Forums59
Topics1,039,636
Posts13,968,163
Members144,210
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12281935 06/07/17 12:17 AM
M
Muzzlebrake Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Way back in the day I fertilized my organic garden every year with carp. Best fertilizer I ever used.
Good thing I don't do that anymore.

From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round...and He laughed and laughed and laughed!

Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12281990 06/07/17 12:48 AM
S
SharkBaitTV Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
for anyone wanting to clear up the regulations themselves
Please contact

Ken F. Kurzawski
Regulations and Information Programs
TPWD - Inland Fisheries
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
512-389-4591 (o)
email - <inld@tpwd.texas.gov>

"Conservation is the preservation of life on earth, and that, above all else, is worth fighting for."
Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12282044 06/07/17 01:17 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
So what pound bow do you guys like for the really large alligator gar?

[Linked Image]
Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12282090 06/07/17 01:41 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
60-80 lbs brother !! Lol !!! shark bait I really admire your passion and perseverance but I stay waaaaay the hell away from your post but you catch some awesome fish bud keep it up !

Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: Chris B] #12282162 06/07/17 02:27 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: Chris B

Good question. There's 4 large dead ones on Facebook, I'd post the pic; but I'd hate to make guys cry. Guys who killed them say that they are yummy.

Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: grout-scout] #12282166 06/07/17 02:28 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
The backstrap taste like shrimp.

[Linked Image]
Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: RedRanger] #12282250 06/07/17 03:18 AM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
TPWD has two sets of rules.

The rules the general public must follow

Then the rules they get to follow.
This is so true it sad, look up the poaching game warden in Delta county, its a travesty that guys still has a job 3 years later...

Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: grout-scout] #12282380 06/07/17 05:41 AM
D
dmunsie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

Good question. There's 4 large dead ones on Facebook, I'd post the pic; but I'd hate to make guys cry. Guys who killed them say that they are yummy.

You're allowed 1 Alligator Gar a day, nothing wrong with eating them. But for those just out for the thrill of the kill, that's the problem. And the law is very clear.

"Waste of fish - It is unlawful to leave edible fish or bait fish taken from the public waters of the state to die without the intent to retain the fish for consumption or bait."

Taken from this page:
http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoo...ing-regulations

Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: dmunsie] #12282561 06/07/17 01:07 PM
S
spacemonkey Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I agree 100% ! I have no issue with anybody wanting to hunt or fish alligator gar. Those who are hunting them just to trash them or claim it's for fertilizer is what I have a problem with. it's unlawful .

Originally Posted By: dmunsie

You're allowed 1 Alligator Gar a day, nothing wrong with eating them. But for those just out for the thrill of the kill, that's the problem. And the law is very clear.

"Waste of fish - It is unlawful to leave edible fish or bait fish taken from the public waters of the state to die without the intent to retain the fish for consumption or bait."

Taken from this page:
http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoo...ing-regulations

Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: PKfishin] #12282714 06/07/17 02:39 PM
T
texan12 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Originally Posted By: PKfishin
who says Gar or carp are edible. This is exactly why people loath the government.

You've obviously never tried gar or carp. It's a matter of preference. Many prefer gar or carp over striper and sand bass. I have eaten all of the above, and can't say I fall in to that category, but there are plenty that do. The protection of gar and carp is no less important that that of other game fish. They all make up the ecosystem and play a role. For the record, I have been bowfishing many times and taken my fair share of gar, carp, and buffalo in a legal manner. I have not always used the fish I have taken (not legal, I know), but have given them away to people that wanted them and needed the food. Let me tell you, they were more than appreciative.

SharkBaitTV, you make a clear and valid point, sir. You are not pushing for a stop to bowfishing, you are simply stating the law, which happens to be clear cut. Contrary to what others have said, TPWD is not "out to get" those who hunt and fish. Though I don't agree with everything they do, I know their intentions are generally for the best.

Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: texan12] #12282749 06/07/17 03:02 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: texan12
who says Gar or carp are edible. This is exactly why people loath the government.

You've obviously never tried gar or carp. It's a matter of preference. Many prefer gar or carp over striper and sand bass. I have eaten all of the above, and can't say I fall in to that category, but there are plenty that do. The protection of gar and carp is no less important that that of other game fish. They all make up the ecosystem and play a role. For the record, I have been bowfishing many times and taken my fair share of gar, carp, and buffalo in a legal manner. I have not always used the fish I have taken (not legal, I know), but have given them away to people that wanted them and needed the food. Let me tell you, they were more than appreciative.

SharkBaitTV, you make a clear and valid point, sir. You are not pushing for a stop to bowfishing, you are simply stating the law, which happens to be clear cut. Contrary to what others have said, TPWD is not "out to get" those who hunt and fish. Though I don't agree with everything they do, I know their intentions are generally for the best.

No, he is pushing to stop the killing of gar. You've only read one of his post.

Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: texan12] #12282781 06/07/17 03:29 PM
M
mickeytfc Offline
Angler
Angler
M
SharkBaitTV, you make a clear and valid point, sir. You are not pushing for a stop to bowfishing, you are simply stating the law, which happens to be clear cut. Contrary to what others have said, TPWD is not "out to get" those who hunt and fish. Though I don't agree with everything they do, I know their intentions are generally for the best. [/quote]

Agreed. You stay after your noble cause SharkBaitTV. I don't remember the exact quote but I heard somewhere that any entity that does regulate itself dooms itself to be regulated by outsiders, something like that. Fisherman and hunters aren't fighting among themselves when they call out for and against unethical and or illegal means, methods, or take. They are protecting both their natural resources and their future rights.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. Henry David Thoreau
Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: mickeytfc] #12282839 06/07/17 04:06 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted By: mickeytfc
Agreed. You stay after your noble cause SharkBaitTV. I don't remember the exact quote but I heard somewhere that any entity that does regulate itself dooms itself to be regulated by outsiders, something like that. Fisherman and hunters aren't fighting among themselves when they call out for and against unethical and or illegal means, methods, or take. They are protecting both their natural resources and their future rights.

I see these same arguments in Alaska regarding what size halibut that sportfishermen should keep, rockfish limits, etc. We can either conserve our natural resources now, or be without them later.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: grout-scout] #12283305 06/07/17 09:06 PM
S
SharkBaitTV Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted By: texan12

No, he is pushing to stop the killing of gar. You've only read one of his post.

my end goal is getting alligator gar the game fish status they deserve nothing more nothing less.

"Conservation is the preservation of life on earth, and that, above all else, is worth fighting for."
Re: (TPWD Responds) Its Illegal to Dump or Bury Fish in the State of Texas [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12283373 06/07/17 09:52 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Grind up said fish and sell for Chum.....

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide