Forums59
Topics1,039,867
Posts13,971,433
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496285 11/08/17 12:38 PM
J
jcwebb70 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
On the positive side, If you hadn't forgotten the straps you'd not have found the leaking hose issue until you'd parked the truck and headed out to sea which would have really made the day worse. Things seem to happen for a reason and work themselves out.

But...I'm right there with you on being pissed off, those mistakes are more forgivable if we weren't paying what we pay for these rigs, AND we plan our whole week around getting to use them once or twice a week, then it doesn't work. Usually its our own fault for lack of maintenance, but buy a new care you don't expect the wheel to fall off while driving it home:)

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496364 11/08/17 02:10 PM
T
Tracker Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
No auto bilge on a new boat?

Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496366 11/08/17 02:11 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
I have a story that is one of the best I've ever heard.

A friend of mine took his Champion to a dealer at Fork (no longer in business) and asked for a Hotfoot to be installed. They marked where he wanted it to be and settled on a price. A few days later they called to say his boat was ready. He picks it up and goes straight to the lake for an afternoon's fishing.

He gets the boat ready and backs it into the water. He is by himself so it takes a little extra time. He climbs from the back of his pickup into the boat and starts the motor. No issues so far - let's the motor warm a couple minutes then puts it in reverse. He gently gives it some throttle. The boat doesn't move so he gives it more throttle. Still doesn't move.

Thinking he left the transom ties on he gets out of the boat and pulls it out of the water. Ties are off. Bow is unhooked. He backs in again, this time deeper. Jumps back into the drivers seat and starts it up. Guns the motor in reverse. Boat still doesn't budge. Now he is really confused.

He pulls the boat back out of the water and looks all around it to see what the matter could be. Everything looks normal.

Perplexed, he drives back to the dealer and explains his situation. They pull the boat into the shop and start inspecting it. The shop owner finds the young man that installed the hotfoot and begins to question him.

They discover he had used 4" long SS screws to affix the Hotfoot to the deck under the console.

THEY HAD SCREWED THE BOAT HULL TO THE TRAILER BUNK!!! bang realmad

Last edited by Ken A.; 11/08/17 07:16 PM.

Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: Ken A.] #12496395 11/08/17 02:30 PM
i-Fish Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Ken A.

A friend of mine took his Champion to a dealer at Fork (no longer in business) and asked for a Hotfoot to be installed. They marked where he wanted it to be and settled on a price. A few days later they called to say his boat was ready. He picks it up and goes straight to the lake for an afternoon's fishing.

He gets the boat ready and backs it into the water. He is by himself so it takes a little extra time. He climbs from the back of his pickup into the boat and starts the motor. No issues so far - let's the motor warm a couple minutes then puts it in reverse. He gently gives it some throttle. The boat doesn't move so he gives it more throttle. Still doesn't move.

Thinking he left the transom ties on he gets out of the boat and pulls it out of the water. Ties are off. Bow is unhooked. He backs in again, this time deeper. Jumps back into the drivers seat and starts it up. Guns the motor in reverse. Boat still doesn't budge. Now he is really confused.

He pulls the boat back out of the water and looks all around it to see what the mater could be. Everything looks normal.

Perplexed, he drives back to the dealer and explains his situation. They pull the boat into the shop and start inspecting it. The shop owner finds the young man that installed the hotfoot and begins to question him.

They discover he had used 4" long SS screws to affix the Hotfoot to the deck under the console.

Wow. That is rich. roflmao

If you can't find em wind em.
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496400 11/08/17 02:31 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: i-Fish
Originally Posted By: forkduc
Did your bilge work?

Yes, I pumped out the rest of the water from the ramp. But, I’m glad I wasn’t in the middle of the lake to find out if it could keep up with the substantial amount of water that was filling the hull at an alarming rate.

if the bilge pump failed to work or keep up .........
all you have to do is fire the motor up and take off ,,,,,,, the boat will drain as you drive.
some people do not this little fun fact of boating.

Last edited by flukeman83; 11/08/17 02:31 PM.
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496407 11/08/17 02:37 PM
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Wonder what would have happened if you had removed the straps and transom saver and left down the lake. Might have been a blessing in disguise.

Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496412 11/08/17 02:40 PM
B
bogey♂ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Ken, talk about being mad realmad

I have a good buddy (Justin) that has been fishing with me and another buddy (Ryan) for over 10 years. Ryan ended up buying a new to him boat and basically let Justin have his old boat. Justin met me at Lake Lavon for his virgin run.
Dip boat in.
Get in and start it
move to courtesy ramp
park truck
get to boat
do a quick circle
back to courtesy ramp
He forgot the plug on his 1st attempt. I had to call Ryan to let him know.

A week later his is fishing at night with his daughter and she kicked the kill switch
He used the trolling motor for two hours before being rescued by a friend.
He realized what happened after manually loading. He also shin kicked the trailer while loading.
I let him know that he knocked a few of the typical items off the list early. cheers

We've all done it!

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
you know, nothing wrong with seven men who met on the internet going for a swim together
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496430 11/08/17 02:54 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
It happens to all of us. I've done the transom straps thing more than once. Forgot to remove the steering stops one time, too. Launch, back up and go to turn. Nothing. WTH's wrong with this thing??? roflmao

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: Ken A.] #12496514 11/08/17 03:51 PM
Minner Bucket Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ken A.

He pulls the boat back out of the water and looks all around it to see what the mater could be. Everything looks normal.

LMAO!!

Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496534 11/08/17 04:02 PM
OzzieFish Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
well its out of the way now...

Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496578 11/08/17 04:32 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaoroflmao roflmao

#MFGA
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496610 11/08/17 04:56 PM
Duck_Jerky Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: i-Fish
Turns out the fitting that connects the hose to the port was broken. Dealer MAY have the part and will take it first thing in the morning to Cabela's (shoutout to them for taking care of the situation when they had nothing to do with this ordeal). I wouldn't be so upset but this may effect my plans for Thursday which include somebody else's time and I HATE holding other people up or cancelling plans last minute.

If this were to happen to you out on the lake, just fire up the motor and cruise across the lake...the water will be sucked right out once you get on plane cheers (speaking from experience smile )

Brian Carter
Pro Staff
B'n'M Poles - www.bnmpoles.com - Quality Rods For Over 60 Years
War Eagle Boats - www.wareagleboats.com - Built for hunters who love to fish!

Videos
www.youtube.com/BnMFishingPoles - YouTube Channel
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496625 11/08/17 05:05 PM
G
GarySHO Offline
Ice Ice Baby
Ice Ice Baby
G
I've seen that happen several times. Usually a good mechanic that does the PDI will check those hoses if they have had that happen before. I know some of them go up on but don't quite latch and seal off. Now the next boat you get you will back it in the water and open all the doors and check.......growing pains. Congrats on the new boat.

[Linked Image]
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt

Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

2020 Caymas CX 20 PRO and 250 SHO
Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12496775 11/08/17 07:07 PM
H
Hog Jaw Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
H
Again there is more to come , just have to learn from them because some times mistakes can get $$$$

Re: First trip out with the new boat...FAIL!! [Re: i-Fish] #12497211 11/08/17 11:42 PM
BassKarma Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
best thread in a while Thanks for posting

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide