Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Bee'z] #12161175 03/28/17 01:43 AM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T
Originally Posted By: 2 Bee'z
Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
Lake highlands is weird... either wealthy and needy, or poor and nasty. And there's a huge red ranger fan club of transvestites in the area.

roflmao
They like getting plumbed.

Last edited by Trickster; 03/28/17 01:44 AM.
Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12161277 03/28/17 02:31 AM
Billy Blazer 300 HPDI Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
When I first moved to Houston got lost leaving a meeting down town Shell Oil HQ building down town. I ended up in one of the Wards, it sas bad but not as bad as the area in Fort Worth, I belive someone said it was called Top Six.

Its a shame areas in the major cities end up like they do.

Thanks, Billy
Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #12166498 03/31/17 02:09 AM
machinist Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
I had accounts in DFW for two or three years few years back. I had some utility company Headquarters accounts in Dallas. Also had a some power plants we had control systems in I had to call on a time or two.

One of the plants, I think it was an Excelon plant in Forth Worth was in a really bad hood. Had another sales guy with me, he was from New York, worked in New York City for a while. I told him we were going to a bad part of town. He said he'd seen it all in NY City etc.

He was following me in his company car, I stopped for gas he was so scared he wouldn't get out and put gas in his car for nothing, said he had enough to make it to Brideport the next place we were going.

Not sure what part of Ft Worth its called other than Ft Worth and I don't remember the exit off the freeway. All I know it sure looked like a bad part of town. Houston has some bad parts too, but this looked just as bad as any place I'd been before.

That had to be the Handley Plant. It is Off East 820 on East Rosedale It is in the Stop Six area
It was originally a Texas Electric Service Co. Plant before it was sold to Exelon

I fish on the edge and stay out of the middle

99 BassCat Jag w/225 Merc Optimax
Retired TXU Outage Manager
Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12167169 03/31/17 02:53 PM
S
swalker9513 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I've not been all over Dallas, but it seems it would be easier to name the "safer" parts of town, but even then I'm not sure I would live there. Was it 2 years ago that the woman was shot in the parking garage of an Uptown apartment? And a few nights ago, there was a robbery at the Ritz. I've walked to the train station in front of the AAC at 9 pm. It's more than a little sketchy. It has to be one of the most politically corrupt cities in the US. Police Dept. is a disaster (that seems to be getting better), school board is a disaster, city council is a disaster.

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12167188 03/31/17 03:11 PM
S
swalker9513 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
There's also another interesting dynamic that happens in these neighborhoods. I have a friend who was a teacher at Poly in Fort Worth for a long time. When she first started there, it seemed stuff was stolen every day. She even had her car stolen out of the teacher's parking lot. But she persevered. She eventually became the safest person in that area. My teenage daughter went to several basketball games with her, and I never worried about it. People protected her, and everyone knew she was off limits. Not that it would have mattered, though, this person has walked the streets of some of the most dangerous places in the world (that makes Stop Six look like a candy striper convention) without fear.

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12200941 04/15/17 11:03 PM
P
paul_376 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Stip 6

PB - 35# Blue Catfish
Alexx PB - 7 lbs. Blue Catfish

Originally Posted By: Mudshark
As far as Paul is concerned, he is my Bro. Lay off him. All is good.

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
I might be in, just to hang with Paul. Sounds like a party.
Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12200983 04/15/17 11:46 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
The West Side bc of the Jamaican Posse clowns.

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12201054 04/16/17 12:39 AM
D
Devil Horse Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
whoa my post brought back to live another day grin

SO WHAT YOU THINK makes these "rough" areas rough? Drugs? Hookers? Poorness? Race? Bush? (haha) or most of what i mentioned?

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: fouzman] #12203957 04/18/17 01:29 AM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Wow! I grew up in Richardson and N Dallas. Played golf every weekend at Cedar Crest in Oak Cliff. My buddy and I were often the only salt at the course. But those guys treated us great. Loved the older gentlemen that would set up their grills and lawn chairs in the parking lot, bbq, drink and gamble all weekend. There were some BIG money games played on that course. Two guys playing and another dozen in carts following along betting on anything and everything. My girlfriend and I lived in a brand new apartment at Skillman and Audelia in the early 80's and the area wasn't bad. Other than Hamilton Park. Lake Highlands surprises me, but I moved down here in 1991 so it sounds like a lot has changed, or continued to deteriorate.

these guys exaggerate

Cedar Crest is a decent course, and the neighborhood around it is fine. I go there to hit balls on occasion. On weekends they always have big groups of kids out there taking lessons.

Lake Highlands is fine, there are some shady areas up near 635 but it's not bad

about the only part of town I don't like going to is Pleasant Grove and the area along MLK

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: 04champ] #12204020 04/18/17 01:56 AM
T
THF_BigPig Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: 04champ
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Wow! I grew up in Richardson and N Dallas. Played golf every weekend at Cedar Crest in Oak Cliff. My buddy and I were often the only salt at the course. But those guys treated us great. Loved the older gentlemen that would set up their grills and lawn chairs in the parking lot, bbq, drink and gamble all weekend. There were some BIG money games played on that course. Two guys playing and another dozen in carts following along betting on anything and everything. My girlfriend and I lived in a brand new apartment at Skillman and Audelia in the early 80's and the area wasn't bad. Other than Hamilton Park. Lake Highlands surprises me, but I moved down here in 1991 so it sounds like a lot has changed, or continued to deteriorate.

these guys exaggerate

Cedar Crest is a decent course, and the neighborhood around it is fine. I go there to hit balls on occasion. On weekends they always have big groups of kids out there taking lessons.

Lake Highlands is fine, there are some shady areas up near 635 but it's not bad

about the only part of town I don't like going to is Pleasant Grove and the area along MLK

The problem is, you see things on the face, judging a book by its cover. I work the streets in those areas or have in the past. Did you know that the Forest/Audelia & Skillman/Aurelia area leads the city in violent crime? You can almost 100% accurately predict the crime trend for the city based off those 2 areas.

PG is bad on the face, but the opportunity for violent crime such as robberies and property crimes such as thefts/burglaries just aren't there. Oak Cliff is a rough place, as is West Dallas, we here so many gun shots while I work 8p-4a, the officers don't even flinch or notify dispatch. It's just part of the Cliff. So many violent crimes in West Dallas go unreported, that 13 reported crimes since the first of the year raised the reported crime by 42% in that area over this time last year.

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12204025 04/18/17 01:57 AM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
how many of those violent crimes affect non residents passing through?

I hear gun shots from my house in the M Streets all the time, I don't flinch either.

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: 04champ] #12204112 04/18/17 02:38 AM
T
THF_BigPig Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: 04champ
how many of those violent crimes affect non residents passing through?

I hear gun shots from my house in the M Streets all the time, I don't flinch either.

East Dallas, where you are located really isn't rough, to me. Wednesday night into Thursday morning, my partner and I on viewed a drive by shooting (arrested 1 w/1 gun recovered) , arrested a felony warrant suspect (recovered 1 gun), and found a stolen F350 (recovered 1 gun). That was an 8 hour shift, and I don't wear a uniform. That was all from the Oak Cliff/West Dallas area.

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12204143 04/18/17 02:57 AM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
It's not rough. At all. I wouldn't consider anything north of I-30, south of 635, and west of Buckner "rough". East of there I call "Mesquite", and north of there I call "Garland". I guess I forget that north of 635 is actually still Dallas

It's a different city than it was 10 years ago for sure.

I think a more interesting statistic than violent crime numbers would be something along the lines of how often a resident of Old Lake Highlands is robbed or assaulted in North Lake Highlands, or how often someone from Kessler Park is carjacked on their way to Trinity Groves or the Design District.

We all know that the impoverished tend to prey on their own, and that violent crime statistics are going to reflect this... but does that make an area dangerous?

West Dallas is certainly one of the chittiest parts of town. They should just eminent domain the whole area and bulldoze it. I can't really think of a reason for any of us to ever have to go in there. There's no route for thru traffic. Maybe they can build a nice park overlooking the trinity. I drove through there one day soon after they announced the Trinity Groves development thinking there could be investment opportunities. I changed my mind real quick

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12204198 04/18/17 03:28 AM
G
Gixxer1k Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
G
Mr Pookie and K Roc used to rap about Audelia. I used to run around there in the early 2000's. S hole for sure.

Re: Meanest, roughest part of Dallas [Re: Devil Horse] #12204213 04/18/17 03:39 AM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Didn't there used to be some liquor stores at Audelia or Jupiter and 635? In high school we would go down there and get someone hanging out in the parking lot to buy us liquor

Maybe it was further west, Abrams or something. We would go to the one off Spring Valley and if that didn't work we knew we coudl go down there...

Not smart, in hindsight

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide