Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Zeke [Re: Scagnetti] #12500144 11/11/17 05:39 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Scagnetti
^^^ THIS ^^^

Excellent summation of what Ive believed has been the situation all along.

There is a quantum difference between moral and legal guilt. Elliotts name has appeared in 4 police reports over the last 3 years and hes only 22. Some on here believe hes a choirboy and then demonize Goodell for enforcing the leagues Personal Conduct Policy

I haven't seen anyone say he is a choirboy or even innocent but if you haven't even gotten enough to charge him then let it go. we live in a country where you ARE innocent till proven guilty not just accused. Goodell wants everyone to believe he has information that the police doesn't so he knows more. That is why he needs to suspend him. He doesn't so where is the evidence he did anything other then get accused. I guess if you or Goodell have information showing a crime was actually commented then turn over the information to the police if not your accusations are not any more credible then the people that accused him to begin with.

Re: Zeke [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12500152 11/11/17 05:49 PM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted By: fitter2259
Sadly, far too many on here have let this court preceding debacle get totally away from them or they simply choose not to see or understand what is going on. This is not about Zeke's statutory guilt or innocence of abuse any longer, that ship sailed when district attorneys (not law enforcement) decided not to bring charges against him. To continue to harp continuously about his legal status is just what Zeke, the cowboys and the media want going on in order to distract from the actual proceedings taking place and for which Zeke has zero defense for. But by all means, continue to wear yourselves out debating weather or not Zeke is an abuser of women or not if it makes you feel better, there are only two people who know the truth and both of them have lost all credibility for telling the truth.

The reality is that this is about (and has been since the appeals process started) NFL ethics violations for which he has a long laundry list of documented occurrences on file against him (for which he has no defense for) and did Goodell exercise his authority as granted as commissioner of the league. Once you have considered the answer to both of these questions, then and only then will you begin to understand the point for all of these useless and meaningless appeals which are only serving to stall and delay the inevitable. Fight it to the end they say.....Proclaim you innocence from the highest mountain for all to hear they say.....Anyone ever wondered why Zeke personally has never spoken a word on the subject or even been allowed to take interviews or questions from the media?

I guess most of us are stating if they don't have enough evidence to even bring charges against him how can Goodell or you convict him and say he should be discipline then. He shouldn't be disciplined by Goodell or anyone else if he did nothing wrong and as you stated their is no credible information to convict. No one is stating he is innocent we are just saying if their isn't even enough to get him charged then Goodell is WRONG for finding someone guilty of something they didn't do or he can't prove. I guess if Goodell has proof he needs to turn it over to the police so he can be charged.

SMDH.....Why is it so hard to understand this is about employee ethics and not statutory prosecution? The legal system made its decision....NO charges. Now the NFL is making their decision. Stop trying to intertwine the two processes, they are completely independent of each other, and its not Goodell's job to intervene in the legal process bang .

Re: Zeke [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12500154 11/11/17 05:52 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
^^^ THIS ^^^

There is a quantum difference between moral and legal guilt. Elliotts name has appeared in 4 police reports over the last 3 years and hes only 22. Some on here believe hes a choirboy and then demonize Goodell for enforcing the leagues Personal Conduct Policy

I haven't seen anyone say he is a choirboy or even innocent but if you haven't even gotten enough to charge him then let it go. we live in a country where you ARE innocent till proven guilty not just accused. Goodell wants everyone to believe he has information that the police doesn't so he knows more. That is why he needs to suspend him. He doesn't so where is the evidence he did anything other then get accused. I guess if you or Goodell have information showing a crime was actually commented then turn over the information to the police if not your accusations are not any more credible then the people that accused him to begin with.

The NFL is not a democracy and LEGAL guilt or innocence is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to those entrusted to enforce the leagues Personal Conduct Policy

As it is the prerogative of any business, they are fully within their rights to conduct business as they deem fit and that includes enforcing a code of ethics and behavior

Your obtuseness in failing to understand that fact is beyond stultifying

[Linked Image]

Re: Zeke [Re: Scagnetti] #12500179 11/11/17 06:28 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
^^^ THIS ^^^

Except none of those other issues played a part in the suspension. I, and I think it was TXmasterpro that said it too, would have been ok with two games for violating the personal conduct policy for all of Zeke's BS, none of which he has been arrested for or convicted of.

Unfortunately, Goodell launched an investigation, which the league isn't equipped for, nor should it be, that lasted nearly two years and suspended him for six games and tried to brand him a domestic abuser, even though the head of investigations, a woman, suggested no punishment. Just like the DA said there was not enough evidence and said he thinks something happened but isn't sure what and can't prove it.

All of the times his name has been mentioned in legal or moral issues are bad. Not good a 22 year old would have that many negative stories in such a short period. But Goodell didn't take any of those into account, or if he did, he didn't make that publicly known and instead made it all about the domestic violence.

If he makes it about his catalogue of negative press, the personal conduct clause is a no-brainer and he would've served a couple of games and we wouldn't be here.

Goodell made it hard on himself, and might be punishing an innocent man. I'd fight it to my death before I accepted being named a domestic abuser if I was innocent.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke [Re: Scagnetti] #12500180 11/11/17 06:31 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
^^^ THIS ^^^

The NFL is not a democracy and LEGAL guilt or innocence is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to those entrusted to enforce the leagues Personal Conduct Policy

As it is the prerogative of any business, they are fully within their rights to conduct business as they deem fit and that includes enforcing a code of ethics and behavior

Your obtuseness in failing to understand that fact is beyond stultifying

So many big words, so little basic understanding of why he got suspended.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke [Re: Duck_Hunter] #12500183 11/11/17 06:33 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
^^^ THIS ^^^

Except none of those other issues played a part in the suspension. I, and I think it was TXmasterpro that said it too, would have been ok with two games for violating the personal conduct policy for all of Zeke's BS, none of which he has been arrested for or convicted of.

Unfortunately, Goodell launched an investigation, which the league isn't equipped for, nor should it be, that lasted nearly two years and suspended him for six games and tried to brand him a domestic abuser, even though the head of investigations, a woman, suggested no punishment. Just like the DA said there was not enough evidence and said he thinks something happened but isn't sure what and can't prove it.

All of the times his name has been mentioned in legal or moral issues are bad. Not good a 22 year old would have that many negative stories in such a short period. But Goodell didn't take any of those into account, or if he did, he didn't make that publicly known and instead made it all about the domestic violence.

If he makes it about his catalogue of negative press, the personal conduct clause is a no-brainer and he would've served a couple of games and we wouldn't be here.

Goodell made it hard on himself, and might be punishing an innocent man. I'd fight it to my death before I accepted being named a domestic abuser if I was innocent.

Spot on

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke [Re: H.Town_paddler] #12500197 11/11/17 07:07 PM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Any of y'all been a 21 year old millionaire? No?

His behaviors are documented, none are egregious.... certainly none are worthy of what amounts to a 2 million dollar fine.

The players gave Gotohell the authorization to do what he did. You can bet they will force that change in 2020 or there will be another strike. Gotohell has damaged the NFL with this deal, and with the flag deal, that's unquestionable. JJ will never forget it.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Zeke [Re: H.Town_paddler] #12500221 11/11/17 08:03 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
League owners are expected to extend Goodells contract through 2024 with an average salary of $40 million a year

Somebody thinks hes doing a good job

[Linked Image]

Re: Zeke [Re: Duck_Hunter] #12500263 11/11/17 08:55 PM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
^^^ THIS ^^^

Go back and read the report generated by the NFL investigation. You may not agree with their determination or the severity of the punishment handed down, but all of zeke's past discrepancies were sighted, instance for instance, in making their judgment. Its all in the report.

Re: Zeke [Re: H.Town_paddler] #12500276 11/11/17 09:10 PM
L
Longeye Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
I know I'm not the smartest dummy on here, but it's time to let this horse die. I have stated my thoughts, but it don't matter. The bottom line is he is gone for at least 4 games and we need to focus or discuss how we are going to do without his arse on the field. There is probably a better chance than not that this won't be his first time in trouble with the league. It will be really interesting to see how we can run the ball tomorrow against the Falcons.

Re: Zeke [Re: fitter2259] #12500290 11/11/17 09:29 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
^^^ THIS ^^^

Go back and read the report generated by the NFL investigation. You may not agree with their determination or the severity of the punishment handed down, but all of zeke's past discrepancies were sighted, instance for instance, in making their judgment. Its all in the report.

Everything I read or heard was this suspension was solely for abuse, nothing to do with anything else, technically they could still do something about the bar fight and the parade deal. So that being said Goodell took the law in his own hands which he has the power to do, but if for some reason it comes out that Zeke is really innocent, say the girl comes out and says she just wanted to get back at Zeke and made it up, i think it will be Goodells arse. And previous poster is right, this horse is beat to death, sure hope Zeke stays out of the news from here on out.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke [Re: fitter2259] #12500306 11/11/17 09:57 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
^^^ THIS ^^^

This one?

https://www.scribd.com/document/357775484/Ezekiel-Elliott-suit?secret_password=346bmr6DodAJQPAFQtvb&irgwc=1&content=10079&campaign=Skimbit%2C%20Ltd.&ad_group=66960X1516590Xf3503126c5733a2ccb8dadd364a48886&keyword=ft750noi&source=impactradius&medium=affiliate#

I skimmed through it and it didn't mention the Denver pot shop, the St. Patrick's Day parade or bar fight incidents. It's 90 pages, so I might have missed it because I'm exhausted and just skimmed it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke [Re: H.Town_paddler] #12501280 11/12/17 08:40 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Just read that since he can't be around the team, he is going on trip out of the country. Going abroad to find a broad?

Re: Zeke [Re: H.Town_paddler] #12501358 11/12/17 09:49 PM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
You guys talk to much.

The print is so small I can't even read it anymore.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Zeke [Re: Spiderman] #12501385 11/12/17 10:18 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Spiderman
You guys talk to much.

The print is so small I can't even read it anymore.

It's my fault. The forum software didn't like the link I tried to post for some reason and it screwed everything up (and also didn't link it).

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide