as well. The highest compensated professional behind lawyers and doctors is salesmen, and they typically earn far more earlier than anybody. But it's a very disciplined game. The biggest downfall I see of salesmen is either not willing to go find business - put some bugs on the windshield, or those that are 'big game hunters' and only pursue the giant projects. Interacting with customers, I tell them to do as the old saying goes: you have two ears and one mouth - use them accordingly. And also to be a 'guide' to customers. Let them tell you their problems, wants, and needs, and then guide them to how you can fulfill their request. No smoke blown anywhere around here....

Bryan O'
Total Recreation Products Inc.
Commercial Park and Playground Products and Services
totalrecreation.net
Ranger Z521c 250ProXS V8
Re: For you sales guys [Re: RickS.] #12643481 02/23/18 08:09 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
When you really stop to look at it....we all are selling something.

Even ourselves....we "sell or say" we are better than a replacement, if you don't keep preforming like that...you are without a job and back to "selling" yourself with a resume.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: For you sales guys [Re: Bryan O'] #12643486 02/23/18 08:12 PM
G
Gixxer1k Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted By: Bryan O'
I was a sales representative until I bought this company. Probably were several out there that knew more about the industry than I, but none would out-work me. I was personable, took time to learn the industry, tenacious and truthful. I have hired and fired dozens of sales rep's since I bought the company through the years. The 'I know everything about the industry' type has failed and succeeded. The 'green newbie' has succeeded and failed as well. I can get them product knowledge, and take them to the customer base. They have to come with hunger, discipline, tenacity, and confidence. I've had guys with tons of experience fail, because they couldn't or wouldn't keep the pace. I've had 'greenies' that hit the ground running, that I had to train-up that knocked the cover off the ball. And I've had the reverse of that as well. The highest compensated professional behind lawyers and doctors is salesmen, and they typically earn far more earlier than anybody. But it's a very disciplined game. The biggest downfall I see of salesmen is either not willing to go find business - put some bugs on the windshield, or those that are 'big game hunters' and only pursue the giant projects. Interacting with customers, I tell them to do as the old saying goes: you have two ears and one mouth - use them accordingly. And also to be a 'guide' to customers. Let them tell you their problems, wants, and needs, and then guide them to how you can fulfill their request. No smoke blown anywhere around here....

This cat gets it. Grit and work ethic are king. Sales aint rocket science.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide