Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Fishingking] #12572495 01/10/18 07:09 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Fishingking
Don't know what really happened. All I can say is that it is unsafe for the co-angler to not have something in front of them, to either protect them from being hit by oncoming water or to really hold onto in rough water. I would hope that in the future a requirement gets put in place to require the second console during the co-angler portion of these type of tournaments. Prayers out to every one involved. There are a lot lives that will be changed forever over this.

It will be interesting to see what legal action is going to come out of this.

Wonder if seats belts would have helped. Don't know about any legal action. I think they have addressed that when you sign up to fish with them. I'm thinking heads with both BASS and FLW are contemplating changes at this very moment. Should gets some comments about it soon.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12572505 01/10/18 07:14 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Don't know what really happened. All I can say is that it is unsafe for the co-angler to not have something in front of them, to either protect them from being hit by oncoming water or to really hold onto in rough water. I would hope that in the future a requirement gets put in place to require the second console during the co-angler portion of these type of tournaments. Prayers out to every one involved. There are a lot lives that will be changed forever over this.

Wonder if seats belts would have helped. Don't know about any legal action. I think they have addressed that when you sign up to fish with them. I'm thinking heads with both BASS and FLW are contemplating changes at this very moment. Should gets some comments about it soon.

Seat belts in a boat is ignorant. I don't want to be belted into a capsized boat

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: kellisag] #12572536 01/10/18 07:36 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: kellisag
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Seat belts in a boat is ignorant. I don't want to be belted into a capsized boat

Boat that the guy was killed in didn't capsize and whether or not seat belts or ignorant is strictly your opinion. More cars and trucks capsize than boats and they have seat belts. Like to be in an upside down car that was on fire with your seat belt on ? Report said the guy was thrown from the boat, the boat was upright.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Ian Fellenbaum] #12572546 01/10/18 07:41 PM
S
Scott A. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
We should all be praising the fact that his body was recovered!
Not too long ago we wouldn't have had all the technology that allowed him to be found this soon.
Praying for his family and all involved.

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Ian Fellenbaum] #12572549 01/10/18 07:42 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
You can add seatbelts to your boat, if your really concerned, for about $15.

I've been in a couple boats where I was almost ejected during Bassmaster events. It's a real concern. One of them was with Matt Lee. I caught him in my lap and he was banged up. He kept apologizing, but it wasn't his fault. Neither of us saw the roller until it was way too late. We actually just idled around for 30 minutes till we could figure out if we wanted to fish or not.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: fouzman] #12572551 01/10/18 07:43 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Part of the problem with today's world is legal action can come out of just about anything.

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: fouzman] #12572625 01/10/18 08:35 PM
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: fouzman

Disagree. No need for legal action. Two grown men pursuing what at times can be a very dangerous sport. There was an tragic accident and a man lost his life. Another almost lost his. Could have happened to any of us. What legal action should come out of this?
Family coming after FLW over Safety issues for one and the driver over possible reckless conduct for another. Every tragedy comes under legal scrutiny at some point. Two people just enjoying what they are doing won't cut it.

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Fishingking] #12572630 01/10/18 08:39 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
prayers to all affected.

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Ian Fellenbaum] #12572634 01/10/18 08:41 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Prayers sent to both families involved.

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Fishingking] #12572641 01/10/18 08:44 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Family coming after FLW over Safety issues for one and the driver over possible reckless conduct for another. Every tragedy comes under legal scrutiny at some point. Two people just enjoying what they are doing won't cut it.

This is a large part of what is wrong with our country these days. Everyone wants to sue for something. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Legal action never even crossed my mind.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: fouzman] #12572650 01/10/18 08:49 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R

This is a large part of what is wrong with our country these days. Everyone wants to sue for something. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Legal action never even crossed my mind.

People now days just are not capable of taking personal responsibility in nothing. It's always some one else's fault

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Ian Fellenbaum] #12572662 01/10/18 08:55 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Prayers for the family, glad they recovered him finally.

I like the idea of having the 2nd console in the boat for safety, and the all important oh SH!T handle. I think the seatbelt is overkill. Maybe some tournaments can institute the rule, maybe some won't. There are a lot of single console rigs out there which would hamper participation if a rule came out.

I have been in the position of almost bouncing out of the boat on an odd wave, after that happened, I asked my partner to slow it down a bit for my safety. The Skeeter I was in only had 1 handle to my left. A console would have aided me quite a bit

I have been a boat that speared a wave and I had a 2nd console which shielded me from the wall of water. I will always have a 2nd console in the boat if fishing with another person. You just never know what may happen on any given day.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: fouzman] #12572665 01/10/18 08:57 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

If you look in the yellow pages ( lol, who does that anymore ) you'll see there are more advertisements by lawyers than doctors. Must be where the money is. Anyone recall when the lady in CA sued McDonalds because her coffee was too hot and burned her tongue. Won too. Another lady intentionally fell in Krogers and sued. We are a litigious nation, Mexico not so much.

Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Ian Fellenbaum] #12572675 01/10/18 09:04 PM
Rangerkev Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
This thread should of stayed on course. It should of been a tribute to the deceased angler. Then his family could have read the condolences. Another thread should have been started on ways to prevent this from happening. Instead this post had people arguing, and people making assumptions. There's a place and time for everything. Prayers continued for his family.

Rangerkev
Re: FLW missing anglers [Re: Fishingking] #12572706 01/10/18 09:29 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

You cant require someone to purchase an option for their boat just because they are going to have a co angler. This was an accident. And no matter what you do or how much you try you can never eliminate accidents. This is life people. Unfortunately bad things happen. Do you really want more and more regulations? The government would love nothing more to impose more sanctions on our lives. At some point humans need to take responsibility for their own actions. This was an accident. Thats all it was. Was it a bad judgement call? Who am I to answer that. This whole debate about trailering and dual consoles and all that is crazy. At some point the only rule we need to follow is common sense.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide