Forums59
Topics1,039,957
Posts13,973,221
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: Team Skeeterless] #12524692 12/03/17 02:01 AM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Team Skeeterless
If the injuries and fragilness wasnt an issue and concern for even Romo himself he would be playing ball somewhere this year. Never said he wasnt good. He never could win the big game. Then late in career he was getting hurt and not from big hits. If he wasnt worried about how easy it was to get hurt I think he would be playing somewhere right now. He certainly would have had options.

Exactly......If Romo wasn't a liability someone would have picked him up, aside from cordial meetings which he requested nobody was interested. Even the QB desperate Denver Broncos turned him away, and this was roughly right about the same time period Kapperdoodle was getting job offers which he ultimately blew. Now that he has that cushy announcer gig I doubt you could drag him out of that seat with a dozer.

Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: fishmagnet] #12524731 12/03/17 02:15 AM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I will say up front I am not a Cowboy fan, but here is my thoughts. I think Romo was a much better quarterback then he was ever given credit for. I do not think his body would let him keep going which is why no one wanted to take a chance on him. I have watched Dax in the SEC for years and he is a great leader. I have never seen him on a team with good talent around him. I think he will be a good quarterback for the Cowboys when he gets everyone back and healthy but for me I think Sean Lee is the most valuable player on the cowboys right now when he goes down or is not playing they can't win. They need some Defensive help and another good big play receiver. Dez just hasn't done much for me and they don't have a good backup so they depend to much on ZEK, Dax and Jason Witten. The Cowboys without Sean or Zek don't have enough weapons. This is just my .02

Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12524783 12/03/17 03:21 AM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
I will say up front I am not a Cowboy fan, but here is my thoughts. I think Romo was a much better quarterback then he was ever given credit for. I do not think his body would let him keep going which is why no one wanted to take a chance on him. I have watched Dax in the SEC for years and he is a great leader. I have never seen him on a team with good talent around him. I think he will be a good quarterback for the Cowboys when he gets everyone back and healthy but for me I think Sean Lee is the most valuable player on the cowboys right now when he goes down or is not playing they can't win. They need some Defensive help and another good big play receiver. Dez just hasn't done much for me and they don't have a good backup so they depend to much on ZEK, Dax and Jason Witten. The Cowboys without Sean or Zek don't have enough weapons. This is just my .02

Pretty much agree. They put some young DB's in this game and they played well. Glimmer of hope for the future. Dak is fine. Romo is done.

Last edited by fish4bass; 12/03/17 03:23 AM.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: fishmagnet] #12524788 12/03/17 03:25 AM
Team Skeeterless Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Bottom line is that Dak is young and receivers arent getting much separation and line hasnt given him much time to pass. Without dominant running game its gonna be tough but just bc he had a great first year and this year has been tough isnt all Dak. Mostly from what I have seen he got much better protection last year allowing him time to make good decisions. This year not so much.

Nick Larsen
Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: fishmagnet] #12524796 12/03/17 03:33 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
It's Dak, not "Dax".

It's Zeke not "Zek" , "Zek" is Russian term for a prisoner.

Sean Lee is great but he was not playing Thurs. night and the Cows won. Jaylon Smith played another good game though.

For the record I'd have rode the Romo horse until he broke down as soon as he was medically ready. Why not, you're paying him and still paying him. Cows should tank the rest of the season for the better draft position or at least let Cooper Rush play to see what you've got in a real NFL situation (vs preseason).

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: fishmagnet] #12524809 12/03/17 03:43 AM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I like Dax, Dax got game, and Daz can be good sometimes too grin

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: RayBob] #12524827 12/03/17 03:52 AM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: RayBob
It's Dak, not "Dax".

It's Zeke not "Zek" , "Zek" is Russian term for a prisoner.

Sean Lee is great but he was not playing Thurs. night and the Cows won. Jaylon Smith played another good game though.

For the record I'd have rode the Romo horse until he broke down as soon as he was medically ready. Why not, you're paying him and still paying him. Cows should tank the rest of the season for the better draft position or at least let Cooper Rush play to see what you've got in a real NFL situation (vs preseason).

Good for you give this man the prize behind door number 3 or is it 4

Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: fishmagnet] #12524939 12/03/17 05:16 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Romo had option to play...he only wanted to be a DALLAS COWBOY.... he'd still be playing if they'd put him back in...to say otherwise means you don't know how important it was to him. Jones could get him back....Romo has a son named Jones.... calls him "Jonesy" ... Nothing bothers Jones more than his failures to win with the Jedi.... Understand that I hope I'm wrong about DAK, I love the Cowboys.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: Frank the Tank] #12524977 12/03/17 06:54 AM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

What do you mean by that?

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: fish4bass] #12525009 12/03/17 12:02 PM
L
Longeye Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted By: fish4bass

He was being a smart arse cause RayBob pointed out how to spell people's names correctly. My only question is he one of the ones who call the Rangers Raners or Gers....?

Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: txmasterpo] #12525030 12/03/17 12:53 PM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
Romo had option to play...he only wanted to be a DALLAS COWBOY.... he'd still be playing if they'd put him back in...to say otherwise means you don't know how important it was to him. Jones could get him back....Romo has a son named Jones.... calls him "Jonesy" ... Nothing bothers Jones more than his failures to win with the Jedi.... Understand that I hope I'm wrong about DAK, I love the Cowboys.

You are correct I didn't know that as I said I am not a cowboy fan. I did like Romo and I like Dak. I have liked a few of their players over the years. I usually root for good players and not just teams. I guess there are a lot of us that don't keep up with the Cowboys as much as you. They have been one of the better teams for a really long time. I just like other teams nothing against the Cowboys. I actually like JJ Good luck with the boys

Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: Longeye] #12526161 12/04/17 03:22 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted By: Longeye
Originally Posted By: fish4bass

He was being a smart arse cause RayBob pointed out how to spell people's names correctly. My only question is he one of the ones who call the Rangers Raners or Gers....?

If speaking about me I have never posted on a Texas Rangers thread . . . they mean nothing to me. If I did I don't think I
would use a slang name considered a term of endearment to a fan of that team.

Go 'Stros !

I'll take door #3 . . . door #4 goes out into the alley!

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: RayBob] #12526475 12/04/17 06:27 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Well hell I could not stay out of this, I have said this before, only way Dak wins a SB is if they keep Zeke and that O line going, then they have to assemble a bad arse defense, I think the D is closer than what many think. If Dez played with a good quarterback he would be a pro bowler, no doubt in my mind. You have to throw him the damn ball and you have to know where to throw it. As far as Romo goes, I am and always have been against not letting him play when he was ready, he could have done so much more than Dak just on experience alone not to mention he was a much better passer. Highly unlikely that Romo ever straps the pads on again, sure wish he would have got a shot with this team. Oh I thought for sure Dallas would get beat, I was in Mexico hunting but we did have a satellite dish with us, I was on Dak like a fly on a cow patty.

[Linked Image]
Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: fitter2259] #12526546 12/04/17 07:16 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: fitter2259
Originally Posted By: Team Skeeterless
If the injuries and fragilness wasnt an issue and concern for even Romo himself he would be playing ball somewhere this year. Never said he wasnt good. He never could win the big game. Then late in career he was getting hurt and not from big hits. If he wasnt worried about how easy it was to get hurt I think he would be playing somewhere right now. He certainly would have had options.

Exactly......If Romo wasn't a liability someone would have picked him up, aside from cordial meetings which he requested nobody was interested. Even the QB desperate Denver Broncos turned him away, and this was roughly right about the same time period Kapperdoodle was getting job offers which he ultimately blew. Now that he has that cushy announcer gig I doubt you could drag him out of that seat with a dozer.

It's easy to say that without talking about realistic landing spots for him to go. It makes zero sense to go to a team that has no shot at playoffs and super bowl. To me there just wasn't a viable place for Romo to go and that's why he hung it up. Even Denver to me was suspect, they need more than a QB, that team has issues. The only place Romo should have been last season was the Cowboys because we had the line and run game to protect him. I wish he would have gone to Jacksonville personally, but it was before the draft and they were still missing pieces. But hindsight being 20/20 he would have fit well and that team could get it done.

Dak is what he is and many ignored the line coming into the NFL. The scouts told you exactly what you are seeing. With a clean pocket he makes good decisions and has good footwork. When the pocket breaks down he tends to lose perspective of rushing linemen and has bad footwork which leads to inaccuracy. The difference between last years Dak and this years Dak is a clean pocket. His footwork is a mess and he's inaccurate. He is not good at progressing through his reads and is still looking for 'college' open. He had that last year with Zeke being such a threat to bust one for 60 evertime he touches the ball, not to mention Zeke in the passing game inflating stats. How many big gains did we see from Zeke with a 3 yard screen? Dozens.... People acting like Dez is 100% to blame. Dez doesn't ever get college Open, that's not his game nor will it ever be. Larry Fitzgerald made a career using his body and leverage to make catches, he never got college open. This is a Dez and Dak problem, Dak has to get comfortable with Dez's style.

I will leave you guys with this........ Do you think Beasley fell off and rapidly declined in year two because he's non existent this year? Or do you think maybe, there is some truth in what I'm telling you about your QB and pocket pressure?

Re: Official: Cowboys vs Redskins [Re: fishmagnet] #12526589 12/04/17 07:44 PM
L
Longeye Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Gosh, start a new thread. The "official" thread (whatever in the hell that means), was on Thanksgiving. Dang

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide